• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

CAUTION

Alan Wake has a high chance of being the community vote, and will get a DEEPER discount

please hold off on your purchase for another 8 hours

move along, nothing to see here

Lomax

I find the lack of price mistakes disturbing.
How am I going to justify camping on my computer for every rollover?

Nirran

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the flow of this thread. But it's just not very impressive. We've been trained to see these things as fire sales or at least very good deals. 10% isn't all that impressive when you only have 9 slots a day is all I'm saying.

Your client isn't showing the right prices. There are no 10% off deals today. Keep refreshing.

Shackzam

If the only chance of Broforce getting a greater discount was through the community vote earlier in the sale. I'm gonna be super pissed.

Tiu Neo

Daily
  • Payday 2 80% off Again
  • Age of Mythology 50% off
  • GTA IV 80% off Again
  • Space Engineers 33% off Again
  • Deus Ex HR:DC 75% off Again
  • Assetto Corsa 50% off
  • Wargame 40% off
  • Transistor 25% off
  • Tropico 4 85% off
Flash
  • Alan Wake 85% off
  • F1 2013 75% off
  • Octodad 66% off Again
  • Reus 75% off
Community choice
  • F.E.A.R. 75% off
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II 66% off
  • Age of Empires II HD 75% off
  • System Shock 2 85% off
Community votes
Pack 1:
  • Super Hexagon 75% off
  • Gnomoria 75% off
  • Rogue Legacy 75% off Again
  • Plague Inc xx% off Again
Pack 2:
  • Dead Space 75% off
  • Alan Wake 85% off ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS
  • Outlast 75% off Again
  • Amnesia Machine For Pigs 75% off Again

And yet, we never had chance for those arcade games from the other day or for One Finger Death Punch. Arght.

I think either my Steam library is just saturated at this point or it's just been slow for releases, but it's been the slowest sale in years for me. I suspect another issue is the console generational transition has been slowing the number of releases of larger-budget titles in the last few months, and the effects are being felt in the sale.

Why are people hating steam when it's the pubs/devs who decide if they put their game on sale or not?

No wait nevermind, I know the answer.

Wait, what do you think is the answer?

Valve asks for two things, what your base discount will be, and what you want your special daily/flash max discount to be. Then you send it in and wait just like everyone else to see if it'll be selected.

Can't understand the selections given just how many options they have.

alekth

Though I'd add KOTOR II to my backlog, but the first one isn't on sale, bleh >_>

On the bright side, I got to coronation on LLTQ.

Jeremy

You're a Transissttooooorrrr.

I wish I wouldn't have bought System Shock 2 at GOG a few days ago.

It feels just like yesterday we were seeing some of these sales... wait a minute...

What's Reus like?? Worth $2.50?

Sell items for Steam credit. Use Steam credit to buy TF2 keys. Sell them to people in exchange for Paypal cash. You take a slight hit in terms of value, but one of the essences of money laundering is exchanging nominal value of cash for real liquidity.

Oh I see. This was the step in particular that I'd been curious about. I assume this is done through an external site?

C4rter

is the first F.E.A.R worth getting?

Definitely, I played it for the second time a few weeks ago, first time was shortly after first release. Couldn't stop playing until it was finished. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
giphy.gif

nbthedude

I chose to spend $15 on Shovel Knight for full price yesterday instead of buying the discounted Transistor.

After playing it for an hour and half last night I feel very confident this was the right decision.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
But they can only put in games that pubs/devs gave a flash/community/daily discount for, correct? Obviously there aren't as many as we'd like.

That is correct.

I know one game that has a discount that hasn't been chosen. :p Which is fine as I think even the repeats would probably outsell it 10:1.

Copons

This really sucks. I don't know why they keep repeating sales. There's plenty of games with featured discounts that never got a chance. ;_;

Well there's four more chances anyways.

Well, actually you have far more chances than 4 if you consider flashes and communities.

Don't mean to be rude (and you know very well how much I love your game), but I guess Valve just doesn't see in CSD a viable opportunity for a daily - and honestly in daily I've usually seen AAA or famous indies etc.
Nonetheless, CSD has already been featured once in a flash sale, so hell, considering how some games are repeating since 2005 or something, if Valve doesn't push it again, uh.. something would be very wrong in how the handle deals.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CAUTION

Alan Wake has a high chance of being the community vote, and will get a DEEPER discount

please hold off on your purchase for another 8 hours

but its 85% now and it says 85% in the vote?

Nabs

But they can only put in games that pubs/devs gave a flash/community/daily discount for, correct? Obviously there aren't as many as we'd like.

I doubt a dev/pub would give their game one discount and not another. This is on Valve.

Bought:
Battleblock theatre/Castle Crashers
sleepy dawgs dlc or something idk

Missed:
Valiant Hearts
Transformers
Pacman

So, 2 days of repeats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom