• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks but is it always co op against AI or can I play robber while other players are cops? I would like a more team deathmatch feel to it if possible although I'm OK with some strategy. Seems like a LFD with cops and a robbers no?

Purely bank heists and such as far as I know. I don't think you can play as the police force.

Think I'm just going to suck it up and grab Speedrunners. I've been waiting but I don't think it's getting a daily/flash/community. Really want to play it this weekend with my daughter.

Payday 2 is a good mix of shooting and strategy. You can do a whole mission without tripping any alarms, or you can just go in guns blazing.

In my experience with Payday 1, it is almost impossible to not trip an alarm very quickly if you don't know all the maps, etc. Even if YOU do know, in a pub game someone will most likely not. Every match I've played has ended in huge police shootouts.

It's a damn fun game though. I just grabbed Payday 2, but have yet to try it.

Just to be sure, there is no way I will not be locked from the market by loging from a different computer right? My laptop's hard drive died and I wanted to sell the cards. -_-

Chariot

In my experience with Payday 1, it is almost impossible to not trip an alarm very quickly if you don't know all the maps, etc. Even if YOU do know, in a pub game someone will most likely not. Every match I've played has ended in huge police shootouts.

Payday 2 is a lot better in that regard. Scratch that.
Payday 2 is a lot better.

kafiend

Thanks. I've watched my friend play a bit of Tropico 3 and it looked awesome, now that Sim City is dead.

Any other votes as to which Tropico is best?

Tropico 4 is brilliant. Tropico 5 is great also, but is very similar in style and mechanics to 4. Which in my mind is a plus point because I loved the game and its humor. :)

There is plenty of new stuff in Tropico 5 and the main campaign seems to be doing a good job of showing me how it works. I only a few missions into the campaign but its been fun times.

Value for money? Tropico 4 all the way.

Kalypso know how to discount DLC - 85% across the board. I smiled when I saw that, then I realized I owned it all already :)

Edit: You need a Kalypso account for Tropico 4. But not for Tropico 5

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Tropico 5 isn't a daily deal and Tropico 4 with all the DLC is virtually being given away. T4 is a bargain at that price.

I agree, Tropico 4 with all the DLC is the better deal. Also Tropico 5 was dumbed down a lot compared to 4, expect Kalypso to milk it hard with DLC

fallout

Think I'm just going to suck it up and grab Speedrunners. I've been waiting but I don't think it's getting a daily/flash/community. Really want to play it this weekend with my daughter.
Really fun game. The skill level ceiling seems quite high, but newer players can get pretty competitive quickly enough.

KainXVIII

is it any good

stringer is awesome

its awesome!

_1377698412.gif

But this is through the main client with my normal CC, outside of using Enhanced for the $6 credit. I'll try using IE just to see though, thx for the suggestion.

If that doesn't work, I got a reply from Steam when I reported the issue too. this is what they said
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Are you attempting to make the purchase through Steam or with a web browser using the storefront webpage?

If using Steam, try the following:

If using a PC
-Exit Steam, then go to the location that Steam is installed to. By default this is C:\\Program Files\\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
-Delete all of the files except for:
Steam.exe
And the folder \\SteamApps\\

If using a Mac:
-Exit Steam and go to the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam
-Delete all of the files in this folder except for SteamApps.

Restart your computer and test the issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue still persists, try using a web browser (Internet Explorer 7 or higher, or Safari or Firefox if on a Mac) to make the purchase using http://store.steampowered.com/

If it still fails, try logging into your Steam account and making the purchase directly through the Store interface.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

JakeD

Phew, thank god. I'll try to skip it and if not at least there's no extra stuff to install.

Thanks for all the impressions too, people!

you can skip it for tropico 4. they try to make it seem like you can't, but you just have to hit "cancel" if i remember correctly

KJ869

Its more about when the alarm will go off and what tactics you use in that case. Biggest problem for me is the gunplay/polices in this game. They realy should have less polices that are more deadly. Any sense of realness goes out fo the window around the mark you kill youre 30th cop in 5 minutes. No police force is this suicidal. With replanishing shield this game is basicly 3rd person shooter FPS. I realy like It thou. Even if the shooting is bad

BibiMaghoo

Payday 2 is a lot better in that regard. Scratch that.
Payday 2 is a lot better.

They are very different games. The first game is about super tight strategy with your team mates, gold masking is the hardest thing in game I have ever done, it requires perfection from all four of you, and no less, while all using the bags in co-ordination, and finding the best positions to do so.

Payday 2 loses some of this and focuses more on getting the objective done between you, rather than co-operating on each aspect. There are more stealth opportunities - which certainly do require working together - but this is offset a little by having more, samey levels, rather than fewer unique ones.

They are both great, but the first game has something that the second does not, it makes it a tighter experience for the team, rather than just working on something together, if that makes sense.

Red

guise the BattleBlock Theater game.....

tumblr_lj069iQQta1qzc4gi.gif

That laughing bundle was quite the gem purchase for $2.49. I haven't played Castle Crashers yet but I am guessing its good as well.

EDIT: There is also playfire cheevos for both the games for those who may have not known.

CC was one of my favorite XBLA games last gen. It is a lot of fun.

Did anyone catch that Payday price glitch? Did you actually have money added to your steam account for purchasing?

Now my Tropico 4 is completed. I now have every DLC for Tropico 4. Tropico 4 is a fantastic game, great scenarios, do buy it. I'm not touching Tropico 5 till I complete every mission in Tropico 4 (completed the vanilla version, now on to the expansion one and the missions from the DLCs).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Did anyone catch that Payday price glitch? Did you actually have money added to your steam account for purchasing?

Negative priced games can't be bought. It just won't let you complete the order.

yoshizzle

When the price is in the negative, there's no add to cart option. So it's impossible :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO Aftermath -- MB-7E44C405B8325272 - Taken by zephervack
UFO Aftershock -- MB-DB22C1A6230B151D
System Shock 2 -- MB-58AC16BFEA494345 - Taken by Ganzor
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-68FF9C7E007B0E2F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom