• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, this isn't really worth a topic but I can't find an answer.

I'm having trouble with the resolution of some games. Not every game, just some games.

The problem is that when I run in 1080p, the game top-left most part of the screen is all I see, and the rest is cut off.

I can usually fix this by running in 720p, but I shouldn't have to do that I would think. PC games run in every resolution available in the game. It's clearly a problem specific to me.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with Start8. I'm running in 1080p on a TV.

Any ideas?

I have the same issue except for me when I launch certain game it auto minimizes on start up. I click on it, screen goes black for a few seconds then minimizes again. It's driving me insane.

Only fix I got is changing you desktop resolution, launching, chaning game resolution, close, change back desktop resolution, lainch game again. That or sometimes I force windowed mode via steam. It's very annoying and I have no idea why it happens

Jadax

Okay, I need to know about SRIV. Is it really that awesome? I have bought a ton of games this week but I could maybe see it jumping up my backlog. I played SR and thought it was okay. Haven't playe 2 or 3, is that a problem?

I didn't enjoy it at all. Up till now the SR series has been good, 'realistic' and a very nice experience. SRIV became a weird combination of superpowers, aliens and stupid story.

I have friends who enjoyed it.

JackBauerCTU225

Neo Member
Yeah, I played through the 360 version already and the DLC, loved everything about the game. Been eyeing it since it came to Steam. Ill get it at $4.99 if it doesn't hit a daily or flash, but I'm in no rush. Do want to play it again though, see what the PC version is like.

Pretty much both Ill defiantly play it again. Im also tempted to get RE4 I miss that game

rrs

Okay, I need to know about SRIV. Is it really that awesome? I have bought a ton of games this week but I could maybe see it jumping up my backlog. I played SR and thought it was okay. Haven't playe 2 or 3, is that a problem?

It's the best of the series, but it quite a bunch of references to the earlier games. If you can, play 2 then 3 before 4

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Day 2 of waiting for The Last Door to go on sale for $2.50. Hope is still high since there's three days left of the sale. Ikaruga joins it now, bringing the trio of the two missing deals along with Broken Age to new levels of salt.

Saint's Row 3 graduated the Saint's Row series from "GTA knockoff" to its own thing, and Saint's Row 4 continues that tradition. The series became more surreal and wacky, and it's a big part of why Saint's Row is now awesome.

Has anyone played Endless Space? What are your thoughts on it?

Super-sleek UI, really amazing presentation and production values. The combat is sort of weird, but it is still a competent 4X (though it is still no match for Master of Orion 2).

I like it and recommend it.

Gaz_RB

Should I buy Gnomoria or just try to figure out how the hell to understand DF?

Gnomoria is only like 4 bucks right now...

JakeD

Day 2 of waiting for The Last Door to go on sale for $2.50. Hope is still high since there's three days left of the sale. Ikaruga joins it now, bringing the trio of the two missing deals along with Broken Age to new levels of salt.

Those 3, plus Teslagrad and goodbye deponia are the only things left I'm waiting for. The odds of them all getting flash deals is dropping every day

Necrovex

After reading Europa is like Total War, but without the battles, I had to buy it. My favorite parts of the Rome Total War I was the macro stuff.

Now I also own RE6. So I have to start on that when I get back from my vacation.

Half Minute Hero too (and Half Minute Hero 2)...
Deponia 3 too.

I wonder. Is there a list of all the community choices and flash deals? Maybe I will make a list to see what still didnt show up after losing.

For you paradox fans, I'm wondering. What would be a better choice. Europa Universalis IV + Base Crusader Kings II, or just the CK2 collection? I'm interested in both but I dont know how much the dlc adds to CK

Jawmuncher

Recommendations for RE6? I approve.

Anyway played some SteamWorld Dig. Pretty fun seems like a laid back sort of game that i'll be playing on and off again.

rtcn63

claptrap deserves an emmy that shit is better than anything larry david ever did

tumblr_md7nlrmi321rkghduo1_400.gif

Here's a quick giveaway to express a lil' bit of my love for all them peeps who giveaway games like the bunch of awesome people they are.

Cheers, mates!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (OrlanisWorks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

They Bleed Pixels -- MB-B8E8FBD0A08C7DA5 - Taken by tav7623. 22 entrants total.

t1403834837z1.png

Fularu

Banned
I have a hard time believing team red can win 3 days in a row /conspiracy theories

Not much to buy lately for me, I have much of the interesting stuff :(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
For you paradox fans, I'm wondering. What would be a better choice. Europa Universalis IV + Base Crusader Kings II, or just the CK2 collection? I'm interested in both but I dont know how much the dlc adds to CK

the CK2 DLC adds a ton, imo

Almost all of the major expacs add new ruling styles which lead to fairly different playthroughs. Some concentrate more on the religious aspect of the era and its confrontations, others moreso on purely analyzing the culture of areas. The Viking DLC alone adds two wholly different playstyles - turtling for one of the government types while the other prefers aggressive expansion. The Merchant one has expanded overseas and trading concepts which lets you live life slightly more peacefully as a trading empire.

EUIV is pretty fucking expansive on its own though so I don't know. Buy them all.

Scored the Bioshock Triple Pack for 3 TF2 keys. I think my sale purchases are complete.

Feels good - bought a good mix of DLC and major games for roughly $60 (plus $15 in previous store credit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom