• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to ask, When I sell an emoticon its usually 1 penny. When I look at the graph someone pays like 20$ for a .01 item. I see this all the time. What is going on?
It's money laundering between multiple accounts, but it will no longer be possible with the buy order system.

As someone who is new to steam, I have to say after a couple trades and convos with high-ranked non-gaf steamers, I realize steamcommunity is more like a stock market with games/items as a commodity. A lot of business is made there. So I'm sure there's a lot of grey-area stuff going on. Would be nice to see financial values of the community transactions; trades, laundering, exchange profiting.

Aiding and abetting criminals is bad, mkay?

It's not so much friends sending each other money, but the people emptying hacked accounts' balances, or using stolen credit cards.

Wasn't it strawpoll.me or something?

Oh right, I had never considered hacked accounts.

Why don't they just allow Steam Wallet gifting then?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As someone who is new to steam, I have to say after a couple trades and convos with high-ranked non-gaf steamers, I realize steamcommunity is more like a stock market with games/items as a commodity. A lot of business is made there. So I'm sure there's a lot of grey-area stuff going on. Would be nice to see financial values of the community transactions; trades, laundering, exchange profiting.

An interesting read if you want to think about this stuff a little more (from a year or two ago):
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1e03tn/iama_steam_market_bot_writer_who_recently_got/

Hugstable

Banned
No, I never played it and judging by RE4 I glad I didn't. As I said the crappy "HD" graphics are the least of my problems with the game.The controls in this game are just ridiculously bad and wonkie to be generous.

Someone has not played a true Resident Evil game before haha. All the great Resident Evils have the tank controls, I find ot part of the charm of Survival Horror games.

Caerith

Long Live The Queen... Must resist. Will resist.

This:
3545F8E38A6470FA8B9236F270E587D0201B632D

M4-78 is hit or miss.

Completely cut planet, reworked by a mod team, long and tedious

Yeah, at least it's optional.

Is there something about Dark Souls 2 that stops someone from answering my messages?

:c

If you mean Steam chat messages, then absolutely there is. The lack of pausing combined with imminent death means I put that "LOL" on the serious back burner so my thousands of souls stay in tact.

woot.
won me a queen thx Laz!

wanted to buy this but got just enough $$$ to get creeper3, been holding out for the daily/flash since day1. thx community :(

Hugstable

Banned
I dissed all the nobles trying to dance with me at the ball, and hit on some fine Duchess or Lady instead. Then someone insulted me and I challenged them to a duel. LTTQ is fun times.

I love all these choices, and even the stat checks will probably change up little things in the story. I wonder how many ending/deaths are in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom