• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

So what was what guys?

You'd never guess.

lmABrTg.png

Well, everything happens for a reason.

Knurek

Stump, why would you remove a post in a Steam thread?
You are aware that people who were able to get it will now scalp it on the market for insane amount of TF2 keys.

Khronico

Voted for the Masterpiece Classic games. I hope all of you buy KOTORII if/when it becomes part of the new community choice sale.

the steam community will vote for the other choice of course.

garath

Never played counter strike, i like fast fps, i should buy CS:GO?

It's not exactly a fast paced FPS in the vein of Unreal or Quake. But it is faster than say a Rainbow Six game. It requires more accuracy than most games and movement impacts your ability to aim quite a bit. It had a pretty big learning curve on how to accurately shoot. The maps are small and designed for the 5v5. The buy system is pretty unique in that you have to earn enough money to buy your weapons back after you die. Money management throughout the match is important.

I absolutely love it. Once of my favorite FPS games of all times.

kurahador

Got a crappy game for anyone interested.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-E41596E784CAB744 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 13 entrants total.

t1403884984z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
I knew it! I just play Prison Architect a bit and I miss a mystery raffle AND an controverse post? Man, playing games sucks. :/

You can read it here

Why I saved it I know not, just that this might provide some entertainment until new dailies

Edit: Wait a sec I could have traded it for keys? What have I done?

Shadownet

Banned
I wouldn't know how I would feel if I receive one of those Bad Rats one day...

Whether its going to be a positive or negative feeling lol

Nibiru

Banned
Voted for the Masterpiece Classic games. I hope all of you buy KOTORII if/when it becomes part of the new community choice sale.

I wasn't a big fan of Kotr 2. I loved the first one it but the sequel was average imo. Don't get me wrong it was decent but not amazing like the first.

Pakkidis

I got to ask, When I sell an emoticon its usually 1 penny. When I look at the graph someone pays like 20$ for a .01 item. I see this all the time. What is going on?

JustLynx

Repost!

The kindness and generosity here is too much! trying to keep up and do the same :p
Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-4B4AE5142DEDA693

t1403957053z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I got RE4 HD yesterday and it turned out to be $12 wasted. First of all, graphically speaking there is nothing in the game that is worth the HD moniker, except the fact that it runs smoothly at 60 fps.

The fov is so narrow and the camera is so close to the character that you don't even see if a monster is standing beside you.

If that was the only problem, it wouldn't be too bad, I don't mind some retro gaming. The gamebreaker for me are the controls. Both the 360 controller and M/K are terrible. The camera movements with the right stick have no impact on the direction you are moving, while the movement with the left stick is very unnatural, compared to all recent 3rd person action games.

Another title going in the Steam sale graveyard never to be seen again.

LMAO, this dude.

Did you never play Biohazard 4 before? It's a Gamecube game, did you expect PS3 or better graphics?

Is this your first time play RE4?

I'm envious.

Keep at it. The controls have always been a bit awkward but stick with it. It's considered one of the best games ever for a reason.

Also, HD just implies that it's running in high resolutions. In this sense, it's very much HD.

Also this. It's considered a good game by many for a reason.
I don't consider it a good Biohazard. That's Biohazard 2-3.

Seaklng

Banned
The very ending was laughably bad... but the entire game/story up to that ending was so good that it doesn't matter in the least.

The ending pissed me off. SO. FUCKING. MUCH. I was mad for a good few days after I beat the game the first time. It really was good before you get to that point though. Worth the play through imo regardless. Especially, for all the crazy cars. One of my most memorable images of the game though, is of all the cranes. Clearly, there's a lot of reference to Heavy Rain.
That's probably what they were trying to do with the ending though.

PhaZZe

Banned
It's not exactly a fast paced FPS in the vein of Unreal or Quake. But it is faster than say a Rainbow Six game. It requires more accuracy than most games and movement impacts your ability to aim quite a bit. It had a pretty big learning curve on how to accurately shoot. The maps are small and designed for the 5v5. The buy system is pretty unique in that you have to earn enough money to buy your weapons back after you die. Money management throughout the match is important.

I absolutely love it. Once of my favorite FPS games of all times.

ty, still not sure :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom