• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

That is kinda what I want to do.
Yeah, things like this are kind of fascinating. It's one thing to be a subpar average game, no one really cares about that and it's just not worth bothering with unless you're in a situation with nothing better to do (or you get paid to play it, obviously), but something that was a spectacular failure? Even if by normal standards it'd be just a typical subpar average game it can be fascinating to check out, and if it's spectacularly bad like Big Rigs that's even mroe fascinating.

Unicorn

Should I get Sleeping Dogs? I have almost 4 in credit and am dirt poor, so I could potentially save it for another game.

I need this credit to be used for the most satisfying purchase.. Get the biggest bang for my buck.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Has Cook, Serve, Delicious been a flash sale yet?
Nope, which strikes me as odd. Wasn't even a community choice.

Bit on LLTQ. Will bite on SS2. Will contemplate on Banished.

Mrbob

It would just lose anyhow. ;)

I'm not really understanding the grouping of games. Put popular games in a bundle against obscure games and lets see who will win. I don't begrudge those who vote for the popular games but as one who has eyes on some of the more unknown it makes the sale kind of boring.

Chariot

I just got on. :p I guess I'll buy it then.
Good, goooood!

I still have a couple of Visual Novels up for grab as long as you don't mind Desura.

Bionic Heart on Desura -- MB-1F44732A443D2A0F
A romantic comedy sci-fi in the form of a visual novel.

dUpLicity Beyond the Lies on Desura -- MB-26BA5939F5F1F15D
15 different endings in this love simulator of a visual novel. High school girl in Japan ordered to be a girlfriend for secret reasons.

As well as various other games to be grabbed either from me or another user like Lain. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818
Thank you, maybe someone else wants it. I prefer all games at one place. My Origin/uplay/desura/drm free/gog games are just molding.

It would just lose anyhow. ;)
After the Ikagura disaster we just have to stab every single of this traitors. Peacefully.

If someone has been reported for trade scams and I'm well aware the trade I offered them is completely one-sided in their favor, yet I'm that desperate, is there any way the one card I'm getting from them could be fake or something? How could they actually scam me if I'm making the offer?

oti

Banned
So I just tried Beat Hazard for the first time.
colbert.gif

And playing it to Christmas music is hilarious.

Here's Torchlight on GOG, for those who missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a GOG key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) -- MB-464CF7F785B6B062 - Taken by Halo 2. 2 entrants total.

t1403888630z1.png

AkuMifune

Banned
"I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of the Red tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?"

Lomax

If someone has been reported for trade scams and I'm well aware the trade I offered them is completely one-sided in their favor, yet I'm that desperate, is there any way the one card I'm getting from them could be fake or something? How could they actually scam me if I'm making the offer?

If somehow they had gotten that card using a fraudulent credit card, it could get revoked, but the entire trade would get reverted and you'll get all your original items back. As long as your trading is entirely within steam, and you know what you're doing, the risk is minimal.

If somehow they had gotten that card using a fraudulent credit card, it could get revoked, but the entire trade would get reverted and you'll get all your original items back. As long as your trading is entirely within steam, and you know what you're doing, the risk is minimal.

Okay, thanks.

Arthea

Hate to say it and I know I'm gonna get some hate for it but I watched 2 separate Let's Play's of LLTQ (about 15min of each) and I just don't see what about it could possibly be fun for me. Gonna have to pass this time around but yeah, hope everyone else enjoys it.

funny that you mention it, as it is one of those things I don't understand about gamers. I wouldn't find any game (probably even tetris) enjoyable, if I watched let's plays of it before playing it, that's why I never watch let's plays of games I haven't played and I don't understand why people would do such a horrible thing to themselves. Most of gaming attraction comes from surprises, unknown, exploration and learning, for me that is. Even trailers are mostly evil things, let's plays? plain deadly headshots.

Derp

I've gotten everything I want from the sale. If Transistor does come on sale I'll consider it, but knowing it'll be even cheaper in a winter sale makes me want to wait.

Since it's getting so many recommendations, I think I'll share it with everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-8C6BDB9F89197405 - Taken by masterkajo. 38 entrants total.

t1403888880z1.png

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom