• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to buy one more big budget game for the sale (AKA spend more than $5). Here are my choices:

1. Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition - I think that it's been cheaper else where and I don't know if I like the combat system.
2. Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Looks fun, I think I'd like it.
3. Bioshock Triple Pack - Heard a lot about these games. Kinda tired of FPS games though. But it is a really good value.

Also thinking about Endless Space.

But most of all I just want Dark Souls 2.

Pryce

So I want to buy one more big budget game for the sale (AKA spend more than $5). Here are my choices:

1. Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition - I think that it's been cheaper else where and I don't know if I like the combat system.
3. Bioshock Triple Pack - Heard a lot about these games. Kinda tired of FPS games though. But it is a really good value.

The Bioshock pack is worth full price. Get it.

kiri

Having always liked the aesthetics but never playing them, I went for the Bioshock Triple Pack.

3 games for that price is pretty good value and I guess if I enjoy them then I will purchase the Inifinite DLC in the Winter Sales.

mrgone

I've been buying really cheap FTL cards with the new market feature.

I take it all back, this is great! The lack of f5ing and the lack of the feel of getting a good deal suck, but those prices.

I think it'll end up evening out a bit once the buy order side gets more competitive, but right now it can be pretty nice.

It's kind of fucking dastardly the way they're creating visible competition on both sides :)

Turfster

Wonder how badly the market will be influenced by the new buy/sell orders.
I mean, people are selling at 20, but I put a buy order at 10.
Will people that just want to sell for a quick buck put it at that price instead of waterfalling now?

Dragon age is fantastic, there must be 100+ hours of gameplay. Think of it as 7c an hour or so.

Don't vote GTA4. GFWL, Rockstar Social Club, SecueROM on top of regular Steam. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
Has there been any major trouble with the PC version regarding DRM?
Surely Rockstar is gonna patch GFWL out once service ceases.
If it's playable and not affecting performance too much, I can deal with it.

On the other hand, since GTAV is coming Fall, it's likely that GTA4 will get cheaper and ain't the next sale 9./10. month anyway?

Decursions, decursions.

Hugstable

Banned
Finally decided to splurge once this steam sale and went and picked up Arkham Origins ( didnt get any DLC), Enslaved amd Devil May Cry 4. Are the Rapture DLC for Bioshock Infinite worth the price? 7.49 evem at half off seems pretty expensive for DLC, unless the Rapture stuff is pretty long. Might to have to finally just buy Marlow Briggs also.

Mono

Finally decided to splurge once this steam sale and went and picked up Arkham Origins ( didnt get any DLC), Enslaved amd Devil May Cry 4. Are the Rspture DLC for Bioshock infinite worth the price? 7.49 evem st half off seems pretty expensive for DLC, unless the Rapture stuff is pretty long. Might to have to finally just buy Marlow Briggs also.

I have the Arkham Origins DLC if you want it!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck i want to buy Dragon Age Origins Ultimate but it's not available in my region :( If i use a US proxy and login to the steam webpage and buy the pack would i get into trouble with steam? Could i get banned?

DA: O is probably the last great RPG bioware put out and you can easily put 60+hours in it. That's my vote.

I'm interested in Dragon Age but I heard the sequel sucks and I'm iffy on the gameplay. I would rather control it.

the sequel does suck, but I don't see what that has to do with Origins.

Ventara

I'm interested in Dragon Age but I heard the sequel sucks and I'm iffy on the gameplay. I would rather control it.

Don't worry about DA2. I didn't finish it but from what I remember it was it's own thing and didn't have anything to do with DAO other than being in the same universe.

And you CAN control the gameplay in DAO. I micromanaged my way out of sometough fights. Seriously, it's a FANTASTIC RPG.

Biochet

Grazing over Bandai Namco's uk twitter I saw them tweeting stuff about witcher 3 which I thought was weird since WB is publishing it. NOPE.

Turns out there is like 6 publishers for this game, not the thread for this but can anyone tell me why?

Hugstable

Banned
I still hope they do the 90% off Half Minute Hero that was supposed to be in a flash sale. I have the psp game, but for 1$ I would love to have it on the big screen.

Jawmuncher

I still hope they do the 90% off Half Minute Hero that was supposed to be in a flash sale. I have the psp game, but for 1$ I would love to have it on the big screen.

Always hold hope.
I remember when last sale Long Live The Queen popped up as a flash to vote for and lost.
Then magically reappeared as a regular sale near the end.

The Bioshock pack is worth full price. Get it.

Having always liked the aesthetics but never playing them, I went for the Bioshock Triple Pack.

3 games for that price is pretty good value and I guess if I enjoy them then I will purchase the Inifinite DLC in the Winter Sales.

Dragon age is fantastic, there must be 100+ hours of gameplay. Think of it as 7c an hour or so.

DA: O is probably the last great RPG bioware put out and you can easily put 60+hours in it. That's my vote.

the sequel does suck, but I don't see what that has to do with Origins.

Two for Dragon Age and two for Bioshock. Hmmm. Is there any hope for Dark Souls 2 in this sale? Was hoping that I'd have seen it by now.

Shadownet

Banned
Fuck i want to buy Dragon Age Origins Ultimate but it's not available in my region :( If i use a US proxy and login to the steam webpage and buy the pack would i get into trouble with steam? Could i get banned?

If its not region lock I can help you buy it and gift it to you.

derExperte

RPS Wot I Think: Castle – Never Judge A Book By Its Cover

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/25/castle-never-judge-a-book-by-its-cover-review/

So yes, it’s awful. But the sort of awful I played straight through in four hours, on a day that provided me with stomach ache. Because it’s compelling. Not to find out who the murderer was – that felt wholly irrelevant. And, it turned out, not because it was Castle – the game may as well have been about the cast of Balamory for all it added to the canon. But simply because it was there, and there were trowels to find.

Don’t buy Castle: Thing-A-Me-Do, because it doesn’t deserve it.

Elija2

Just noticed that the original Payday is only $1.49. Is it still worth it? What about the Wolfpack DLC? Is it a multiplayer-centric game or is the single-player still good?

DA:O is one of my favorite games ever, bar none. DAII is awful. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't play the first.

The gameplay is tactical and definitely about planning over action, no way around that, but if you play on easy, it's still a ton of fun and allows you to be more focussed on your player character than planning your whole group. I would highly recommend it.

Just noticed that the original Payday is only $1.49. Is it still worth it? What about the Wolfpack DLC? Is it a multiplayer-centric game or is the single-player still good?

Single-player is not what you want to be buying it for.

And the community has moved on to the sequel.

Have people to play it with before you buy, or don't bother.

mrgone

Using a proxy to buy from a different store region can get you banned

You could buy keys and get it from a trader though! Just make sure it's not region locked, first :(

Get Dragon Age and the Bioshock pack if you can. All great games.

So I just finished the Scorchers DLC in Rage. It probably added two to three hours of additional content. Four fairly substantial levels, an extra, unique round of Mutant Bash TV (new course), along with a new difficulty and a new weapon with new ammo types (nail gun that can shoot rebar!). It's hard to gauge the total time of the DLC because it's firmly intertwined with your progress in the main campaign. The first area can be accessed at the Hagar settlement, while the second piece can be accessed at the Outrigger settlement but you probably want to wait to do this until you can craft Lock Grinders. I missed one locked door there. You have to wait until Wellspring to hit a mini-checkpoint in the DLC and then you have to wait until you access Mutant Bash TV, do the run for the race sponsorship and then the Scorcher's DLC run immediately after. From there you can access the final two back-to-back parts of the DLC from Wellspring.

I bought The Scorcher DLC on sale but it's only 5$, easily worth it if you enjoyed Rage.

Jawmuncher

Single-player is not what you want to be buying it for.

And the community has moved on to the sequel.

Have people to play it with before you buy, or don't bother.

All of this. Have the first game on PS3 and this stands completely.
If you want to play payday get 2 or grab a group of friends to play the first with.

Hugstable

Banned
Always hold hope.
I remember when last sale Long Live The Queen popped up as a flash to vote for and lost.
Then magically reappeared as a regular sale near the end.

I gotta keep that hope. The main game I entered into this sale wanting is Dark Souls 2, and I'm holding out hope at least til the 28th (which will probably start the recaps) for it to at least go 50% off sale. I've been close and on the button about just buying it, but I know I can make it a few more days. Still doing my first runthrough of the DS1 right now amyway. My steam wallet is just sitting... waiting for it's opportunity to praise the sun.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
yH1JKkn.png

i6Fc0nl8XaSv3.gif

I've been getting a lot of use out of this gif lately.

Edit: I also love how there's now two buy listings for $.12 too.

Ventara

Two for Dragon Age and two for Bioshock. Hmmm. Is there any hope for Dark Souls 2 in this sale? Was hoping that I'd have seen it by now.

I don't know about DS2, but go for Dragon Age: Origins. Seriously, it's an amazing game, and I found Bioshock underwhelming considering all the hype. It had a unique and great atmosphere, but nothing amazing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom