• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from work, let's see how my team is doing...

green.png

:'-(

Arthea

I see Masterpiece - Classic won, that was expected, unfortunately or fortunately I have all games in that batch already.

Kanokare

To the dudes playing FFXIV, how much has it changed since the first phase of the closed beta? I tried it out back then but found it got pretty boring quickly so I haven't been paying that much attention to it since.

It hasn't changed much for lower levels if you're referring to anything below max level. Just how you go about during the max level dungeons, raids, Primals, etc. There's a patch coming out around the 8th of July along with some free game time for everyone around then. Could try it out during that. The FF14 |OT| should be able to give you a better insight on things!

(Slow response, went to sleep right around when you typed this)

cicero

Daikatana
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Anachronox
Another World
Startopia
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

These are all in my cart for purchase at the end of the sale. Any ones I should drop?
Daikatana. Seriously.

Unless you are on some nostalgia trip or just want to check out a legendary gaming failure, I would skip it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Made $3 from selling trading cards. Feeling baller as fuck right about now.

arrested-development-gob-magic-storming-the-castle-gif.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
FYI, for anyone looking for a deal on Blackguards, Amazon has it on their store for PC for $20.39. HOWEVER, if you select Mac/Deluxe Steam it is ALSO $20.39, and Steam has it up for SteamPlay so you'll get the PC version in Steam as well (which Amazon currently has at $35). I believe this matches the previous daily pricing on this game from Steam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HW6WM7O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Arthea

If you're on the fence with Long Live the Queen, get it. It's a pretty neat game but don't expect replay value.

That's quite opposite to truth. The game is short but it has lots of different paths and more than 20 endings. It is supposed to be played many times, because you don't see even small portion of the game in one playthrough.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I forget if anyone else was interested in them, but a change to Red Thread's upcoming Dreamfall Chapters.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-27-red-thread-breaks-dreamfall-chapters-into-episodes

15 minutes of Styx gameplay, the upcoming Of Orcs and Men spinoff sequel thing.

An early build and game play showoff, but definitely looks promising. Thanks for sharing, I somehow missed this amongst all the other E3 talk and showings.

Not sure how I feel about throwing up to poison water supplies though.

Come on steam, put Visual Novels in the next Community Vote!

I still have a couple of Visual Novels up for grab as long as you don't mind Desura.

Bionic Heart on Desura -- MB-1F44732A443D2A0F
A romantic comedy sci-fi in the form of a visual novel.

dUpLicity Beyond the Lies on Desura -- MB-26BA5939F5F1F15D
15 different endings in this love simulator of a visual novel. High school girl in Japan ordered to be a girlfriend for secret reasons.

As well as various other games to be grabbed either from me or another user like Lain. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818

Looks like my lunch-time giveaway's gonna have to wait! I'll probably have no choice but to do a big-ass giveaway on the last day due to work load, lol.

I heard Daikatana takes a level in awesome past the first episode. Funny, then, that Romero would fuck up the first episode of his game!

Kadin

Hate to say it and I know I'm gonna get some hate for it but I watched 2 separate Let's Play's of LLTQ (about 15min of each) and I just don't see what about it could possibly be fun for me. Gonna have to pass this time around but yeah, hope everyone else enjoys it.

An interesting read if you want to think about this stuff a little more (from a year or two ago):
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1e03tn/iama_steam_market_bot_writer_who_recently_got/
Fascinating.
[..]I was able to make easy profit using this, about $100-$300 a day. I covered approx. 99% of the TF2 market[..]

It became an endless profit cycle which required minimal effort to maintain. Normal trading felt slow, boring and unprofitable. [..] Every time my iphone lit up, it said that I bought x for y.
It became an addiction.
Like I thought, this could be a stock broker talking about automated deals on the exchange. Eerily similar.

These are also very intriguing.
- How much capital did you have to start with?
- How much did you make/lose overall after they deleted the items?

[–]dmn002 135 points 1 year ago
-Started with about $20 on my alt. buying account after selling some tf2 keys for steam wallet.
-Not sure, most of it was profit. I did cash out a bit as well, its hard to come up with a concrete figure.

So basically, anyone with some language knowledge can do this.
And since he can't even put a number on profits I guess he made big money.

-Do you have any regrets that you weren't actually able to play the game as much as normal TF2 players?
-How many people like you do you think are out there and how do you think you got caught?

[–]dmn002 9 points 1 year ago
-I don't regret not playing it as much, as I don't really understand its appeal. I just prefer the trading side of TF2.
-Probably 100+, less now since they started taking action. A lot of traders relist items they buy on the market and you can see a link to their profile. Mostly Russians.

Really reminds of soulless brokers who don't care with what they are dealing, as long as there is some profit available. Scary to think there are so many professionals still doing this.

-Do you feel at least a little guilty about snapping up items when other people want them? You must have been a little ticked off when that strange festive scattergun got taken, and then you make something to help cause that? Seems a little strange.

[–]dmn002 9 points 1 year ago
Well, everyone wants a good deal. It wasn't my intention to tick off other people without bots who wanted to buy items at low low prices. It was just a catalyst to join the 'gold rush' of other bot writers who were also doing the same thing. I didn't feel guilty being first to beat other bot writers on a level playing field.

Gold-rush sounds like the store was mostly unregulated, which must have attracted people with business sense.

Obviously there is money to be made. Now I'm pretty sure there are kinds of Cartels fighting on/offline for monopolies.

Really fascinating.

Turfster

Day Z at 50% off or more, would be great.

Sadly, that just isn't going to happen.

DayZ was a daily on the first day for 15% so, no, that's probably not going to happen for a few years ;)

An early build and game play showoff, but definitely looks promising. Thanks for sharing, I somehow missed this amongst all the other E3 talk and showings.

Not sure how I feel about throwing up to poison water supplies though.

It got put up today, so I don't know if it has been talked about before during E3.
You're right, it does look promising in a vaguely AssCrud-influenced way, which brings me to my question:
People that have played Of Orcs and Men, how close is it to that, and how good was the stealth in that game in general?
I've heard the OO&M stealth was "horrible", which is why I'm still hesitant on buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom