• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
How hands-on is that Train Simulator 14 game? Do you actually get full run of all the engine controls? Do you get to manage the cars at all? Or is it just kind of a 'watch the trains run' kinda thing?

iosefe

Probably old as hell but this popped up on my activity feed.. XD

7Q8kNxF.gif

BibiMaghoo

What about the DLC for Payday 2? Should I grab that?

You can play the maps if the host owns them and you do not. Big Bank is not worth it at current cost, so only buy the stuff if you want the achievements, weapons, masks etc. Armoured Transport is the best value.

Uthred

Any thoughts on Space Engineers, I've largely sworn off early access but it doesnt look like it would be detrimental to the experience here, hows the multiplayer?

garath

You can play the maps if the host owns them and you do not. Big Bank is not worth it at current cost, so only buy the stuff if you want the achievements, weapons, masks etc. Armoured Transport is the best value.

Thanks. Great to know. Going to skip them for now. If I get a chance to play it tonight/tomorrow I'll go from there. If I miss the sale on DLC, I miss it.

Bought the base game at least. Fun stuff.

edit: actually bought armored transport. That does sound good.

Hanzou

Yeah, it's my last big want. I doubt it will get a daily but it's been a flash deal each of the past few sales so I'm still optimistic. Really want those new Star Wars tables at 75% off.

TPA has three tables for one cent as iap if you load the game up, in case you hadn't heard.
Jeez what 3 tables?! Also season 1 is 25% off through steam

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Another crap day although I might pick up Transistor. Either somebody is giving backhanders for all these repeats or Valve just doesn't give a shit. I'm guessing the latter.

Turfster

Another crap day although I might pick up Transistor. Either somebody is giving backhanders for all these repeats or Valve just doesn't give a shit. I'm guessing the latter.

They leave their community choices choices up to an algo that picks random games with 2 tags and still haven't fixed the dual alan wake. What do you think? =p

Any kind soul have Summer Adventure cards 2 and 8? That's all I need to create my first badge. As you may have seen earlier, M&M kinda killed my ability to buy anything until Support gets in touch. I have a few AOE II, Shadowgrounds, Metro LL and Call of Juarez cards to trade if you need any. Would really appreciate it!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kadin
I could give you card 2 (have 3 of it) but since I haven't used Steam for 2~3 years I can't use the market. If there's another way send me a PM.

SHMUP me? SHMUP you, pal.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-0007B3D409069E58 - Taken by Tellaerin
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-6AD0CDBD5D625D8B - Taken by Crimsonclaw111

They leave their community choices choices up to an algo that picks random games with 2 tags and still haven't fixed the dual alan wake. What do you think? =p

Community choice isn't really even a choice, it's so easy to tell what will win most of the time.... they should just do an 8 game flash sale system and pick the games themselves, at least that way some more obscure game may have a shot at ending up on the front page.

So going through my library to check games with trading cards missing from the badge page (this feature is lame) and working out what indie bundle trash has cards I find out Indie Game The Movie has cards. It made me LOL.

Edit: and there is a Phil Fish profile background...

derbene

Neo Member
How hands-on is that Train Simulator 14 game? Do you actually get full run of all the engine controls? Do you get to manage the cars at all? Or is it just kind of a 'watch the trains run' kinda thing?

Controlling an older locomotive is quite hard and takes some time to learn. And of course there are different controller-options - the easiest allows to use a controller like the 360 gamepad. There also a lot of trains you can buy as DLC, some of them are extremely detailed and realistic in regards of options and controls.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Need cards 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 9. Have two extra 4, two extra 8, and one extra 10. If anyone could help, that'd be great. Kinda want to get the Lv. 2 summer badge because I don't know. :lol

Hugstable

Banned
tyrone-crackhead-dave-chappelle.jpg

eujhae.png

tumblr_m41qh2SaPj1r00g1wo1_400.gif

im out bitches, be back later

Has Divinity shown up on sale at all? I just learned about this game right now from this topic and this shit look amazing. If nothing else comes out that interests me in the sale, I'm throwing all my leftover steam wallet money at this. Well actually I would need to add an extra 20$... but damn this game looks good.

Mono

If anyone is looking for KOTOR, not KOTOR2, you'll find it at GMG and some other Star Wars games on sale. KOTOR is $3.99. It says Mac games but as you know you get access to both PC and Mac with them. There's some Borderlands stuff too.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/mac-games/

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
multiplayer
is one of the best things you can do with your life.

10/10, would forcefully glitch my way out of the map again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom