• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibiru

Banned
Happening intensifies here!

tumblr_maeqlvKEy51qcr6iqo1_500.jpg

BibiMaghoo

I got to ask, When I sell an emoticon its usually 1 penny. When I look at the graph someone pays like 20$ for a .01 item. I see this all the time. What is going on?

When it brings up the previously sold graph it starts from the beginning on 'lifetime'. If you change it to 'this week' you won't see that, because you are seeing the crazy start prices when an item came out.

ty, still not sure :(

Buy it now.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The ending pissed me off. SO. FUCKING. MUCH. I was mad for a good few days after I beat the game the first time. It really was good before you get to that point though. Worth the play through imo regardless. Especially, for all the crazy cars. One of my most memorable images of the game though, is of all the cranes. Clearly, there's a lot of reference to Heavy Rain.
That's probably what they were trying to do with the ending though.

the actual events of the ending weren't bad.. it was just carried off so unintentionally comical that it kind of ruined it. the video game equivalent of

vader.jpg

Jawmuncher

When it brings up the previously sold graph it starts from the beginning on 'lifetime'. If you change it to 'this week' you won't see that, because you are seeing the crazy start prices when an item came out.

It's also how people will give cash on Steam.
Friend puts item up at certain price, other friend pays.

Sarcasm

I wanted to craft a badge look it up and realized how pointless and eating it is. Still kind of want to.

Definitely want to do Lltq. Also thinking about legend of dungeon and teleglitch.

How do you get the different level of same badge?

Yrael

I wanted to craft a badge look it up and realized how pointless and eating it is. Still kind of want to.

Definitely want to do Lltq. Also thinking about legend of dungeon and teleglitch.

How do you get the different level of same badge?

Collect all the cards and craft it again to go up a level.

Vlad

You can thank Notch for not wanting to release his game on a closed platform like Steam.

I really don't blame him for not bothering, though. If there's any game that's doing just fine without being on Steam, it's Minecraft.

Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick...

Well, I'll try the multiplayer, surely it isn't as ba--

Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick...

Valve's multiplayer community, ya'll. CS:GO can be just as bad, but at least there's casual for being able to "dick around"/suck in. If you do something even wrong (or don't even have a mic) expect to be kicked from L4D2 in seconds.

Payday 2 is similar. Too many bads thinking it's their way or the highway for the co-op

I just want Senpai to notice me. :(

Ugh, good to know it wasn't just me. I guess I expected a game like that to be a little more relaxed in how people approach it, but nope, every time I tried playing either of the L4D games, I ended up in a server full of the super-serious types. Stand in the "wrong" corner of the room? Kick. Miss a single jump as one of those leaping zombies? Kick. While I understand the need to kick people who are deliberately messing things up, the small team sizes just made it too easy to kick people for whatever reason.

Seaklng

Banned
No idea if it'll make a difference, but most Russian traders are wanting 2 tf2 keys for a vanilla copy, so you can save like 50 cents haha.

oh mannn. that's a hard bargain to pass up... but I only have $5 so I figured I'd save it for another game. I've played Skyrim more than I'd like to admit and started idk how many characters.. I CANNOT handle that beginning scene ANY MORE. lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I got to ask, When I sell an emoticon its usually 1 penny. When I look at the graph someone pays like 20$ for a .01 item. I see this all the time. What is going on?

It's money laundering between multiple accounts, but it will no longer be possible with the buy order system.

dani_dc

Here's a copy of Long Live the Queen for anyone interested in the game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for dani_dc:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-2E8EF400445806AA - Taken by Leg-End. 40 entrants total.

t1403885638z1.png

I almost made a new thread, but I thought asking here might be better. I've fairly recently got back into PC gaming and pretty much missed all of last gen. I started Papo & Yo and, well, at first I didn't like it but it's growing on me. Anyway, I'm looking for more 3D (non first-person) games that have feels, a strong art style, and an atmosphere that pulls you in. Kind of like Ico though not necessarily the same genre. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for exactly but all suggestions are welcome. I already picked up Brothers, btw.

Jadax

Guys, I'm checking AssFlag on other sites, and some have it listed as AssFlag Special Edition (here). Which pack on steam has all those features?

_hekk05

Banned
Ugh, good to know it wasn't just me. I guess I expected a game like that to be a little more relaxed in how people approach it, but nope, every time I tried playing either of the L4D games, I ended up in a server full of the super-serious types. Stand in the "wrong" corner of the room? Kick. Miss a single jump as one of those leaping zombies? Kick. While I understand the need to kick people who are deliberately messing things up, the small team sizes just made it too easy to kick people for whatever reason.

Which is why I only play with friends. Tank survival is hilarious as shit

BibiMaghoo

It's money laundering between multiple accounts, but it will no longer be possible with the buy order system.

So that is being rolled out across everything? That kind of sucks, the old way allowed you to look through CS:GO guns of the same price and buy the ones with the stickers you wanted already on them. That will be impossible now.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Nah. I tried on 360 a few times but couldn't get into it. Maybe 60fps will convert me

Oh man. Bump your u_grids to 7 (if you have a decent system), download the high-res patches, get sky_UI, and it's a blast. I'm on my second run so I got all sorts of overhauls on it like tend0 and Frostfall, but the base game is really good with the high res patches. Maybe grab a water gfx patch and a grass gfx patch from nexus, but for the most part the game is good out of the box.

The only must-have mod is sky_UI. The original inventory system is some kind of Kafkaesque nightmare.

Lomax

I almost made a new thread, but I thought asking here might be better. I've fairly recently got back into PC gaming and pretty much missed all of last gen. I started Papo & Yo and, well, at first I didn't like it but it's growing on me. Anyway, I'm looking for more 3D (non first-person) games that have feels, a strong art style, and an atmosphere that pulls you in. Kind of like Ico though not necessarily the same genre. I'm not even sure what I'm looking for exactly but all suggestions are welcome. I already picked up Brothers, btw.

You basically named both the options. Though if you got feels from Commando, Marlow Briggs might actually fit your needs.

Seaklng

Banned
the actual events of the ending weren't bad.. it was just carried off so unintentionally comical that it kind of ruined it. the video game equivalent of

vader.jpg

Exactly. I thought the same thing lol
It also just made me mad though.
PHELPS, YOU DUMBASS. YOU COULD HAVE MADE IT AND THINGS COULD HAVE BEEN OK.

edit: I've got errands to do. bbl, cuties. <3

So that is being rolled out across everything? That kind of sucks, the old way allowed you to look through CS:GO guns of the same price and buy the ones with the stickers you wanted already on them. That will be impossible now.

I believe the new system only rolls out to commodities, i.e. items that are only the same. If they're special, or unique in some way, it'll be the old list so you can browse the differences.

adburns

Bastion

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-6A567B22C16BF8A2 - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 2 entrants total.

t1403885945z1.png

When is the last day of new sales? It says it goes through the 30th -- that means today and tomorrow are pretty much the last days with community/flash and as of the store update on the 29th it should be encore until update on 6/30, right?

milena87

I wasn't a big fan of Kotr 2. I loved the first one it but the sequel was average imo. Don't get me wrong it was decent but not amazing like the first.

Eh, I have the exact opposite opinion. I always preferred KotOR2 to KotOR1. Yes, even the vanilla version of KotOR2. KotOR1 was good, KotOR2 blew my mind.

I loved the characters (especially Kreia), I loved what Obsidian did with the world, I loved the villains, the fact that you can turn your companions into Jedi and influence them to the Dark/Light path.

I kinda hate Lucasarts for not allowing Obsidian to finish this, tbh.

Mokoi

Banned
Alright I'm giving away some of the best shooters. One of these is the Metro Redux Bundle. I repeat one of these is the Metro Redux bundle. Good luck

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Long Live The Queen #2 -- MB-E0049FFBE8260402 - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 14 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen #3 -- MB-3ECA8B9352C2CB5E - Taken by sabanoo. 19 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen -- MB-644CA015A6C9832F - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 16 entrants total.

t1403885891z1.png

Lazulic

Well, Dani beat me to it, but might as well.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-C52C81EA8D674841 - Taken by JakkuFurosu. 24 entrants total.

t1403885857z1.png

dot

I just woke up and there is an animu game as a flash deal? Is this real life? Gotta go through 40 missed pages now and apparently i missed some kind of nsfw fanfic. So kawaii.

I voted for Masterpiece - Classic.

BLUE IN SECOND PLACE HOLY CRAP

#tb4l

Turfster

Greenmangaming 'Mac' sale has Star Wars games that are Steamplay (you get the PC version too)
  • Jedi Knight: Academy
  • Jedi Knight II: Outcast
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Borderlands 2 is also Steamplay, and a lot cheaper than currently on Steam.

gorfyako

Banned
Daikatana
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Anachronox
Another World
Startopia
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

These are all in my cart for purchase at the end of the sale. Any ones I should drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom