• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Nah, this card was from my family, not from Valve.

woot, good to hear I'm not ancient yet!

Oh I see. Its awesome that your family know you're a PC gamer to gift you that :)

Well the only thing I'd be worry about starting at 40 is your
prostate exams

Sucks. But you gotta do it to stay healthy. :) hope you have an awesome birthday weekend man. Some amazing steam deals will make it sweeter! Come on Gabe! Let's celebrate his birthday!

ZeroCDR

I will be shocked if RE4 doesn't have a flash/ daily. A lot of people were probably turned off at launch due to the price and the several technical issues.

They've since made it a contender for hands-down best version of RE4, so I really wanna see it get gobbled up on sale.

Jeremy

Oh I see. Its awesome that your family know you're a PC gamer to gift you that :)

Well the only thing I'd be worry about starting at 40 is your
prostate exams

Sucks. But you gotta do it to stay healthy. :) hope you have an awesome birthday weekend man. Some amazing steam deals will make it sweeter! Come on Gabe! Let's celebrate his birthday!

There's something hilarious about
prostate exams
being in spoiler tags... like you don't want to spoil it for other 40-year-olds.

oipic

All those Female Protagonists community choices and no Remember Me? :(

I had thought the same, Bernardo - still waiting for Remember Me to appear too, and this would've been a fitting time and place for it. The sale is young, there's still hope... I hope.

Jopie

Steam roulette, for when you just can't decide what to play

this is awesome. Before I was using excel to assign a random number to each game, and then filtering highest to lowest number in order to pick which game to play. This is much quicker.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow. Ass Creed 4's multiplayer community is DEAD on PC. That's... supremely disappointing since as a casual player I love playing Manhunt/Wolfpack in that mode. :(

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lmao, so i knew steam streaming or whatever was a thing, but never bothered to look into it. I have one pc in my bedroom and one in my living room. So i signed into steam in the LR and forgot i was signed in the BR. I thought my steam was glitching cause it said i had all these games installed. I tried one and then i was able to play the game perfectly using my 360 controller. It just blew my mind. Not that i need it, my LR pc is far stronger than my bedroom but damn, that was awesome magics

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Capcpom doesn't want money.

One day I would love to know how these sales work. Are companies really not sending valve instructions to lower these games more, does valve have a limited number of slots and picks and chooses, etc

How does a game like Magrunner, which was free on GOG, has no discount at all during the steam sale?

How does ubisoft give rayman legends 75% but not origins which is older

Etc

Nipo

I like the whole voting aspect but I think it would be more fun if steam picked one of the four games from each category to go head to head. Whichever one was bought more at the end of 8 hours would unlock the additional discounts on the other three.

Shadownet

Banned
There's something hilarious about
prostate exams
being in spoiler tags... like you don't want to spoil it for other 40-year-olds.

If I just put it out there. We would have mass hysteria and men committing suicide at the age of 39. Better to keep it spoiler free :p so male population doesn't go extinct!

Plus get it? You have to go some place dark to do a
prostate exam.
haha

I like the whole voting aspect but I think it would be more fun if steam picked one of the four games from each category to go head to head. Whichever one was bought more at the end of 8 hours would unlock the additional discounts on the other three.

There'd be no incentive to buy if you didn't get a lower discount right off the bat.

Wow. Ass Creed 4's multiplayer community is DEAD on PC. That's... supremely disappointing since as a casual player I love playing Manhunt/Wolfpack in that mode. :(

I stopped after a few days because wow do high level players get to shit on everyone with their unstoppable abilities.

And no one wanted to co-operate in the co-operative ones, imagine that.

Cheddahz

Banned
I think I'm done with this sale guys
:(
. I decided to spend the rest of my sale money on Chrono Trigger for my 3DS (well, it's the DS version, but ya know...I'm going to play it on my 3DS), I'm going out of town twice in July to visit people and go to a bunch of concerts, and yeah, it's probably just best for me to save my money

Child of Light is on my wishlist and it's one of the games I was hoping to pick up this sale. But with only a 25% discount, and Uplay to contend with, I think I'll wait until it's cheaper.

Would have possibly jumped on 33% off, would have definitely jumped on 50% or higher.

Pretty much what I said. 33% I probably would've bit, a higher discount would have made me bite almost immediately.

MikeDown

Banned
For the fanfiction, since I would be writing for an audience, I kinda would like to know what game I should write for so knowing what kind of games he plays or what games he has played could be useful. (has he played final fantasy 6?)

Does the winner pick the game they want?
I have one game that I have picked out for each category. Though if enough interest is expressed, I wouldn't be oppose to having a 1st and 2nd place in each category where they can choose their games.

And if I told you his likes and dislikes and stuff i feel that i wouldn't be impartial anymore. Sorry.

Though like with yesterday here is his steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/samoorai182

AHA-Lambda

One day I would love to know how these sales work. Are companies really not sending valve instructions to lower these games more, does valve have a limited number of slots and picks and chooses, etc

How does a game like Magrunner, which was free on GOG, has no discount at all during the steam sale?

How does ubisoft give rayman legends 75% but not origins which is older

Etc

I wonder if publishers and devs are trying to pull back some control with sales? They know sales drive units but maybe hope for lesser discounts?

We've even seen some indie devs lament the impact of steam sales recently.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I stopped after a few days because wow do high level players get to shit on everyone with their unstoppable abilities.

And no one wanted to co-operate in the co-operative ones, imagine that.

If people work together and know what they're doing, the "high level" players can't shit on the team outside of continuous stuns. Something Ubisoft should really fix. If the person is waiting for me to get up, I should be able to instantly kill them for waiting around instead of getting away.

But that's ignoring Wolfpack: Which is co-op based. That's DEAD. And since I can't make a private one-player-start Wolfpack mode (WTF?) in private matches, I can't even play that to rank up and get abilities. My blender and blending and morph skills! WHY DO I HAVE TO REUNLOCK THESE EVERY OUTING UBISOFT! D:

You have to remember: The high level players have played three previous outings of multiplayer so they know the tricks. I just did a round in Manhunt with a bunch of level 25's/still green players as a level 1 and killed the most on my team (while someone had a higher bonus since they were higher ranked and had more abilities than the two shitty ones I never use after the initial levels because goddamn is Morph good). It's completely possible to beat higher level players, you just have to put the time in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think I'm done with this sale guys
:(
. I decided to spend the rest of my sale money on Chrono Trigger for my 3DS (well, it's the DS version, but ya know...I'm going to play it on my 3DS), I'm going out of town twice in July to visit people and go to a bunch of concerts, and yeah, it's probably just best for me to save my money

im sorry, is this the steam sale thread, or the "I have a life" thread. We dont need your kind here sir!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Lmao, so i knew steam streaming or whatever was a thing, but never bothered to look into it. I have one pc in my bedroom and one in my living room. So i signed into steam in the LR and forgot i was signed in the BR. I thought my steam was glitching cause it said i had all these games installed. I tried one and then i was able to play the game perfectly using my 360 controller. It just blew my mind. Not that i need it, my LR pc is far stronger than my bedroom but damn, that was awesome magics

I need to get a box for my living room. I'd love to move my PC back into my bedroom for the dual monitor set up, but it's great to game in the living room.

Cheddahz

Banned
im sorry, is this the steam sale thread, or the "I have a life" thread. We dont need your kind here sir!

....i'll just check my leave then! *waits for original sin to release and chrono trigger to show up tomorrow*

if i do get enough card money though or my last paycheck shows up soon, i'll probably give away a game

Ok so this might kind of be an odd question but in Pacman Championship DX+ All You Can Eat Edition (apologies if that's not the exact name, I'm quite tired and can't really remember) how do you actually play a 'traditional', unending game of Pacman without timers or score limits? I've been playing the game modes in order for awhile but I'm still puzzles as to how to do this. Also, I must admit, I was quite bedazzled by how many options there were upon loading it up for the first time. I never quite realised how many things could be altered (game-mode wise, character wise, stage wise, difficulty wise, and layout wise) in Pacman having grown accustomed to simple phone and flash versions.

And apologies if it was answered and I missed it, but I'm still wondering if anybody knows of any Killer Sudoku games on Steam (rather than just traditional Sudoku games, as I can find one of those). There's something that looks similar in Toma's thread, but I'd like to be sure Killer Sudoku is present before purchasing it.

Rhaknar

....i'll just check my leave then! *waits for original sin to release and chrono trigger to show up tomorrow*

if i do get enough card money though or my last paycheck shows up soon, i'll probably give away a game

I hate you

Card Boy

Banned
All those Female Protagonists community choices and no Remember Me? :(

I will lay some truth bombs for you. Remember Me has a amazing setting, atphoeshere, music and i like the design of Nilin but gameplay wise it sucks ass. I don't know about you i play games for the gameplay unless it's a PnC or Graphic Novel.

Cheddahz

Banned
I hate you

48406-Simpsons-you-dont-win-friends-JAzd.png

I have one game that I have picked out for each category. Though if enough interest is expressed, I wouldn't be oppose to having a 1st and 2nd place in each category where they can choose their games.

And if I told you his likes and dislikes and stuff i feel that i wouldn't be impartial anymore. Sorry.

So you want us to write fan fiction that he may not even have a clue as to what it is about?

edit: Ok, I see you had the profile listed... guess that is good enough.

How is Payday 2 nowadays? Last time I played it on PS3. Which was launch week. It was glitchy as heck!

2 friends of mine and i just picked it up when it was $6. Whenever all 3 of us are on thats what we play and were having a lot of fun, not running into any glitches other than audio dialogue cutting in and out on rare ocassions.

Im not sure how much id enjoy it solo since rando's are just DIEING to tell you how much of a noob you are if you dont do things their way.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, well, well ... look who just got a steam gift certificate for his birfday...

Happy birthday!

F70UIce.jpg

can you guys feel the stereoscopic 3D superiority

I need impressions of this version.

You mean the summer sale. And KR0 was a daily right after it ended, as were most of the other 'lost' games, maybe they'll do the same this time.

Holding out hope for The Last Door to be a flash or daily at $2.50.

Well, the first level of Shovel Knight was fun.

Very retro, maybe a bit too easy, and the levels are longer than what I was expecting (it took me 10-15 minutes I guess). There seem to be a lot of secrets I missed too.

Can't wait to see more.

Hugstable

Banned
Well, the first level of Shovel Knight was fun.

Very retro, maybe a bit too easy, and the levels are longer than what I was expecting (it took me 10-15 minutes I guess). There seem to be a lot of secrets I missed too.

Can't wait to see more.

Still the first level. The first world or so can be as easy as it wants, I just want some true platforming goodness from the rest of the game.

Turfster

Flash
  • Metal Slug 3 66% off
  • How To Survive 85% off
  • Mars Warlogs 75% off
  • The sims 3 66% off Again?
Community choice
  • Mass Effect 75% off
  • Dragon Age Origins Ultimate 75% off
  • Gone Home 85% off
  • The Walking Dead Season 2 50% off
Community votes