• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

It was in one of the community choice votes that lost. It'll probably find its way in actually, it wasn't a huge discount though if I recall.

I know, but I really just want to buy Broforce for 10 dollars. For some reason I really jus want to stay in that price range with that game. If it doesn't I might force myself to buy it at the price it is now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Grazing over Bandai Namco's uk twitter I saw them tweeting stuff about witcher 3 which I thought was weird since WB is publishing it. NOPE.

Turns out there is like 6 publishers for this game, not the thread for this but can anyone tell me why?

- CDPR is funding the game internally (USD$15m, probably a little higher now due to the delay) and handling distribution in Eastern Europe
- Scamco and WB are distributing the game in the rest of PAL Land and North America respectively, and covering marketing costs (USD$25m in total)

I'm not sure where South America and Asia fit into this. I wouldn't be surprised if WB is also handling the former and Scamco the latter.

Those Deep Roads tho.

Definitely not saying it's a perfect game, but wading through the deep roads and the fade are well worth it for the whole of the experience. Some of the best storytelling and character building I've ever seen in a game, and perhaps given how Bioware's star has fallen, the best we'll see for a while.

Turfster

Definitely not saying it's a perfect game, but wading through the deep roads and the fade are well worth it for the whole of the experience. Some of the best storytelling and character building I've ever seen in a game, and perhaps given how Bioware's star has fallen, the best we'll see for a while.
Speaking of best storytelling and character building, everyone do yourself a favor and pick up Planescape:Torment in the GOG sale if you don't have it already.

mrgone

i6Fc0nl8XaSv3.gif

I've been getting a lot of use out of this gif lately.

The fun thing is, if you've got the page up, you can see who's trying to lowball in the activity feed :)

kiri

Just bought Gone Home. This is on top of the Serious Sam Collection and Marlow Briggs yesterday.

I wonder what the total damage will be come June 30th....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love everything in dragon age origins including the fade part

Come at me bros, I got nothing to lose!

Card Boy

Banned
I get how Steam trading works on my end when i want a game and have done it heaps of times but what do the russian sellers get out of the TF2 keys? Are they whales and use them on the game itself? Whats the deal exactly?

Turfster

On the buy order page in the recent activity section. It shows the items put up, sold, or buy orders made while you've been there.

Oh. Don't have that for the stuff I'm trying to get, which is more... niche and probably won't move for a few days.
I see what you mean looking at the summer cards, tho.
I don't know how much of a good idea it is to list "hey this dude bought this object from that dude" tho.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I get how Steam trading works on my end when i want a game and have done it heaps of times but what do the russian sellers get out of the TF2 keys? Are they whales and use them on the game itself? Whats the deal exactly?

They typically sell the keys on the Steam market to make a profit.

Buy game for $1 worth of rubles, trade it for 1 TF2 key, sell TF2 key on Steam market for $2. In that scenario, they just doubled their money.

Ventara

Btw, I can't help but notice Red is winning again today. What happened to the whole let's-rig-this-so-that-everyone-wins-kumbaya plan that reddit had going?

Jawmuncher

Is has VA for the main character and doesn't include the Fade. Other than that, i literally can't think of anything 2 has over Origins. Maybe some better party eye candy?

I thought the party members were more memorable in DA2. Though none of them match Morrigan in DA1 of course.

Salsa

They typically sell the keys on the Steam market to make a profit.

Buy game for $1 worth of rubles, trade it for 1 TF2 key, sell TF2 key on Steam market for $2. In that scenario, they just doubled their money.

what's funny is that most traders have like 50 games on their account

it's just a bizness

- CDPR is funding the game internally (USD$15m, probably a little higher now due to the delay) and handling distribution in Eastern Europe
- Scamco and WB are distributing the game in the rest of PAL Land and North America respectively, and covering marketing costs (USD$25m in total)

I'm not sure where South America and Asia fit into this. I wouldn't be surprised if WB is also handling the former and Scamco the latter.

South America usually just imports US versions.

mrgone

Oh. Don't have that for the stuff I'm trying to get, which is more... niche and probably won't move for a few days.
I see what you mean looking at the summer cards, tho.
I don't know how much of a good idea it is to list "hey this dude bought this object from that dude" tho.

Take a look at one of the busier cards, like something from CS:GO

"ALWAYSWANNASUCKDICK listed this item for sale for $0.11"

I think you're right

derExperte

Don't know if I like the new market interface.

Price Quantity
0,19€ 4
0,20€ 1
0,21€ 3
0,24€ 1
0,25€ 1
0,26€ or more 15

Nice but what if I want to see all the items above 0,26€? Maybe there's a bunch for 0,36 and I want to place mine at 0,34? Inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom