• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
paydaypriceerror.png

again, had the same discount earlier in the sale :)

thats the first one too, which probably nobody wants with 2 out

Shadownet

Banned
Sounds like a real active GAF group for Payday 2. Sweet. I generally dislike playing with random people in co-op. I don't mind killing randoms, but co-op is a different story. I'll probably pick it up.

I PM you...anyone wanna do a 4 pack Payday 2 buy??

The original is rough around the edges, it shows its age in UI and graphics. Still a great game though. I don't think I've ever heard anybody say anything positive about Invisible War. I'll be the first: Nobody ever forced me to play Deus Ex Invisible War, so fortunately I have no opinion on the game itself.
Guess I'll just buy the original, then.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
What lesson would it teach them? To buy from other retailers and give Valve less money? Very productive.

i see his point though. at the end of the day, this is just a sale. they're lowering prices on certain games and you can take it or leave it. i dont really feel like im owed something because the last few steam sales were amazing or whatever. rather, i just leave it at "that last sale was awesome, so far this sale isnt as awesome, but there's still some good deals" and move on, rather than throw a fit. feel me?

i mean this sale is still far better than any other sale ive looked at this year, barring some amazing humble bundles. so i can't bring myself to anger over it being possibly sub par compared to their other amazing sales.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
The Fear games any good guys? Should I get the first or the whole bundle?

Coming off the 360 version the first Fear is a must play, with some of the most fun gunplay and encounters in a modern FPS till this day.

I own Fear 2 and 3 but haven't played them yet to give an opinion on those games

fallout

There are a lot of factors that affect your perceived quality of the sale: price point, game interest, backlog level, meta-game involvement, finances, etc.

I've picked up more this time around than I did during the Holiday Sale. I think a lot of that has to do with a few games hitting certain price points and just a general desire to play some of them now.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Lame!

I followed a link on here yesterday for Arkham Origins someone posted where Amazon had the deluxe edition for $5, but did not notice that on Amazon when you clicked the link to change it to deluxe, it changed the game to "Arkham Origins: Blackgate". Did not notice till just now lol.

Seems shady of Amazon to do it that way. And stupid of me not to notice lol.

Think Origins will go on sale again before the end? I think it was at $7.49.

I don't get it. Alan Wake is a flash and also possibly on the next community batch?
Why?
There are so many games on steam, why all the repeats?
So many other games could get sale spikes. Seems like wasted oppprtunity.

Here my last purchase for the sale:
Europa Universalis IV
PAC-Man Champ DX
Deus Ex GOTY
Payday 2 Armored Transport

Unless something I want goes on a crazy good sale, I think I'm done.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If I buy FFXIV from Amazon, do I get a Steam key?

It will say on the page if it's available or not on Steam. Once at the top and once again somewhere down below, so just use the in-page search function of your browser. If you can't find it, it's not Steam redeemable.

Jeremy

I don't get it. Alan Wake is a flash and also possibly on the next community batch?
Why?
There are so many games on steam, why all the repeats?
So many other games could get sale spikes. Seems like wasted oppprtunity.

This must be your first day watching this sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom