• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Divinity shown up on sale at all? I just learned about this game right now from this topic and this shit look amazing. If nothing else comes out that interests me in the sale, I'm throwing all my leftover steam wallet money at this
I think it was on sale during the first day.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Need cards 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 9. Have two extra 4, two extra 8, and one extra 10. If anyone could help, that'd be great. Kinda want to get the Lv. 2 summer badge because I don't know. :lol

If you want an easier and faster time, do as I did and go through the Steam Community.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/summeradventure2014/discussions/6/#

If you want to do it through fellow GAFFERs, we got our own dedicated thread for it that helped me finish off my last card. This thread just moves too fast sometimes.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558088&page=64

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
They leave their community choices choices up to an algo that picks random games with 2 tags and still haven't fixed the dual alan wake. What do you think? =p

I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm only going to spend about £15 today and my world is crumbling around me. CRUMBLING!

AkuMifune

Banned
Damn, the token prices have really dropped. They were ten times the price a few days ago.

poor-dude-rigged-game.gif

Delt31

so picked up LFD2 for $5. Now have my eye on Payday 2. Looking for a good online shooter - not too heavy on strategy. Is this a good one to get? Lively online?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Random question. What would happen if I get a game that is region locked and not compatible with my region? I wouldn't be able to redeem the key or the game would not run? I want to be aware of everything >.>

Random question. What would happen if I get a game that is region locked and not compatible with my region? I wouldn't be able to redeem the key or the game would not run? I want to be aware of everything >.>

There are different types of region lock and depending on which is used either one could happen.
In Steamdb the relevant flags are
OnlyAllowRunInCountries (can't start) and
AllowCrossRegionTradingandGifting (can't activate)

Turfster

Reposting for the new page:

Nuuvem is doing a sale on LEGO games, 46-76% off.

HP Years 1-4 and both Batman games don't specifically state they are Steam keys.

Thank you so much for SteamWorld Dig, CosmicQueso!

Some tell me: which Tropico is best? I want to pick one up.
I've only played 3. From what I understand 3 and 4 are very similar. 1 and 2 are brutally hard.

While the game does have saves and that I like to do a mission in one sitting and the sitting can be up to 2 hours (maybe I'm just bad at the game, traffic management is a big problem in the game).

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
multiplayer
is one of the best things you can do with your life.

10/10, would forcefully glitch my way out of the map again

Duels on ffa_bespin, great memories.

Can someone help me out with getting F.E.A.R. 1 community choice by trading a game with me? It's not avaiable in my store/country and afaik it costs 2,24€.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sad the amount of scumbags whinging.

Be disappointed yeah but to cry about the choice of games and the price?

Seriously, PC gamers in general have it the best, the games are a fraction of the price as console games.

There are literally thousands of games on sale...

And someone saying Transistor, a game that's been out a whole month and with an average of 83/100 being too expensive at $15.

Wow.
Is it OK to call our fellow GAFfers scumbags now? I miss the times when it wasn't :/

Seanspeed

Banned
For them it was too expensive.

PC gamers that focus on steam for the most part have switched from the old style of physical copies of games, where you had possession of what you bought and were able to use and resell it at your leisure. They gave up those things and the normal rights associated with physical property for digital purchases that clearly have substituted the highly discounted nature of these basically RENTED DRM restricted digital products for physical ownership with its associated rights.

You are comparing a userbase of console users that still reside largely in the old physical copy world to those who left that almost entirely for the digital. We changed because the product was cheaper and to a lesser extent, more convenient. Don't complain about the general reactions of gamers who wait for now regularly timed sales of those digital products who rate sales as being poor if they aren't highly discounted or offered in a wider variety instead of constant repeats.

This expectation for highly reduced prices in quality sales isn't some kind of outrageous entitlement thinking by a bunch of ingrates, it is the whole premise of digital games to begin with. This is why I love GOG, I get both worlds. I own and control what I buy and still get the games cheap.
Highly discounted games is not the whole premise of digital purchashing at all. The lower costs have come from competition. Look at digital prices on consoles to see what digital prices look like in a closed ecosystem.

I agree its largely false entitlement. And I doubt developers would support PC to the extent they are right now if nobody bought games full-price or close to full-price.

Well the M&M money thing finally killed my account completely from buying anything for the foreseeable future it would appear. Upon trying to add my 5th $6 credit, I got, "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase could not be completed." or something like that. I shrugged it off and attempted to purchase with my normal card and same thing.

I've tried everything else I can think of and ended up creating a ticket for support. I should hear back in about 2 weeks I'm thinking. Luckily I had an alt account from a while back and was able to use the same credit card this time and made the purchase. Now I just have to wait 15 days to be able to trade it since I never setup Steam Guard on it.

So take this as a warning guys. Ah well, I'd still do it again for the free $24 I got.

Restart and clear your cache. Or use a different web browser. I had the same thing happen to me.

Thanks. I've watched my friend play a bit of Tropico 3 and it looked awesome, now that Sim City is dead.

Any other votes as to which Tropico is best?

I only own 5 and it is the very first Tropico that I've played. I love it but I never played any of the previous ones to compare it. I'm also trying to decide if I should buy 4 since it's cheap or just be content with 5. No idea if I would be going backwards or not.

Bought SW:KOTOR2

How connected are the games? I haven't played the first, am I going to be completely lost?

You could get by without playing the first one but I'd recommend that you play the first one because it's incredible. You're literally robbing yourself of one of the best games ever by not playing it.

so picked up LFD2 for $5. Now have my eye on Payday 2. Looking for a good online shooter - not too heavy on strategy. Is this a good one to get? Lively online?

Payday 2 is a good mix of shooting and strategy. You can do a whole mission without tripping any alarms, or you can just go in guns blazing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There are different types of region lock and depending on which is used either one could happen.
In Steamdb the relevant flags are
OnlyAllowRunInCountries (can't start) and
AllowCrossRegionTradingandGifting (can't activate)

Alrighty.

Kadin

Restart and clear your cache. Or use a different web browser. I had the same thing happen to me.
But this is through the main client with my normal CC, outside of using Enhanced for the $6 credit. I'll try using IE just to see though, thx for the suggestion.

sqwarlock

I'm not going to complain about recently released/early access games not being heavily discounted, but I will complain about the repeats and the lack of focus on lesser-known titles.
And the lack of fighting games on daily/flash/community choice, of course.

Heavy Bullets was updated with controller support the other day, haven't had a chance to play it with the patch but that game has been the gem of the sale for me. So much awesome.

I have not played very much of it but I definitely agree. It's the best roguelike FPS I've played so far.

Delt31

Payday 2 is a good mix of shooting and strategy. You can do a whole mission without tripping any alarms, or you can just go in guns blazing.

thanks but is it always co op against AI or can I play robber while other players are cops? I would like a more team deathmatch feel to it if possible although I'm OK with some strategy. Seems like a LFD with cops and a robbers no?

yuraya

guise the BattleBlock Theater game.....

tumblr_lj069iQQta1qzc4gi.gif

That laughing bundle was quite the gem purchase for $2.49. I haven't played Castle Crashers yet but I am guessing its good as well.

EDIT: There is also playfire cheevos for both the games for those who may have not known.

BibiMaghoo

thanks but is it always co op against AI or can I play robber while other players are cops? I would like a more team deathmatch feel to it if possible although I'm OK with some strategy. Seems like a LFD with cops and a robbers no?

It's all Co-op, no player Vs player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom