• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve should really make a Steam credit card. I'd be paying that shit off 4 months after every sale without playing ~10% of the games i just purchased.

Worth it.

rrs

was Knife of Durnwall ever 75% or at least 66%? because I own it and I dont see myself having bought it at 50%, since Ive been waiting for Witches to drop to at least 66% to play both

Don't think it went lower except in the whoops sale

Ozium

Health, afaik.

A little health and a lot of attack power

Equipment and runes are the most gold-efficient way to increase your overall power, but beyond that I'd strongly suggest that you avoid over-expanding your castle and instead focus on core stats (health, attack, equip load) and the advanced version of your base classes (like paladin, barbarian king/queen, assassin) until you get really, really good with those classes. The reason for this is that the classes you have available are randomly drawn from the pool of all unlocked classes, and it's easier to learn the game playing the same handful of classes rather than playing something differently every time.

There is one passive stat that's worth making a beeline, for:
a passive boost to how much gold you find.
It's off to the right and down a bit, beyond spelunker.

Thanks guys, I might have to restart as I wasted my money on buildings.. I've only played for 30 mins or so, so it shouldn't be too much of a bother.

I watched days ago the community sales and there was a pack with broforce and hammerwatch but sadly it didnt win.

broforce is expensive but hammerwatch is 5 bucks right know... is the game fun to play couch co-op with my brother? Im waiting to see it again on a community pack or flash deals, but Im starting to think it will not be, and just jump for it at 5 bucks

Amneisac

The worst part about Steam sales is how so many games ultimately wind up disappointing me. I was really excited to try MGS:Rising, but I guess it's just not my genre or something. I apparently suck at it, and the parry thing is completely foreign to me. I either need super human reflexes or I just don't know what I'm looking for, because I have no idea which way to block for most attacks. I don't know, it's a good looking game, it plays well, I like the action and the story, but I just can't click with the gameplay.

That fucking
dog with the chainsaw on his back
has been fucking me up for about 45 minutes and I have no idea what's happening so I'm done for a while I guess.

Also, Van Helsing II has some bizarre co-op progression shit right now where only the host gets progress, and you can't join a game if you're not at the same place as the host. So my friend and I played, disconnected for literally 30 seconds so I could turn on vsync because it was screen tearing like a mofo, and then he couldn't join my game. This is apparently working as intended somehow, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/272470/discussions/0/540744474872055325/#p3 Here's me talking to the developer about it and I just don't understand what they're doing. They have a planned workaround, but it sounds lame and they keep saying it'll be out and then it isn't.

So those were the two most expensive things I bought and I don't really like either of them.

Risk of Rain is the star of the show so far, that game is so fucking good.

Bad Rats Roulette: Prepare to Die Edition

Alright, you know drill. One of these is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and the rest are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-B844BCE1BA059821 - Taken by LordK. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-883DF61359FFAA1C - Taken by trolho. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-CBDD593183A447CE - Taken by FtHTiny. 15 entrants total.
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-D06620FCE8D8E167 - Taken by xptoxyz. 20 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-8460A5AF3437F2B8 - Taken by ihateyourhat. 23 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-2D06F391B229D5C8 - Taken by JakkuFurosu. 7 entrants total.

t1403909885z1.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Happy Friday!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-F41B39EE80F401C0 - Taken by Majukun

t1403920339z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

I ran out of new gifs. I'm sorry.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm not too crazy about playing transistor right away, so decided to give it away. Also read the RULES

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Ikaruga -- MB-598839253F409433 - Taken by Accoun
Transistor -- MB-7D95ADF03953C271 - Taken by Kirosia

t1403920421z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mokoi has given away more games than he actually owns

Sendou

I'm not too crazy about playing transistor right away, so decided to give it away. Also read the RULES

Nice giveaway. Transistor is just dope. One of the few games I have actually bothered going for the achievements. Battle system is just so versatile it's a joy to play with. Of course they nailed story and OST too.

Caerith

Hey, pink is winning. At least red won't win another day.

In commemoration of pink's imminent triumph...

VXOFTcV.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway uses the universal blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Long Live the Queen -- MB-AFACBC2D7E1CF21B - Taken by zeroOman. 58 entrants total.

t1403974936z1.png

Since US-gaf is now more prominent I'll repost my question from earlier

I just saw Kinetic Void on Community Choice.
Concept is nice. Anyone have impressions?

Or better, what games would you recommend with:
- co-op
- story (even flimsy)
- creativity
- crafting

Actually what I wish for is a co-op one with all players in one big space ship trotting through space and different tasks; Gunner, Pilot, Engineer. Exploring space, fighting other ships.
Which game fits the bill most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom