• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaklng

Banned
I just woke up and there is an animu game as a flash deal? Is this real life? Gotta go through 40 missed pages now and apparently i missed some kind of nsfw fanfic. So kawaii.

I voted for Masterpiece - Classic.

BLUE IN SECOND PLACE HOLY CRAP

#tb4l

I think it's gone now.

MikeDown

Banned
X23QQ3v.gif

Bad kitty.
my thoughts exactly rofl

- Also try to keep it appropriate for this site. I don't want people getting banned

t1403902500z4.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh man. Bump your u_grids to 7 (if you have a decent system), download the high-res patches, get sky_UI, and it's a blast. I'm on my second run so I got all sorts of overhauls on it like tend0 and Frostfall, but the base game is really good with the high res patches. Maybe grab a water gfx patch and a grass gfx patch from nexus, but for the most part the game is good out of the box.

The only must-have mod is sky_UI. The original inventory system is some kind of Kafkaesque nightmare.

Sounds good. I don't have the most capable system but I can probably squeeze in a few graphical mods.

Hugstable

Banned
Nice! So many Long Live the Queen giveaways. I actually really like this game, doing my second run through now. Gotta watch out for those chocolates.

Acccent

I have trouble understanding how a wall of text, regardless of its content could not be safe for work in an environment where the forums themselves are...?

My God Shovel Knight is so good. I need Magicite to be on a bigger sale now. -_-

Dark Void Zero is one of the best Fake-NES games I've ever played.

You might like it. Has Securom though, although the forums told me how to unrevoke your coy before uninstalling so you don't lose an activation.

NoWayOut

LMAO, this dude.

Did you never play Biohazard 4 before? It's a Gamecube game, did you expect PS3 or better graphics?

No, I never played it and judging by RE4 I glad I didn't. As I said the crappy "HD" graphics are the least of my problems with the game. The controls in this game are just ridiculously bad and wonkie to be generous.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So that is being rolled out across everything? That kind of sucks, the old way allowed you to look through CS:GO guns of the same price and buy the ones with the stickers you wanted already on them. That will be impossible now.

Any item that is a commodity (all listings of item identical) will use the new system. Any item that is not a commodity (listings of items differ) will use the old system.

Shade

A few bundle fodder games. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-2EEA791D585BC622 - Taken by wilflare. 6 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse Nihon no Mura -- MB-FCA2B8E934537E42 - Taken by Ruruja. 1 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-E8E4D338064A411E
Skyward Collapse -- MB-0BF890F0BBC7A3EE
Mutant Storm Reloaded -- MB-1B840AE1E7FA2DB1 - Taken by Rezae. 2 entrants total.
Kairo -- MB-BE0D48F2FB09306D - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 6 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-00AA82464983E6F0 - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
King Arthurs Gold -- MB-8A5BB07008235633 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 5 entrants total.
Vox -- MB-2FB4A6B16770663A - Taken by koma. 4 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-0FDFFB8813017F53 - Taken by yoshizzle. 3 entrants total.

t1403886145z1.png

Adry9

First time doing this, I hope it works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844556.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-5908832923885D6C
Medal of Honor -- MB-5B8ABAC033E79D13
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-45F9B0AE125D2D13

t1403895589z1.png

Burnout & Crysis keys are for Origin.

Daikatana
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Anachronox
Another World
Startopia
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

These are all in my cart for purchase at the end of the sale. Any ones I should drop?

pirates is a good game but you have to play it in 1024x768(i think that's the resolution)

if you stretch it for modern displays, you lose part of the hud

I wish there were an easy way to collect data without derailing the thread -- I know sub zero did it once, right? What did you use to collect poll data for which games you should give away?

It's money laundering between multiple accounts, but it will no longer be possible with the buy order system.

But sometimes Steam inconveniences me as I try to engage in their entirely optional side market when I make changes to my account, so that neither they nor I are made liable for illegal activity! That's such bullshit!

Turfster

Whats wrong with that? How does it affect valve?

Aiding and abetting criminals is bad, mkay?

It's not so much friends sending each other money, but the people emptying hacked accounts' balances, or using stolen credit cards.

I wish there were an easy way to collect data without derailing the thread -- I know sub zero did it once, right? What did you use to collect poll data for which games you should give away?

Wasn't it strawpoll.me or something?

Caerith

It's nice to wake up to see SteamGAF learning to love the chocolate.

Alright I'm giving away some of the best shooters. One of these is the Metro Redux Bundle. I repeat one of these is the Metro Redux bundle. Good luck

I'd enter for a chance at Metro Redux if I didn't already own Long Live the Queen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So what was wrong with the old Steam Market system that made them use this new one?

- Skimmer bots could extract profit and drive up the price for everyone else
- It was extremely difficult to buy the cheapest item of a popular item because of timing issues
- It was difficult to get a sense of whether you should list your item at or around the current lowest price, or undercut (this probably had the impact of driving prices down for many items that shouldn't have).

This is a superior system that functions closer to how an actual market functions.

Nibiru

Banned
Eh, I have the exact opposite opinion. I always preferred KotOR2 to KotOR1. Yes, even the vanilla version of KotOR2. KotOR1 was good, KotOR2 blew my mind.

I was confused when you said "vanilla" because I wasn't sure there was an improved version so I looked it up and WTF there are a ton of mods for it!

So now I'm kind of interested!! Damn you!

Chariot

It might have been better to not mention that you already owned it on GOG and were accepting just to pad your Steam account game number... :p
It's not just that. I thought it would be nice to have it, when half of my friendlist has it. This is anime fan street cred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom