• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Valve is fully trolling with these community vote selections. There's no way that the open world group won't win.

well there is a way.... if everyone looks at them and stops caring what they want and just goes... F YOU VALVE... I am not voting for the one with all of the games with huge marketing budgets I will vote for the unknown ones instead like I did...

but yeah... open world is going to dominate the votes.... I wouldn't be surprised if it won by over 85% of the votes.

Diedac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-477CC20247E5B2CD
Fortix 2 -- MB-DB9677286FFECC30 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious. 3 entrants total.

t1403832087z1.png

SmithnCo

Sci-Fi - RTS

-SupCom -80%
-Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion -80%
-Planetary Annihilation -66%
-Creeper World 3 -80%

Open World - Story Rich

-Skyrim -75%
-Amularr -75%
-L.A. Noir -75%
-Sleeping Dogs -75%

edit:beaten

Open world will win despite the games having already been on sale. Not even fair, lol.

Soroc

Alice is such a great game. Been looking to buy Crusader Kings 2, if I do, does anyone know if the complete collection is worth it? Or just the base game?

It's one of my favorite games. Super fun, with or without friends. Good humor, good character, fun gameplay. Try getting the GOTY edition, the DLC is pretty great

Awesome thanks for the feedback, gonna pull the trigger on that and blood dragon!

Kadin

I think the BL2 GOTY is definitely worth the extra $3.40 compared to just the main game. The dlc wasn't terribly good but it's definitely $3.40 good.

onionfrog

Okay, everybody, please. Listen up.

You all need to come to terms with it right now.

Skyrim is winning this shit. I don't care how much you thing Supreme Commander is the best thing ever, or if you missed the Planetary Annihilation sale on day one. It doesn't matter.

Skyrim is winning this. Get your gifs ready now if you have to.
I wouldn't be surprised. But good god, what is with all these fucking repeats!
That open world community vote is all games that have already been on sale during the summer sale! ;_;

When's double dragon neon?
When's strider?
When's ikaruga!?

ModBot said:
Instructions for smashdude50:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gianna Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-4ACEE26A3BE25A97 - Taken by thecharrr. 5 entrants total.
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-2FBAC615F57617A8

t1403831852z1.png

My first giveaway!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Skyrim is winning this shit. I don't care how much you thing Supreme Commander is the best thing ever, or if you missed the Planetary Annihilation sale on day one. It doesn't matter.
Well the real question is whether the Legendary Edition will be 75% off as well, or at least the DLCs. Dragonborn & Dawnguard is what I'm after.

Turfster

What does the gold version include? I can't really tell from descriptions on both sites.

Steam store said:
To celebrate the success of the series, we’re releasing this Gold edition, which not only gives you the game, the expansion, and all the free content we added along the way, but we’re adding three new playable characters – The Hiver Warrior, the Liir Seeker, and the Morrigi Striker! Now you can test yourself against The Pit using all the major races from the Sword of the Stars universe!
I don't have it myself, so I don't know more

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well the real question is whether the Legendary Edition will be 75% off as well, or at least the DLCs. Dragonborn & Dawnguard is what I'm after.

It was already on sale, I didn't pay attention because I have it already but I'm pretty sure there were people annoyed about the legendary edition pricing. It might have just been that the DLC alone wasn't discounted as much as the whole package, though.

Stage On

Erg another case of Dlc not getting further discounted when the main game gets a flash sale with Crusader kinds 2. I really wish they'd stop doing that.

derExperte

Okay, Alice is cheap enough to get in on Steam after yeaaaaars of keeping the base price way too high in Europe.

ElQmePT.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Skyrim is going to win, but I voted for the rts choice anyway. Just had to load up one choice with a bunch of AAA games, didn't you, Valve.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It was already on sale, I didn't pay attention because I have it already but I'm pretty sure there were people annoyed about the legendary edition pricing. It might have just been that the DLC alone wasn't discounted as much as the whole package, though.
It was 66% off and yeah the DLC itself was only like 25% off or something because Bethesda hates people who support them at launch and wants them all to stop that habit.
Ironic comment from me since I won Skyrim in a GMG contest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Strike Vector was 50% on the weekend deal before the sale

nelson-ha-ha-o.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm not a huge sim/strategy guy but I've played a good amount of Civ V. Is it super complicated to learn?

You can finish an entire campaign of Civ 5 before you start to understand CK2. You can have a decent amount of fun (very possibly more fun) while you have no idea what you're doing though. The games aren't really similar other than the fact that you're looking at a map. When you're learning, it's a struggle to keep even one county in order in CK2, where you can take over continents just by fumbling through Civilization.

Hmm, Blood Dragon is 75% off, but the other Far Cry games are still only 40% off. The whole series usually goes on sale when Far Cry 3 does, wonder why it's different for Blood Dragon.

Vlad

Ended up voting Sci-fi. Creeper World looks interesting.

This will mean open world will win, again.

I really enjoyed the first two Creeper World games, and am probably going to pick up 3 on the last day if it doesn't get a better deal, but it would be nice to see it get the votes.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Alrighty, I'll buy the collection. Just going to download the demo again and give another run through to make sure I want it
The CK2 collection is worth buying for the additional expansions, but I don't think it includes The Old Gods, does it? That's the best DLC, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom