• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Rats Roulette: Prepare to Die Edition

Alright, you know drill. One of these is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and the rest are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-B844BCE1BA059821
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-883DF61359FFAA1C
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-CBDD593183A447CE - Taken by FtHTiny
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-D06620FCE8D8E167 - Taken by xptoxyz
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-8460A5AF3437F2B8
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-2D06F391B229D5C8

t1403909885z1.png

Zafir

Hi! Been waiting seven years for my account to get activated and it finally did thanks to Stumpokapow.. I added him on Steam and he was kind enough to respond (proof that SteamGAF is best GAF?)

So glad to finally be a part of the GAF community, particularly SteamGAF..

yay!

Wow, that makes the year I had to wait for my account to be activated look like nothing!

Welcome!

Ozium

7 years?! WTF?!

Kept you waiting, huh?

The irony is that I signed up to discuss MGS4...

Oh well, no one can say I'm not patient.

:)

edit: my user id # is 5 digits long, imagine how I felt seeing people added with user id #'s a full decimal point longer lol

Umi88

Hi! Been waiting seven years for my account to get activated and it finally did thanks to Stumpokapow.. I added him on Steam and he was kind enough to respond (proof that SteamGAF is best GAF?)

yay!

wow 7 years.. thats quite some time, welcome to GAF :p!

yay!

7 years?

Welcome brother, be sure to link your steam account to add you.

cicero

Anyone else super disappointed in this sale?

I know I have a bazillion games and I am extremely spoiled but I've been heavily investing myself into Steam sales since the beginning and the drop off in quality is stark to me.
I've spent less than 1/4th on this sale than I've spent on any other (and I track that shit religiously). Usually I have to stop myself from spending too much. This time .. meh.

I'm really just waiting for it to be over now so I can buy off the things I've been waiting on dailies for.
I am in the exact same boat as you. I have spent less during this sale than I have for any other big Steam sale since I started buying in 2008. I have like 450 games in my wishlist too, so it isn't a lack of games I am interested in that is keeping me from finding things worth buying.

tioslash

yay!

Hi there, welcome! :)

StAidan

yay!

Whoa. And I got impatient with 8 months. Welcome.

It only took me a couple of weeks, what's the reason for these insane differences?

I guess they didn't like my email address (even though it wasn't one of the prohibited ones). Eventually I used an email address that was accepted.

Edit: What really sucked was I originally registered so I could post in one of those old "Recreate your favorite scenes from a game in MS Paint" threads and had this Ninja Gaiden painting I made for it. 7 years later they don't do those anymore. :(

SephiZack

yay!

Daaamn, and I thought my month was long

Toki767

yay!

Crap. Member since 2007 with 2 posts!

Helmholtz

Anyone else super disappointed in this sale?

I know I have a bazillion games and I am extremely spoiled but I've been heavily investing myself into Steam sales since the beginning and the drop off in quality is stark to me.
I've spent less than 1/4th on this sale than I've spent on any other (and I track that shit religiously). Usually I have to stop myself from spending too much. This time .. meh.

I'm really just waiting for it to be over now so I can buy off the things I've been waiting on dailies for.
Lets just say I put $25 steam bucks into my account, and I have $17 left. So yeah, kind of disappointing. I was hoping to grab Child of Light and maybe Transistor, but 25% off doesn't excite me. Seems like most of the deep discounts this sale have come up in previous ones, and most new discounts don't seem to be much lower than 50% off. I won a couple games I wanted in giveaways here though, so I'm pretty happy about that. I think I'll just save my remaining steam bucks until winter sale...

mfaex

yay!

7 years holy crap man.

Steam has a Last Remnant demo if people want to try before they buy.

Elija2

yay!

*checks profile*

Goddamn, you sure are patient. But welcome to GAF!

oipic

yay!

Your patience is almost new thread-worthy - 7 years! That is really something.

Welcome aboard, Ozium. :)

Ozium

I'm going to get an avatar and stuff sorted later but now I am too excited!

Please feel free to add me on Steam, Steam name Ozium and my avatar is of the GODDESS Lightning (lol)

also Nintendo fans will appreciate that my NNID is "pleaseunderstand"

denx

yay!

Reading this makes me baffled at the fact that my account got activated in just a week, wow.

Anyways, welcome aboard! Stick around in the regular Steam thread for some good
Salsa Romulan
games discussion. :)

Nabs

lollll just saw the Rust thread. I'm laughing @ all the "Fuck early access!" posts. I'm afraid to keep reading.

yay!

Welcome dude, glad you got activated finally.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

yay!

Welcome! Can't wait to read what you think about MGS4!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

yay!

Welcome, brother.

Turfster

Wait, what happened with rust? It was getting good reviews and i was about to get it next time it went on sale.

It's still a very early access 'game', and by game I mean "psychotic 13 year old sociopath simulator, DayZ style"
(All the whiners totally deserve whatever they got, since it's EA and very clearly stated as 'very early')

Tellaerin

yay!

Welcome, man! Good to have you aboard.

Skyzard

Banned
Steam sales destroyed my concept of money and put me on a dangerous shopping path:

I could tell you the changes, but it basically just looked a lot less crazy a week ago!

Coming down off the hardware to try some of the game things I picked up for this actual thing.

liezryou

It's still a very early access 'game', and by game I mean "psychotic 13 year old sociopath simulator, DayZ style"
(All the whiners totally deserve whatever they got, since it's EA and very clearly stated as 'very early')

Doesn't explain how it went to a decent game into a total shitstorm.

I think they replaced the entire engine or something like that? Anyway this is why I don't do early access.

Why would they do that when the game was doing well?

xewind

yay!

Wow! 7 years o_o.

Welcome dude! Hope you enjoy being part of the community ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom