• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Why did I just skim some pretty badly written erotic fan fiction? Just block it Kiro, like that thing that happened in Akibahara six years ago. We don't think about such events. We don't care to remember.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I wanna get LA Noire and Sleeping Dogs so bad. But I can't justify paying over $5 for the GoTY edition when I already beat the crap out of it on PS3. But :( those prices, so hard to decide.

assuming you mean Sleeping Dogs from the $5 thing as LA Noire is $5.09 with all DLC.

LA Noire is easily one of the most memorable experiences from last gen. The very ending was laughably bad... but the entire game/story up to that ending was so good that it doesn't matter in the least. Episodic DLC ranged from "meh" to "wow, not bad actually"

Beat every case on PS3. Twice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
An unexpected error has occured. gonna try the proper 5 dollar option. maybe it's actually steam and not Enhanced, but im' using the custom amount feature

Yep, that's just plain ol' Steam. Enhanced Steam just adds the particular amount to your "cart", Steam handles the remainder of the transaction themselves.

Shadownet

Banned
sleeping dogs is best played on the PC. High Res textures, more graphic options, and it's a billion times better than LA Noire, which has an E in it for no reason and no dogs that sleep.

also, what the fuck is that^^^

Surprisingly I enjoyed LA Noire as well. Its a very well done detective interrogation game.

I beat Sleeping Dogs main campaign and Zodiac Tournament. The only story DLC is that zombie one. But can't justify $8 right now for just 1 DLC. Probably will wait till Winter for closer to $5.

BruteUA

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-44507F884285F2C2 - Taken by CassSept. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-4C8E4607E7ABD29D - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 27 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-3F72A097D5E204D5 - Taken by Teppic. 14 entrants total.

So what was what guys?

so, who won what from out mystery raffle?

*EDIT dat synchronization
Scary.

iosefe

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-44507F884285F2C2 - Taken by CassSept. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-4C8E4607E7ABD29D - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 27 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-3F72A097D5E204D5 - Taken by Teppic. 14 entrants total.

so, who won what from out mystery raffle?

*EDIT dat synchronization

Shantom

I beat Sleeping Dogs main campaign and Zodiac Tournament. The only story DLC is that zombie one. But can't justify $8 right now for just 1 DLC. Probably will wait till Winter for closer to $5.
Year of the Snake is also a story DLC, and it's the best one from what I've played.

Shadownet

Banned
assuming you mean Sleeping Dogs from the $5 thing as LA Noire is $5.09 with all DLC.

LA Noire is easily one of the most memorable experiences from last gen. The very ending was laughably bad... but the entire game/story up to that ending was so good that it doesn't matter in the least. Episodic DLC ranged from "meh" to "wow, not bad actually"

Beat every case on PS3. Twice.

Yeah I beat both on PS3 fully. So I'm finding hard to justify buying it again.

I'm the kind of guy that unless there's something I still havent play. I wouldn't wanna spend too much on it.

I bought Dishonored though cause I never play the DLC or finish the game.

Chariot

I knew it! I just play Prison Architect a bit and I miss a mystery raffle AND an controverse post? Man, playing games sucks. :/

rtcn63

What was this post about? Didn't get to read it

It was a intended to be an epic of eros proportions, involving Vaudevillian stereotypes on a summer country side, and the use of steam pipes for actions that weren't at all gaming related. It kind of lost me in the third paragraph, when the tentacled ghost ascended from the cracks in the pavement asking for crumpets.

Turfster

Strangely enough, I don't is this a recommendation or just a 29 cents, why not kind of thing?

It's pretty good for the price, and I managed to flip its cards for like 0.4€ a few days ago. Dunno if that's still an option.
Edit: looks like you should at least be able to cover the game's cost, still.

Chariot

It was a intended to be an epic of eros proportions, involving Vaudevillian stereotypes on a summer country side, and the use of the steam pipes for actions that weren't at all gaming related. It kind of lost me in the third paragraph, when the tentacle ghost ascended from the cracks in the pavement.
That sounds funny :(
Nobody saved that thing? I love bad fanfics.
Follow my golden rule. Pause and check every 10 mins. Never miss anything on GAF :p
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I should do this.
i missed it all too playing kerbal.
seems my kerbals weren't the only things crashing at that time
Such misfortune :(

So since I'm still broker than I'd like to be I decided that I would repeat my strategy for last sale this sale and I'd trade tf2 keys for games. It's been massively succesful imo (judging by the total amount saved i've been keeping track of) but I'm starting to get sort of worried about consequences. I've previously traded but it's been like one game here or there as opposed to trading for virtually everything - what's the worst that could happen? I haven't vpned or anything and all of my keys have been market bought.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
woot! contributed 10 points to blue today and we are FINALLY going to qualify for free games again. woohoo!!!

edit - actually I should say I contributed YESTERDAY after the new day rolled over. Totally paid off.

Halo 2

Banned
Guess I already had it...oops

ModBot said:
Instructions for Halo 2:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-BDA022BA372A41B1 - Taken by SniperHunter

t1403884734z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom