• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Sales have been shit for a while now.

I remember the time when Indie Packs used to be on sale, found so many quirky, weird games I would never otherwise buy.

I remember when good Publisher deals were the norm.

/sigh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alice is fucking awesome, except for the part where its 20 hours when it should be 10. But still, dat hair!

It makes great sniping ammo tho, because I love it

Sales have been shit for a while now.

I remember the time when Indie Packs used to be on sale, found so many quirky, weird games I would never otherwise buy.

I remember when good Publisher deals were the norm.

/sigh

this is what i was bitching about yesterday. all good publishers have now hit the bottom at $5 at most

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a card I can add.....thought I could use PP

Wait, you want SoTS: The Pit? Well, you might be in luck.

Alice is fucking awesome, except for the part where its 20 hours when it should be 10. But still, dat hair!

It makes great sniping ammo tho, because I love it

7mkN6gU.gif

Thank you!

AngerdX

Meh, tried to do my first giveaway but seems i messed up on the second key entry, so will have to redo it later, can you unregister it from ModBot or should i just wait and redo it later?

I hate that i can´t buy anything from steam from work, price you pay for living in one country but working in another i guess. :/

Zia

The CK2 collection is worth buying for the additional expansions, but I don't think it includes The Old Gods, does it? That's the best DLC, in my opinion.

Or Sons of Abraham. Which is my second favorite. Hopefully the individual DLC will go on sale if CKII becomes a daily, but keeping with how disappointing franchise and DLC sales have been this year, probably not.

MTE

So, I can now craft the sale badge. Do I? I'm on the blue team, currently third. To maximise my chances, as this is likely the only one I'll craft, should I hold off?

The_Monk

7mkN6gU.gif

Thank you!

LOl, I was waiting for that smile to explode and I was like:

6iPR8d9.gif

Either way I can't wait to share my thoughts later on on Valiant Hearts, I think it's going to be a "I loved it/I hated" kind of opinion on the game. It will depend how much you let sink yourself when playing something.

I really want to enjoy it, but I can never truly get into it. I would buy Europa Universalis as well if I knew wtf I was doing. :(

I had no idea what the fuck to do in Crusader Kings 2 either. Gave up on it after 5 or so hours.

I bought Europa Universalis though and that clicked with me instantly after playing through the in-game tutorials. The game is much easier to understand, better interface IMO all the while retaining the complexity of a classic Paradox strategy game.

Civ 5 for grown ups.

EDIT: I've already spent about 115 dollars in the sale but after watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDaYWfqJD3g I have decide that I must buy Divinity OS no matter the cost.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Just bought Alice, and the first two Batman GOTY editions. I was sitting on the Batman ones all week and finally just said screw it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, I can now craft the sale badge. Do I? I'm on the blue team, currently third. To maximise my chances, as this is likely the only one I'll craft, should I hold off?

I mean, it's not like it's going to make much of a difference either way. Red team will always be in first unless Valve intervenes again. It would probably be the safest bet to craft it today since blue is probably going to come in third, though it might to better tomorrow; the second option is more risky though.

Guys how legit is this? (Don´t click)

A friend linked me this and he says he makes points for the clicks he gets but I doubt it is legit. Since you guys know more than me on the sales and steam sites might as well ask.

Nito pls.

Nbz

Still waiting on a discount for Strider. Would have been 40% off if people voted that category in community choice. Anyone think it will make the daily deal?

Diedac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Day One Garry's Incident -- MB-DC86BA8CB381D9CB - Taken by Dipper145. 7 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-005B71B495A5CBB0 - Taken by Cydonian__Knight. 2 entrants total.

t1403833279z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Won a game through Indie Gala from ModBot (Thanks Leila!) and noticed I HAVE HELLA UNUSED INDIEGALA KEYS.

So here's the first bunch. I have two copies of all of these games, there's a very small chance that I used the key that was submitted here. If that's the case, every one of these will fail but PM me if you win and I'll give you the right key from the other set.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-38927605DAEF40FC
Shadows Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-6B7DAB22DDC21A87
Velvet Assassin -- MB-BDA2374000C438B4
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-3B51D2AD4F349575 - Taken by fade_
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-66359BD85AA2EB38 - Taken by kevin1025
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-E08B729916E56070
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-D751223B8FD7D50D
Millennium - A New Hope -- MB-839D4DA1B1A1DA00
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-2285964FDE00CCE2
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-BBB64F2E49063415
Two Brothers -- MB-81B5148E9EB6011B

t1403843129z1.png

Sajjaja

Is there any way to set a custom resolution in DMC4? My native is 1360x768 but I don't see it in the options.

EDIT: Nvm....it some how magically appeared somehow even though it's not in the selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom