• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Would like to give a thank you to Xeroblade for The Binding of Isaac! Have been wanting this one for years but never managed to pick it up. :)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I usually don't post about Greenlight games unless I call out really trashy looking ones, but this game looks too good to miss talking about it and I haven't seen anything at all about it on Gaf.

490da5919a3ca2f1b328ca3d8568ccf5_large.gif

Timespinner is currently on Kickstarter and it's already nearing its $50,000 goal after only a few days (it's hovering around $33,000 right now).

Greenlight link.

Here's a thread about it.

That looks absolutely fantastic. Backing. (And hope it hits those stretch goals too haha)

managed to get pretty far in my first run of LLTQ

I died when
a guy invaded me and challenged me to a lumen fight,sicne i almost didn't trained at all in that,i refused the match and died..I almost managed to persuade him,but failed the "presence" check

You did well for playing it for the first time.

Tellaerin

huh, I think I utterly failed to get my point across... I'm not saying Valve will stop the sales nor that they should – of course that's not gonna happen ever :p

I'm just saying I find it kinda annoying how everyone in the thread was complaining because some games happen to have received greater discount more than once, or because the discounts are 'only' -25%...

To build on that discussion though, I think it's definitely a possibility that Valve is currently trying to fix the ecosystem they partially damaged with the sales – we all know there's a problem with people never even considering games until they're on sale. It's a complicated issue, and Valve isn't the only one to blame (and of course Steam has also been a huge benefactor to the industry, I'm not saying otherwise), but maybe they're experimenting with ways to dampen the problem by making sales somewhat less 'dramatic', and maybe to make it more of an event focused on the metagame rather than the discount themselves. Someone else mentioned earlier how it would have been better if users gained points by, say, winning in competitive matches in various games; I think that's definitely the kind of thing we might see in the future, things less focused on 'lower prices' but still incentivising sales, to both keep the cash flowing and try to counter the phenomenon where Steam users get 'trained' to wait for sales before buying anything.

Given the revenue spikes companies routinely see during these sales, is there really a problem here that needs to be rectified? I wasn't aware the ecosystem had been "damaged" to any great degree.

Ganzor

Did you grey market it?

Because chubigans made it.
(Also possibly the answer to the second question as well ;)

Dident happen to me, just talked with a couple of friends on vent that got their keys revoked, even some people with the retail copy got it revoked it seems.

Okay, so I'm trying the Tropico 4 demo. What the hell am I doing? Arrow keys move the map, but all other keys are building shortcuts or some other control. How do I see which tasks to complete in the tutorial?

Okay, so I'm trying the Tropico 4 demo. What the hell am I doing? Arrow keys move the map, but all other keys are building shortcuts or some other control. How do I see which tasks to complete in the tutorial?

Everything in tropico can be controlled with just the mouse. Right click on the screen to open the build menu. On thr lower left hamd corener you'll find links to your edicts, charts, etc

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
CSD is legit. In hindsight I'd have paid 15 bucks for it. Best purchase of the last holiday sale.

Caerith

He also worked on Jazz Jackrabbit 2. The man is as cool as someone can be.

I did not know that.

Is there a list of games made by gaffers? I know we have Dust: An Elysian Tail by Noogy, Sequence by Feep, and Cook, Serve, Delicious by chubigans. What am I missing?

Edit: Gunman Clive by beril, for one.

And:
Assault Android Cactus by Paz and others
They Breathe - Kiriku
Love -
Last Knight: Rogue Rider - Davision
NEO Scavenger by dcfedor

Malebolgia (Greenlit) - Dascu

Sendou

I see everyone playing this game. Is this like Bad Rats and Marlow Briggs, an absolute GOTY ? Because it looks like it.

Even ignoring the fact that it's made by a fellow gaffer and worth supporting only because of that it's a great game. Definitely not perfect but I found it pretty addicting. If you don't hate this kind of gameplay (watch some let's plays to see what it is like) then go for it. You won't be disappointed.

I did not know that.

Is there a list of games made by gaffers? I know we have Dust: An Elysian Tail by Noogy, Sequence by Feep, and Cook, Serve, Delicious by chubigans. What am I missing?

+ Gunman Clive made by beril

It's only 1,49€ right now and definitely worth that price.

AHA-Lambda

So guys...what games have you kind of resigned to not getting during this sale even though you still want them?

Mine are

-Astebreed
-Transistor
-Shovel Knight
-Broforce

Obscure 1 and 2
Killer is Dead

Apart from those, I caved in and bought these from gog:

Consortium
Ether One (waiting for a flash sale still)
Broken Age
Always Sometimes Monsters

StAidan

I was just thinking -- in spite of how much I love getting steep discounts courtesy of Steam sales, the reality is that it's probably more in my best interest to buy more games at full price... because then I'd have some remote chance of keeping my backlog small.

Turfster

I did not know that.

My ga... never mind, it's not on PC =p
On a more serious note:
Gunman Clive
Assault Android Cactus
Last Knight:Rogue Rider
LOVE
NEO Scavenger
Malebolgia is on greenlight
StarDiver is on greenlight concepts

There's also quite a few in the Indie Game Dev thread that are close to release or have been released, but just not on Steam.

And last but not least: Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

Vlad

So guys...what games have you kind of resigned to not getting during this sale even though you still want them?

Mine are

-Astebreed
-Transistor
-Shovel Knight
-Broforce

Yeah, I've got a few:

- Fract OSC: Another one that I really like the look of, but I've got too much of a backlog to spend $12 on something that I'm not 100% on.

- Riddick: What the hell? Riddick doesn't even to be on Steam any more? Weird...

- Stanley Parable: Tried the demo, thought it was clever enough, but the lack of any sort of "game"-ness to it makes me balk at the current price.

- Nidhogg: Nobody to play it with IRL and bad word of mouth about its netplay keeps me away, unfortunately.

- Space Engineers: Probably can't run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom