• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

It's funny, I was super hyped for Transistor when it came out, but didn't have the money at the time, and now that I've waited, I've fallen into "wait for a better deal" mode. Feels like it will be 50% off come the Winter Sale so I'll hold out until then. Or if it ever shows up on GMG so I can use my credit.

Gangxxter

C'mon Team Green, just crafted my first (and probably only) Summer Adventure Badge, let's do this today and destroy Team Red!

I enjoyed it back then when it was freshly released and played through it again when i got steam keys for it as part of the WB Humble Bundle.
I think it holds up well as a shooter, however it feels a bit dated. This is especially true for the "horror elements" because while FEAR manages to create a dense atmosphere it relies heavily on jump scares ... and they failed to work on me during my recent play-through.

I'd say get it if you want a solid shooter, but not necessarily when you want a good horror game.

How old it is is the only thing that kinda puts me off. Anyone know of any mods etc?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut goes on sale for $4.99 about once a month. My loyalty discount makes the every day price $4.99. I'd like to play it again, but there's absolutely no reason for me to upgrade until I'm ready to play. If they changed the loyalty discount to 20% during the sales and I saw it for $3.99 I'd just buy the thing and may never even get around to it. As it is now they're less likely to get any money. I assume I'm not the only one.

Same here. No rush whatsoever.

Kinyou

It's... okay. I played it on my android tablet and got a bit of fun out of it. It's just very barebones compared to Human Revolution in terms of level design and missions. What also doesn't help is that the story ends on a "to be continued" (at least the android version)

LiK

It's funny, I was super hyped for Transistor when it came out, but didn't have the money at the time, and now that I've waited, I've fallen into "wait for a better deal" mode. Feels like it will be 50% off come the Winter Sale so I'll hold out until then. Or if it ever shows up on GMG so I can use my credit.

It'll probably never end up on GMG from what I know. Great game tho so check it out when you can.

gorfyako

Banned
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut goes on sale for $4.99 about once a month. My loyalty discount makes the every day price $4.99. I'd like to play it again, but there's absolutely no reason for me to upgrade until I'm ready to play. If they changed the loyalty discount to 20% during the sales and I saw it for $3.99 I'd just buy the thing and may never even get around to it. As it is now they're less likely to get any money. I assume I'm not the only one.

Same here. Though I'm more stingy and am waiting for it to be $2.50... which it never will be.

Chariot

Payday 2 for $6? I don't have anyone to play with so it'd be community pubbing.
You have like an army of Gaffers. I would love to play the game again. In fact, I have it installed and bought all missing DLCs when they came into sale. Add me to your friendlist and we can get rich!

aku:jiki

Oh absolutely. When they chose it in December it was coming off of a strong October/November launch. Past January it's been considerably slower (obviously) so coming into the summer sale, the data is far less impressive. I'm sure they're going by sales momentum and they've made the right decision if it never gets featured.

I have no doubt that my game would probably be in the lowest of sales tiers if it got a flash/community vote. There's no way in hell it had a chance for daily, as the numbers aren't there. Still it does sting to see the same couple of indie games rotated through dailies/flash/community several times over the course of the sale.
How about all the hidden deals? Is that just devs/pubs who know they won't get picked and circumvent the selection process by just having a sale at the same time as the summer sale? Is that something you could do or are you more into the frontpage exposure than having a sale (which would be understandable)?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Crafted a summer adventure badge and got a purple team emoticon. ...I'm on the green team you dummies.

Dreadful deals though I'm considering Octodad. Has it been cheaper during the sale?

It's been cheaper on GOG, but this is a very solid price for it on Steam.

Also a good time to buy it as soon we shall be getting free DLC of "Octodad Shorts", which will focus more on absurdity of the story and trying to act human rather than anything it's not (e.g. no Stealth).
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-27-octodad-to-receive-free-dlc-with-octodad-shorts

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oops, I voted for the horror group without checking the new deals. Turns out Alan Wake is currently a flash sale. Oh well, sorry if anyone wanted the addictive indie stuff.

Nothing for me today again.

This sale is not really good but I actually bought more than I expected already:
- Naruto
- Metal Slug 3 - powered by cards money
- KOF XIII
- Batman Arkham Origins

I also won some games through ModBot so I'm quite happy :D

I'm holding off my card money to see if some indies that I really want appear as a daily/flash.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
We should make a list of all the high profile games that didn't receive a flash/daily/cc. Must be a lot of them

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Always the same shit every sale. I get they want to keep the best selling stuff on the front page but maybe throw some bone for the less popular stuff.

Won't be seeing NASCAR, OOTP nor Double Dragon 75% off this sale.

KOF happened, so I'm still keeping hope for Double Dragon at least. Maybe even Volgarr.

Mokoi

Banned
Are their still people waiting for Ikaruga to go on sale? Abandon all hope, and just buy it since it will never go lower.

People who have experienced a'many steam sales. "This sale blows"

People who are experiencing their first steam sale. "OMG this is amazing, so many cheap games!"

Never changes. :)

how do you figure?

Typically when a company gets an influx of strong competition, that company will step up their game in order to compete. Look at the Xbox One in response to the PlayStation 4. Valve has faced criticism for years about their awful support, the hit or miss functionality of the Steam UI, server issues, and more recently the quality of the large sales and the metagames. But instead of the problems getting addressed, they just remain while more continue to pile on. Meanwhile Valve goes on pushing new tings like SteamOS, Steam machines, Family Sharing, and the like. It just seems like there's no one at the helm going "Okay guys, yes this new shit is fun, but we need some of you to put your heads together and get to work on these issues.

Lomax

Oh absolutely. When they chose it in December it was coming off of a strong October/November launch. Past January it's been considerably slower (obviously) so coming into the summer sale, the data is far less impressive. I'm sure they're going by sales momentum and they've made the right decision if it never gets featured.

I have no doubt that my game would probably be in the lowest of sales tiers if it got a flash/community vote. There's no way in hell it had a chance for daily, as the numbers aren't there. Still it does sting to see the same couple of indie games rotated through dailies/flash/community several times over the course of the sale.

I made a CSD badge if that's any consolation! That earned you another like, nickel. Don't worry, come the last day of the sale, we'll all be pushing people to buy at 60% off if it doesn't get a flash sale, it's more than worth it at $4. Such a great game.

Can't wait for the day when Valve decides to stop the sales altogether, that's teach you all a lesson you whiny lot

I'm a big business supporter, and not one of the businesses would ever stop a sale because of whining about said sale if the dollars keep flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom