• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not after I saw this :(

The game looks really fun, but even after the player bump from the sale it's going to be pretty barren. Lead and Gold all over again.

People are playing the game even on weekdays at night, new and old, at those times it might be only 1 server, but still. It is a loved game, so they come.

There are single player challenges, and ontop of it, half the game, flying, is really enjoyable just in itself.

You can, and should, just fly around and learn how to maneuver clickly on an empty server.

DarkFlow

Banned
I'll be honest, I'm not sure if you're kidding or you're serious here but, if you're serious, that's fine. If my post annoyed you, go ahead and block me from your giveaways.

I know your ban predates the voting, still I thought I'd poke fun at you and I don't regret it.

I like how modbot is used as a revenge tool.

Morris

Disco Devil
Damn KOF13 is the one big surprise of the sale for me, I didn't expect it to be so fricking good. The game kicks ass, and the netcode is also pretty good and legit (once I understood how the lobby system worked).

I hope it'll be a Daily because it really deserves it. So good.

Is it well populated? Was thinking of getting it but if the online is a wasteland like SFIVAE idk...

DogMeat77

DS4Tool. I have Hide DS4 controller checked.

I had similar problems with Dark Souls and DS4. The trick was getting it in exclusive mode which requires having Steam closed before you start up DS4tool. Make sure it is fully closed (along with programs like Skype) and not minimized. Then start up start and launch the game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Something went horribly wrong here.

Capcom 2003 yo.
Wait, this game is on PC?
Pretty cheap at ebay. Runs better than DMC3 at least
10405490_591131631004673_2714547437685745318_n.jpg
10390526_591132211004615_5907167086119853808_n.jpg

DSix

Banned
Is it well populated? Was thinking of getting it but if the online is a wasteland like SFIVAE idk...

I had no issue getting a match every 20 seconds or so in unranked mode. You can use the practice mode inbetween. The trick is to not hesitate to create a lobby for yourself if you don't find one, the spots get taken fast.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Bought goat simulator.

Still don't know if I want borderlands 2. Ugh. Ill probably pass.

Not much for me today apparently.

akira28

Not after I saw this :(

The game looks really fun, but even after the player bump from the sale it's going to be pretty barren. Lead and Gold all over again.

heheh wish I saw this post first, because I just picked it up. But I figure since more people will pull the trigger and see that it's a fun game, that player bump might be more enduring. 150+ stable base of transient players would be worth it. I mean, there are so many games to play out there right now.

I had similar problems with Dark Souls and DS4. The trick was getting it in exclusive mode which requires having Steam closed before you start up DS4tool. Make sure it is fully closed (along with programs like Skype) and not minimized. Then start up start and launch the game.

While trying this out, Steam told me Call of Juarez was still running since yesterday in memory. Really strange, so I just force closed it. Now all is fine.

neoemonk

Ever since I heard about Crusader Kings II on Idle Thumbs I've wanted to pick it up and I think I'm going to on this flash sale. My only question is, should I get it with all the crazy DLC or is the base game fine?

Jadax

Ever since I heard about Crusader Kings II on Idle Thumbs I've wanted to pick it up and I think I'm going to on this flash sale. My only question is, should I get it with all the crazy DLC or is the base game fine?

You will spend countless hours on the base game itself...trust me.

As long as you like the game.

Anteater

See I didn't weep when Broken Age lost, as I'm sure that is still coming as a flash or daily. Those others though, I am starting to lose hope on.

I think some losing games came back, Trine was a game that lost in the community vote and I remember another game too, so maybe they're just a bit late. Although Trine has always been a game on discount every sale..

Jeremy

When I go to check out, Steam says my transaction can not be completed because I have another purchase pending on my account. Where do I access this pending purchase?

Purchased Saints Row IV and the Hey Ash Whatcha Playin' DLC pack. I'm done for this sale except cards/voting.

So many games. I'mma die with a backlog, feels like.

Turfster

... but overall, the Thomas was alone dlc was short-ish.
Still, worth playing through, and at least it was a game with simple enough controls that I could play in my current state =p

So yeah, for those that have the game, you got 20 new levels added to the game, with more story.

Would actually like to see Naruto 3 c'mon around again at $9.99. Hit in the middle of the night last time, hasn't been back since. Be nice to see it again, but will probably get Borderlands 2 and Saints Row 4 about 14 more times.

Turfster

I didn't realize it was out already. I don't remember the original game being very difficult. Does the DLC have an interesting story/presentation?

Well, I'm currently rather... limited to one hand, so that might have something to do with it ;)
Story and presentation wise, it keeps up the standards of the base game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ya wanna know the name?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-0D8CA1E0BE31C491 - Taken by KevMan1815

t1403845964z1.png

zeQfME8.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Am i crazy, or is it cheaper to buy Saints Row 3 full package even if you already own the game than it is to buy all the dlc passes and such? Seems like the case. I got the game for free and have been enjoying it a lot so i wanna get everything.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Am i crazy, or is it cheaper to buy Saints Row 3 full package even if you already own the game than it is to buy all the dlc passes and such? Seems like the case. I got the game for free and have been enjoying it a lot so i wanna get everything.

this happens pretty often

it was cheaper for me to buy the GOTY edition of New Vegas during one sale than it was to just buy the DLCs

zkylon

zkylewd
PCSX2 with widescreen hack.

You´re welcome.
I've only played Chaos Legion back when it released when I was younger and I remember loving it. You should give it a try!
yea problem is that persona 4 and the shadow hearts series are much higher on my ps2 list

if i get those three games out of the way i'll make soom room for something new, maybe.

also woot at dead state update, that game feels forever away

Someone is learning from Bethesda's handling of Skyrim?

I'm afraid for the future.

The DLCs for SR3 are not really all that great, F.Y.I. You'll probably finish them in an hour or two and then wonder why Volition even bothered making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom