• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fess

Huh? No double dipping on PC?
Steam noob here... Why can't I buy Legendary Edition of Skyrim if I already own the barebone Skyrim edition? Am I supposed to either always buy the complete edition for every game at first sight or buy all dlc one by one afterwards even though there are sales on game packs with all dlc included?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-2EB1EBDD100654A2 - Taken manually
Harvester -- MB-D377DC260A86F020 - Taken by ArynCrinn
Wizardry 8 -- MB-89890F522B2D8092 - Taken by Melhisedek
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-7F133070CF5EB25D - Taken manually
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-F9112872B99EC8DB - Taken by Random Painted HIghway

Just a few games from that BundleStars pack.

An interesting read if you want to think about this stuff a little more (from a year or two ago):
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1e03tn/iama_steam_market_bot_writer_who_recently_got/

This is quite interesting but something I'm curious about is that, later, an individual inquires about why he didn't cash-out. Something I'm wondering is how this is actually done? My understanding is that market transactions always feed into the Steam Wallet so how can you cash-out? At a guess, I'd assume it would be done through using the wallet funds to purchase copies of games as a gift, and then selling these gift copies online through external marketplaces such as eBay or Amazon but I'm unsure if this is correct.

AkuMifune

Banned
No, we will run, and we will live.

Yes! Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile.

And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the Steam cards from this day for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell the stupid Red team that they may take our lives, but they will never take our Dailies!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
took a nap, all fresh for our daily dose of disapointment

Ikaruga is 50% off, so tempting to end my misery and just buy it now. The couple of dollars will be make no difference to me, but it's a matter of principal at this point.

BibiMaghoo

Yes! Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile.

And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the Steam cards from this day for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell the stupid Red team that they may take our lives, but they will never take our Dailies!

shottas2.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is quite interesting but something I'm curious about is that, later, an individual inquires about why he didn't cash-out. Something I'm wondering is how this is actually done? My understanding is that market transactions always feed into the Steam Wallet so how can you cash-out? At a guess, I'd assume it would be done through using the wallet funds to purchase copies of games as a gift, and then selling these gift copies online through external marketplaces such as eBay or Amazon but I'm unsure if this is correct.

Sell items for Steam credit. Use Steam credit to buy TF2 keys. Sell them to people in exchange for Paypal cash. You take a slight hit in terms of value, but one of the essences of money laundering is exchanging nominal value of cash for real liquidity.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I hope there's something appealing today, guys.

I'd actually like to spend some money for once.

Caerith

Do you like playing an empty MMO all by yourself and grinding and grinding?
Then yes, otherwise, no.

Grinding?

The biggest balance problem in Kingdoms of Amalur is that you gain too much experience too easily and hit the level cap before the end. People use cheat engine to limit their experience gain to 40% just to keep it even.

Maybe you're thinking of something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom