• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't know what all this Bad Rats talk is, but Sub Zero is clearly the best MK Ninja in any of his iterations. This Ed Boon chap doesn't know what he's talking about. What's he ever done, anyway?

Proof 1: He's blue

Proof 2: He's multiple dudes, one of them became an awesome ghost

Proof 3: One time he was a cyborg, and that was hell of lame, proving that original living human tissue Sub Zero is great

Proof 4: He's not Reptile and his name isn't Noob (except for the fact that it kind of is, shut up MK lore)

Proof 5: I said so.

Proof 6: The amazing slipping on floor ice animations

edit: Proof 7: I'm pretty sure Rhaknar's been drunk for hours now, so clearly he can't be trusted

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Most of the others are usually the kind that need keyboards or are just plain awful and are only worth watching videos of the bugs on Youtube.
Ah, so Train Simulator, Euro Truck and Spintires don't have much competition if you take controllers ready into account I guess. Wish there were more that used it.

Altazor

I usually don't post about Greenlight games unless I call out really trashy looking ones, but this game looks too good to miss talking about it and I haven't seen anything at all about it on Gaf.

490da5919a3ca2f1b328ca3d8568ccf5_large.gif

Timespinner is currently on Kickstarter and it's already nearing its $50,000 goal after only a few days (it's hovering around $33,000 right now).

Greenlight link.

Here's a thread about it.

HNNNNGGGHHHHH

this gives me vibes of Chrono Trigger, Megaman, and SOTN all rolled into one. So damn good.

Zafir

So the selling games for keys...are they all laundering money or is there a legitimate reason for using keys?
Well, for the buyer, it's safer. For the seller? It's just another form of currency, since giving wallet funds isn't an option through steam.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
someone talk me out of getting bionic commando 2009 for $2.49. I already know about wifey arm so what else is a con?

WHEEE I'm swinging free and it feels great and the swinging mechanic isn't terrible and now I'm dead because I went past an invisible wall and the entire area you can see is covered by poison fog that won't let you explore but isn't clearly indicated in any way until you're already in it

I had it from Gamefly and only played an hour or two before packing it back in the envelope because the death fog drove me insane.

nexen

In desperation I am deeply considering purchasing Resident Evil: Revelations.

Is it any good? I haven't played much of the RE series.

I loved Dead Space to pieces though. I liked RE4 well enough, but not sure I can deal with tank controls anymore.

I'll give away a game I don't own, but I know many people on GAF are really fond of.
Enjoy my lucky fellow!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Resident Evil 4 -- MB-2C8866B3A0946F8E - Taken by Facism. 59 entrants total.

t1403903641z1.png

Rising_Hei

I loved Dead Space to pieces though. I liked RE4 well enough, but not sure I can deal with tank controls anymore.

Both RE4 and Revelations are nothing compared to the first Dead Space, imo.
But i liked 4 way more than Reve, they still feel so outdated (hell, even RE6 does)

denx

RE4... tank controls... wut.

I'll give away a game I don't own, but I know many people on GAF are really fond of.
Enjoy my lucky fellow!

Speak of the devil, thanks for the giveaway!

Lomax

I bought beat hazard last night and enjoyed the shit out of it for about half an hour before it made me motion sick as hell, I had to go to sleep sitting up with the lights on lol.

Real kick in the face because it was great and I rarely suffered motion sickness before in games (mirrors edge, echochrome). Anyone else struggle with Beat Hazard?

Turn down the intensity a notch or two, at max settings it can be pretty intense. Might want to also check if the fps is just insanely high, I can see that causing strobing issues. Also be sure to play in a fully lit room even though the effect in the dark room is pretty cool, it will definitely mess with your eyes and equilibrium.

rrs

So the selling games for keys...are they all laundering money or is there a legitimate reason for using keys?

Keys are a part of a complicated barter system, but I'd say legit keys volume are of a higher quality than keys of more questionable nature

Welp, just played another 4 hours of Banished. That's 10 hours in less than 24 hours! And my town is up to a population of 60. I'm slowly building up my resources before I push for a population expansion.

nexen

Both RE4 and Revelations are nothing compared to the first Dead Space, imo.
But i liked 4 way more than Reve, they still feel so outdated (hell, even RE6 does)

I've played RE4 on Wii so I have a hard time buying it again.

RE4... tank controls... wut.
tank controls. You can only walk forward or backwards. You have to stop to turn quickly.
As opposed to fps style controls as in Dead Space and most modern 3rd person games. Full strafing. Fairly quick turning. Run and gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom