• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

loldrums

Banned
gtvPoEl.png

Doin' good, Valve. Sadly I can't add it to my cart :(

mrgone

Did the whole card market just switch over to commodities? Or is it on a per-game basis? I just put up a few cards and the first one brought up the standard market page, all the rest have all been the buy order page.

edit: Seems like it's not on a per-game basis

Cards are commodities! Commodities are cards!

2jvPG2Y.gif

Turfster

Im surprised Thief hasn't showed up but Murderd:SS did.
We all know Thief is going to be 12.50 if it follows how tomb raider was during it's summer sale.

Dunno, they've been slashing the price on Thief for a few months. It's almost got a 15$ base price by now. Murdered is new and still needs to make some money.

Why the hell isnt Of Orcs and Men discounted more?

Listen to this man. (Or lower the base price)
And while we're at it, SiN:Emergence, Mumbojumbo.

So, FarCry 3 is going to be $10 if it wins the vote despite the fact that it has been $7.50 just a few days ago in this very same sale?

This sale is weird. And not in a good way.
They're just listing the deluxe edition as the default one under community. It'll still be $7.50, just $10 for deluxe. Chillax, brah!

Do I really have to play Child of Light on hard the first time? I tried the demo and I won a fight but it still felt like a narrow win. Half of my turns were defensive in nature and attacks still take off a lot of health (without a healer! what were they thinking?). I've only played a couple Final Fantasy's in my experience with turn-based RPGs so maybe I am just a casual. Yes, I upgraded both the characters with a balance of offense/defense and I figured out plants give you marginal health and MP, and you can blind enemies to go past them. What could I have missed? I want to buy it but I don't want to go in blind to the supposedly simple mechanics.

Goddamn this threads is fast.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is Season Two of The Walking Dead ?

I loved the first one and 400, more of the same is a positive.

I'd love to read some impressions from fellow gaffers.

I've enjoyed Season Two quite a bit, as you suggest it's more of the same, but that's not a bad thing.

UberLevi

Bought How To Survive an hour ago because it was so cheap. Can't believe it went of Flash Sale for even cheaper. Oh well, lost out on a buck.

Expect to see Orion: Dino Horde no less than 3 more times in the flash sales, and once in the dailies.
Oh, good, I was worried it wouldn't. Do you think Fallout and Borderlands will go on sale again, too? I sure hope so.

I think that's an error. It's using $39.99 as the base price when the game is $29.99.
You know what, you're right. The base price is higher right now for some reason. Hopefully it fixes by the time it goes up.

derExperte

Did the whole card market just switch over to commodities? Or is it on a per-game basis? I just put up a few cards and the first one brought up the standard market page, all the rest have all been the buy order page.

Trying some now. All show the new interface.

How is Season Two of The Walking Dead ?

I loved the first one and 400, more of the same is a positive.

I'd love to read some impressions from fellow gaffers.

Problem is that all the new episodes are as short as 400 Days. Feels very rushed and you don't get time to explore anything. I don't like it nearly as much as S1.

Maddocks

was going to pick up that dragon age since it was EA paying me to play it. Blast you Valve for being smart enough to not allow it.

Jawmuncher

Dunno, they've been slashing the price on Thief for a few months. It's almost got a 15$ base price by now. Murdered is new and still needs to make some money.

Listen to this man. (Or lower the base price)
And while we're at it, SiN:Emergence, Mumbojumbo.

I was hoping SE was going to cave and drop Murdered to 25 for a bomba sale.
Would have been all over it. Though what you said about Thief makes sense. The base price is ridiculously low already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
luukyk how many "u"s in your steam name?

because Luuukyk on steam is someone that hasnt been online for 865 days o_O

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I get the feeling that now it's going to be even more difficult to get good deals on cards.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metal Slug back on the community choice. :/

Everyone vote Arena Shooters so I can finally get UT3 for $5. :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does your save from season 1 matter much? I played on vita but want to jump to pc for season 2

As far as I can tell, the only thing that matters is
who was alive at the end of the first game. There are a few other little dialogues here and there, but most of the season 1 related stuff is flushed out in the first episode.

Thanks for impressions mate. Appreciated.

No problem.

So which side of the community vote do you guys favor? I really have no strong feelings one way or the other. I already own the games I want on both sides (Chivalry, FC3, Terraria).

Salsa

guys Shovel Knight is rad as fuck

can't wait till you see the 3D on the steam version

oh wait

Steam_Summer_Getaway_Emoticon_B1.png

first boss fight is awesome

Dajanksta

Banned
Thinking about picking up The Walking Dead season 2 if the post above was right. I played season 1 on my 360 but will most likely play this next one on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom