• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, don't know if I should get CK2 or Banished. Both are apparently really difficult sims, what I've wanted for a while. Only have the money to get one, sadly.

I haven't played Banished but it looks to be an entirely different game to CK2. A lot of the appeal of Paradox strategy games (EU IV, CK2) are the historical aspect of it. The opportunity to start at a certain time in history and alter it as you will.

If that doesn't sound appealing then you might not enjoy CK2.

Jump over the fence, it's totally worth it.

Gonna offer a contrary opinion on Borderlands 2 (or as Turfster and others have been calling it Blands 2, which I feel is a really apt title for it).

The quests are boring and badly designed, the world feels lifeless and is poorly designed, there's too much loot, and the much-lauded writing got tiresome (it was just the same style of joke repeated ad nauseum, which was only moderately funny the first time I heard it).

It got more and more boring as it went on. After 10 hours, I full-on, burning-hot-lava hated it and wished I had never played it.

So conflicted.

I know Why Not Both?, but if I get Far Cry, I can't craft badges for the remaining days.

Do I wake up at 9:30am every morn or do I just craft now and pray?

Gonna offer a contrary opinion on Borderlands 2 (or as Turfster and others have been calling it Blands 2, which I feel is a really apt title for it).

The quests are boring and badly designed, the world feels lifeless and is poorly designed, there's too much loot, and the much-lauded writing got tiresome for me.

It got more and more boring as it went on. After 10 hours, I full-on, burning-hot-lava hated it and wished I had never played it.

Fair enough, I had tons of fun with it on multiple playthroughs, and own it on every console (just bought the PC version a few days ago). I found it great but I get the crticism. It's more fun with friends but I found SP perfectly okay too

I'm on the fence about Alice, the art style looks amazing but from reading reviews it seems the combat gets repetitive, anyone have an opinion on it?

It doea get a bit repetive but I don't think it takes too much away. For the price, I definitely recommend it if you're looking for fun, long 3rd person action platformer

Jeremy

You guys convinced me, I'm getting both.

Getting Alice from our Russian brethren since it's like half of the US price.

Gonna buy Trine 2 (do I need to know what happened in the first?) and that $0.99 game that everyone is raving about that got compared to God of War. What was the name of it?

AngerdX

Here we go had these lying around hopefully someone want them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest Steam Key -- MB-D97A5EDA9BECABD1 - Taken by tiny raptor. 7 entrants total.
Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War Steam Key -- MB-94641F12399EC121 - Taken by Peachblossom. 7 entrants total.

t1403843382z1.png

You guys convinced me, I'm getting both.

Getting Alice from our Russian brethren since it's like half of the US price.

Gonna buy Trine 2 (do I need to know what happened in the first?) and that $0.99 game that everyone is raving about that got compared to God of War. What was the name of it?

Marlow Briggs

Sky Chief

Okay, I need to know about SRIV. Is it really that awesome? I have bought a ton of games this week but I could maybe see it jumping up my backlog. I played SR and thought it was okay. Haven't playe 2 or 3, is that a problem?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm on the fence about Alice, the art style looks amazing but from reading reviews it seems the combat gets repetitive, anyone have an opinion on it?

It's worth it at that price. Some of the levels are pretty awesome looking, and the combat isn't too bad. But it does tend to overstay it's welcome. The game is too long for it's own good.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, this isn't really worth a topic but I can't find an answer.

I'm having trouble with the resolution of some games. Not every game, just some games.

The problem is that when I run in 1080p, the game top-left most part of the screen is all I see, and the rest is cut off.

I can usually fix this by running in 720p, but I shouldn't have to do that I would think. PC games run in every resolution available in the game. It's clearly a problem specific to me.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with Start8. I'm running in 1080p on a TV.

Any ideas?

Ibuki

Banned
Hey guys, this isn't really worth a topic but I can't find an answer.

I'm having trouble with the resolution of some games. Not every game, just some games.

The problem is that when I run in 1080p, the game top-left most part of the screen is all I see, and the rest is cut off.

I can usually fix this by running in 720p, but I shouldn't have to do that I would think. PC games run in every resolution available in the game. It's clearly a problem specific to me.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with Start8. I'm running in 1080p on a TV.

Any ideas?

You might have to adjust your TV settings to match the resolution, try messing with them. For example I have to choose Cinema Zoom 1 for my TV to display my PC correctly, while I have it set to regular 16:9 for my PS3, X1, PS4, ETC.

Morris

Disco Devil
Gifted Trine 2 and was gonna buy one for myself then I realized the 3-pack is the same price as if you buy 2 copies.

~Sigh~

Me to played the crap out of the console version Id give the PC version a go. Ill get it at 4.99 but hoping for a vote or flash as well

Yeah, I played through the 360 version already and the DLC, loved everything about the game. Been eyeing it since it came to Steam. Ill get it at $4.99 if it doesn't hit a daily or flash, but I'm in no rush. Do want to play it again though, see what the PC version is like.

Necrovex

So I may jump on RE6 and Europa IV. The temptations are both quite strong!

How accessible is Europa for someone new to the franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom