• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is secret of the magic crystals legitimately a good game? Also why is no one buying Super House of Deade Ninjas? Game is beyond legit, it's balloobial!

it's better than bad rats.
plus it has horse racing dlc
1054E0F79F73543E294F7AA135BE11F575CCE84F

I've been eyeballing Transistor today. I know it is only 25%, but I was already considering getting it on PS4. Besides talking controllers and flashing lights is there any difference? Nerdy as this sounds, I thought the controller features sounded cool, but I doubt it will go on sale anytime soon on PSN. Decisions, decisions...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I usually don't post about Greenlight games unless I call out really trashy looking ones, but this game looks too good to miss talking about it and I haven't seen anything at all about it on Gaf.

490da5919a3ca2f1b328ca3d8568ccf5_large.gif

Timespinner is currently on Kickstarter and it's already nearing its $50,000 goal after only a few days (it's hovering around $33,000 right now).

- Stop time to evade foes, use them as platforms, and solve puzzles.
- Explore a large connected world with areas such as a medieval castle, a petrified forest, a bustling metropolis, and a space-age laboratory.
- Clobber enemies with Magic Orbs found throughout the world. Every Orb has both a unique melee and ranged-spell attack that grow in power the more you use them.
- Travel through time to different eras across the planet's tumultuous history and reach areas inaccessible in other time periods.
- Upgrade abilities and purchase new ones with Entropy Gems obtained from fallen foes and secret chests.
- Discover hidden areas and treasure through breakable walls and platforming puzzles
- Fight intense boss battles with heavy emphasis on skill, timing, and dodging.
- Adventure alongside companion Familiars such as Meyef, the dream dragon, and more!

Greenlight link.

Here's a thread about it.

It seriously don't bring the framerate down?

Maybe to a locked 30. I only have GTAIV on PC, never seriously played it. I'm speaking of my experience on consoles. I doubt it can get much worse than sub 20s if you can normally run the game at 60fps, for example. Someone else should weigh in on this though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of hidden gems, I'd put my recommendation forward for Prime World: Defenders which is currently $1.99 (80% off).

Prime World: Defenders is a really competent tower defense game with an element of collectible card games like Magic: The Gathering. While it's true that the game can be "grindy" in some spots, for me it hasn't really gotten old even after putting in over 32 hours.

What I'm saying is: it's well worth the $2 if you're a tower defense fan.

Speevy

Banned
So guys...what games have you kind of resigned to not getting during this sale even though you still want them?

Mine are

-Astebreed
-Transistor
-Shovel Knight
-Broforce

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of hidden gems, I'd put my recommendation forward for Prime World: Defenders which is currently $1.99 (80% off).

Prime World: Defenders is a really competent tower defense game with an element of collectible card games like Magic: The Gathering. While it's true that the game can be "grindy" in some spots, for me it hasn't really gotten old even after putting in over 32 hours.

all of this is true

Ragarra

Orcs Must Die 2 - free to a good home.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ragarra:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-E28CF7F5608786C1 - Taken by JoduanER2

Caerith

Thanks for the recommendation. I've wishlisted it for the last day.

BPoole

I usually don't post about Greenlight games unless I call out really trashy looking ones, but this game looks too good to miss talking about it and I haven't seen anything at all about it on Gaf.

490da5919a3ca2f1b328ca3d8568ccf5_large.gif

Timespinner is currently on Kickstarter and it's already nearing its $50,000 goal after only a few days (it's hovering around $33,000 right now).

Greenlight link.

I'll make a thread about it in a few minutes, too.

Whoa, that looks really good. Backing

Sendou

Just to be sure, there is no way I will not be locked from the market by loging from a different computer right? My laptop's hard drive died and I wanted to sell the cards. -_-

I thought that's exactly how you till get locked from the market.

EDIT: Well that's wasn't very recent post.

Kadin

If that doesn't work, I got a reply from Steam when I reported the issue too. this is what they said
Well I appreciate the post. I did that with deleting everything but the file/folder and then even tried IE and it's still not working. I honestly think it has something to do with my account because I can add a CC and buy on my alt account. Have to just wait until I hear back from them.

Nbz

Made my first purchase of the steam sale this year, and it is Octodad! Had 50p in my wallet as well so got it for £3.50 :D

nbthedude

So guys...what games have you kind of resigned to not getting during this sale even though you still want them?

Mine are

-Astebreed
-Transistor
-Shovel Knight
-Broforce

For Me:

Transistor - I bought Shovel Knight instead and think I made the right choice

Might and Magic X - It looks awesome but not a steep discount and the the kind of game I'd really love to play with a controller (which was the deal breaker)

Jazz Punk - I just decided it wasn't worth the price and I'm not even sure it's my thing in terms of humor

Heavy Bullets - Really thought this one looked neat but I have enough to play

Sir, You're Being Hunted - Ditto

Ether One - ditto

But I did pick up a TON of games - Betrayer, Dead Island Riptide, Shovel Knight, Dead Rising 3 (from B/S/T), Witcher 3 (B/S/T), Shadow of Mordor (B/S/T), Strike Vector, Steamworld Dig, Kentuck Route Zero (B/S/T), Space Hulk, Miasmata (gifted to me), Metal Slug (gifted to me), Upepic, Double Dragon Neon, Agarest War (gifted to me), Battleblock Theatre, Talisman Digital, Blackgaurds (B/S/T), Shuggy (free), Marlow Briggs, and Halo: Spartan Assault, Retrograde (gifted to me)

I also gifted several of the above to friends for coop play.

Turfster

kotor 2 one is almost flawless with the hud mod. it's kotor 1 that has issues

True, but since he only said KOTR and said he bought the newegg pack, I'm 95% sure he meant the first one ;)

The release notes for the newest version of REBIRTH says that they changed the midwife to make it scarier again after people criticized older editions of the mod. I think I'll be fine.

I'm not forcing you to listen to me, just giving a warning like the doomsayers of old! ;)

Acccent

What lesson would it teach them? To buy from other retailers and give Valve less money? Very productive.
I'm a big business supporter, and not one of the businesses would ever stop a sale because of whining about said sale if the dollars keep flowing.
You're right. Because Valve does these sales simply from the love in their heart for their consumers and are not benefitting at all from it. They only do it as a favor to all their little steam children.

Also, publishers get to independently decide if their game goes on sale and for how much at any point anyway, so?
So basically a company deciding that its most profitable periods of revenue should be shut down because making money is no longer in its own interest. Why? To teach a whiny "lesson" to groups of its own userbase who it deems to be "whiny" enough to deserve "lessons" at the extreme expense of their own bottom line.

Stop. Please.

huh, I think I utterly failed to get my point across... I'm not saying Valve will stop the sales nor that they should – of course that's not gonna happen ever :p

I'm just saying I find it kinda annoying how everyone in the thread was complaining because some games happen to have received greater discount more than once, or because the discounts are 'only' -25%...

To build on that discussion though, I think it's definitely a possibility that Valve is currently trying to fix the ecosystem they partially damaged with the sales – we all know there's a problem with people never even considering games until they're on sale. It's a complicated issue, and Valve isn't the only one to blame (and of course Steam has also been a huge benefactor to the industry, I'm not saying otherwise), but maybe they're experimenting with ways to dampen the problem by making sales somewhat less 'dramatic', and maybe to make it more of an event focused on the metagame rather than the discount themselves. Someone else mentioned earlier how it would have been better if users gained points by, say, winning in competitive matches in various games; I think that's definitely the kind of thing we might see in the future, things less focused on 'lower prices' but still incentivising sales, to both keep the cash flowing and try to counter the phenomenon where Steam users get 'trained' to wait for sales before buying anything.

Aurarian

Well that's encouraging. I just created a ticket a while back, did it take very long to hear back from them? And was your experience just like I described?

Yep. Except now I'm locked out again for the marketplace. Haven't tried purchasing since nothing really awesome came up today. It's apparently an automated thing from what they told me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Mine are

-Astebreed
-Transistor
-Shovel Knight
-Broforce

I've resigned myself to never acquiring Fading Hearts by this point. Transistor and The Yawhg will be mine by the winter sale.

Majukun

managed to get pretty far in my first run of LLTQ

I died when
a guy invaded me and challenged me to a lumen fight,sicne i almost didn't trained at all in that,i refused the match and died..I almost managed to persuade him,but failed the "presence" check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom