• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadfast

is any other call of juarez any good? really loving Gunslinger right now.

Bound in Blood is pretty good. The other two (Call of Juarez and The Cartel) aren't so great. Very little in common with Gunslinger, though. It doesn't have the quirky narrative to go with it, but you get to switch between the two brothers which is pretty interesting.

kevin1025

Banned
Of course it's now that Goat Simulator goes on sale, when I have $1.24. The real kicker is I'll have more funds after it goes back up in price :( STEARN SALE!!!!

saunderez

Finally back from my 2 week ban, can't believe all the give-aways I missed. Have been keeping up with the thread and crafting away for Team Green (for what's good it's worth). I will have a few more games of my own to give away shortly, just need to figure out what I already own.

Finished the Cold, Cold Heart DLC for Batman Arkham Origins. It's pretty good. It's a little longer than Harley Quinn's Revenge, but it's much better due to very little backtracking, the good encounter setups, and the better story (Yeah, it's basically Arkhamized "Heart of Ice," but I didn't mind seeing its elements again). Well worth the $2.49 it's at now.

Caerith

I've yet to give Risen a fair shake as I just can't look past the fact you have to manually sheath your weapon before interacting with objects. I don't know why that annoys me so much, and I wish it didn't, but it does.

The combat in Risen is just terrible all around, but if you join the mages and max out your fireball you can pretty much skip it.

The dialogue (especially while pickpocketing) is pretty great though.

Shadownet

Banned
The others are very different... and not very good.

Thanks for Titan Quest, AngerdX!!

Bound in Blood is pretty good. The other two (Call of Juarez and The Cartel) aren't so great. Very little in common with Gunslinger, though. It doesn't have the quirky narrative to go with it, but you get to switch between the two brothers which is pretty interesting.

The first two are very different, but fun in their own way. They're slower paced with a more serious story. Cartel is total garbage though.

So only Bound in Blood is worth a buy?

------------------------------------------------------

Also I just won an M&Ms mastercard. I'm already locked out of marketplace until Tuesday (tried to enter my debit card earlier)

Should I might as well use the mastercard? or wait till I'm off restriction? I'm thinking use it now since I'm already restricted, there's nothing else they can do to me right?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So what's everyone using their M&M's money on now? Amazon stuff I'd imagine?

Really would like to know if anyone's had any success in the past couple of days with just using the prepaid card to buy something directly from their cart on Steam rather than using it to fund their wallet (market lockout and all).

Mono

Really would like to know if anyone's had any success in the past couple of days with just using the prepaid card to buy something directly from their cart on Steam rather than using it to fund their wallet (market lockout and all).

I don't really care about being locked out of the market, so I've just used them on Steam. Hopefully I don't find any foils while I'm banned, though.

With ModBot, war has changed. (Also add me on steam please, http://steamcommunity.com/id/PicklesSpill)
ModBot said:
Instructions for Pickles Spill:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout 3 Game of the Year -- MB-3F53B696EE917EF7 - Taken by nhlducks35. 14 entrants total.

t1403846275z1.png

steadfast

So only Bound in Blood is worth a buy?

------------------------------------------------------

Also I just won an M&Ms mastercard. I'm already locked out of marketplace until Tuesday (tried to enter my debit card earlier)

Should I might as well use the mastercard? or wait till I'm off restriction? I'm thinking use it now since I'm already restricted, there's nothing else they can do to me right?

If you're craving more cowboy style games, yeah, Bound in Blood is good enough and can be had for under $5 several times a year. Check out the demo to get a feel for it http://store.steampowered.com/app/21980/

gsrjedi

This is what I've done the two times I've won. Just bought games under $6 and have yet to be locked out of the market. A friend won today and bought a game for $5 and was able to use the remaining dollar on an Amazon gift card

Turfster

You were okay spending money on Goat Simulator, but didn't feel Borderlands 2 was worth it?

Blands isn't very good, tho.
I mean, I'm sure there's people that like it, but as a single player experience, it's like playing a really bad MMO with samey drops and the same 5 enemies that just become greater and greater bullet sponges, and the story just isn't interesting enough.

The title of that page sounds like some kind of punishment.

"You wanted to eat sprouts with ox tongue and ice cream. Your mom made sprouts with ox tongue and ice cream. Now eat it!"

Caerith

This is what I've done the two times I've won. Just bought games under $6 and have yet to be locked out of the market. A friend won today and bought a game for $5 and was able to use the remaining dollar on an Amazon gift card

So the lockout is only triggered by adding funds to the wallet, not by buying directly?

Holy crap you aren't going to believe this...

I never got into this whole Steam market thing because really I don't care about it at all - but Steam keeps finding ways to get people to have to go through it so I checked it out and out of curiosity put a TF2 hat up for sale (I don't care about the hats and haven't played in a while).

Someone bought it. For $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom