• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

Damn these Steam Summer Sale threds go fast, I was out one day moving, not only do we get another thred but we are almost halfway thru it also!^^;

Kadin

I got it fixed by Steam Support. I've added about six cards so far, so 36 dollars total. Still have 10 left in the wallet. Just waiting on Dark Souls II, but i'm not sure that's going on as a daily.
Well that's encouraging. I just created a ticket a while back, did it take very long to hear back from them? And was your experience just like I described?

AkuMifune

Banned
I don't think the loyalty discount applies during the sale. It still shows up as $4.99 even though I own both the original and the DLC. But if you're asking outside of the sale, then yes, the discount applies depending on if you own the game and/or the DLC.

Yeah, thanks. Didn't feel like it yet but would pick it up if the deal didn't work anymore.

Backlog still huuuge.

Lomax

I really hope Pinball FX2 gets a daily or flash. There are a lot of tables I want to buy.

Yeah, it's my last big want. I doubt it will get a daily but it's been a flash deal each of the past few sales so I'm still optimistic. Really want those new Star Wars tables at 75% off.

That and The Pinball Arcade. Would love to see some pinball games represented. Pinball FX2 was a featured flash sale during the last big Steam sale.

TPA has three tables for one cent as iap if you load the game up, in case you hadn't heard.

The closer we get to the end of the sale, the more convinced I am that none of the semi-interesting game that lost the community vote will appear as flashes or dailies.

With eight items up for vote every eight hours we were bound to have a few that didn't repeat. Sad that it probably had to be the most deserving and most interesting titles.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That is what I'm praying for. Pinball Table discounts. So many I want.

Octodad worth the 5 bucks?

Very much so. It's entirely a charming and amusing game that if done for the story is quite rewarding, especially with all the little jokes and dialogue throughout the game. It falters late game when trying to be deeper than it actually is gameplay wise, a stealth section that just isn't fun actually, but one can get past that quickly and the first part of the game is just good fun.

We are also getting free DLC to give us more moments in Octodad's life that is promised to not have any stealth or sections where the awkward controls (done on purpose) are just there for fun as they should be.

I highly recommend it, as it is the greatest Father Simulator Steam will ever get.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tyrone-crackhead-dave-chappelle.jpg

eujhae.png

tumblr_m41qh2SaPj1r00g1wo1_400.gif

im out bitches, be back later

StAidan

Although I've been disappointed by the quality of the sale so far (soooo many repeats), I've still somehow managed to become 10 games richer (half impulse buys, half from my wishlist). And there are at least 9 more games 50-80% off on my wishlist that are guaranteed buys on the last day of the sale. I guess that puts things into a little more perspective whenever these "new" deals pop up and I silently rage at my screen.

Although I've been disappointed by the quality of the sale so far (soooo many repeats), I've still somehow managed to become 10 games richer (half impulse buys, half from my wishlist). And there are at least 9 more games 50-80% off on my wishlist that are guaranteed buys on the last day of the sale. I guess that puts things into a little more perspective whenever these "new" deals pop up and I silently rage at my screen.

This sale has been very disappointing, seems publishers aren't cutting as deeply. Maybe I just have most of the games I want at this time, but I usually have a lot more impulse buys on games I had no intention of buying so something is off in this sale for me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The closer we get to the end of the sale, the more convinced I am that none of the semi-interesting game that lost the community vote will appear as flashes or dailies.

With eight items up for vote every eight hours we were bound to have a few that didn't repeat. Sad that it probably had to be the most deserving and most interesting titles.

Day three. Still no sign of The Last Door, Ikaruga, or Broken Age receiving heavy discounts. Not even a sign of Deponia or Stranded. Morale is deteriorating among the crew. I fear that we may not reach sale soon and the crew will mutiny.

tyrone-crackhead-dave-chappelle.jpg

eujhae.png

tumblr_m41qh2SaPj1r00g1wo1_400.gif

im out bitches, be back later

iTxy3nOdJd25U.gif

Kadin

Any kind soul have Summer Adventure cards 2 and 8? That's all I need to create my first badge. As you may have seen earlier, M&M kinda killed my ability to buy anything until Support gets in touch. I have a few AOE II, Shadowgrounds, Metro LL and Call of Juarez cards to trade if you need any. Would really appreciate it!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kadin

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Heavy Bullets was updated with controller support the other day, haven't had a chance to play it with the patch but that game has been the gem of the sale for me. So much awesome.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Heavy Bullets was updated with controller support the other day, haven't had a chance to play it with the patch but that game has been the gem of the sale for me. So much awesome.
Interesting sounding game! And you're the only one on my steam list that owns it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom