• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

tKmWf85.jpg

this game...

I beated that game in a no-magic playthrough, with big armies and lots of spies... you know, the manly way.

Chariot

It can be fun.
But the developers are relying on DLCs to add content that should have been in the game or feels that way, and vanilla feels incomplete due to it.
To be fair the most new maps fet added for free. The DLCs have masks and some weaponstuff.

Smash88

Banned
Pretty good sales so far. I'm happy with all the purchases so far. Last day of new deals tomorrow. Then encore and then the wait for the Christmas Sale begins.

Ruruja

Pretty good sales so far. I'm happy with all the purchases so far. Last day of new deals tomorrow. Then encore and then the wait for the Christmas Sale begins.

Then I can finally start going to bed at a more reasonable hour and stop spending money on random games I'll never play just because they're 75% off!

The second one will probably still happen tbh

...(><)

Acccent

Man you non-US people gotta pay attention. I think i've posted i can help like 20 times now. Add me steamcommunity.com/id/xxgozitaxx/

Man but the thread moves so fast! In non-sales threads there usually is a section with the names of people who can help with this... Added you!

Ozium

I'm team blue and its a long shot, but if blue win, and I get to be one of the 30 winners, I win my 3 higher games on my wishlist, does it mean only games? I have dark souls 2 season pass on spot 1. Spots 2 and 3 are games.

Since spot 1 is not a "game". Will I:

1. Win spots 1,2 and 3. Seasons passes, dlc, everything works as a "game".
2. Lose spot 1 and only win spots 2 and 3.
3. Steam will ignore spot 1, and give spots 2,3 and 4.

Does anyone know?

as long as you can add to cart then it should be winnable...

the top 3 'games' in my wishlist are the 3 season PRO packs for pinball arcade for this reason, and I believe for something to even be on your wishlist in the first place it needs the add to cart option, though I may be mistaken on that.

oti

Banned
Just finished Marlow Briggs. That makes 3 games that I finished during this sale. (Versus 20 that I bought and another 20 that I would like to buy but budget budget decisions.)

Marlow Briggs is awesome.

Lomax

I'm team blue and its a long shot, but if blue win, and I get to be one of the 30 winners, I win my 3 higher games on my wishlist, does it mean only games? I have dark souls 2 season pass on spot 1. Spots 2 and 3 are games.

Does anyone know?

Several people have won DLC and Season Passes. Just has to be purchasable on the store.

Hugstable

Banned

Does anyone know?

Thanks for reminding me that Dark Souls 2 has a season pass. Ia each DLC supposed to be 10$ at release so the season pass only saves you 5$? If so I'll just buy then when they come out. Unless it's $15 a DLC, then Season Pass might be necessary

A little less than two hours to go. I might not be around to spam the thread at the less than an hour mark. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shovel Knight -- MB-D6025F0134C2E156 - Taken by Altazor

t1403917864z1.png

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for reminding me that Dark Souls 2 has a season pass. Ia each DLC supposed to be 10$ at release so the season pass only saves you 5$? If so I'll just buy then when they come out. Unless it's $15 a DLC, then Season Pass might be necessary

Yeah, even though it feels stingy and silly to fret over 5 dollars, at 20 dollars I probably would grab the pass since it would allow you to play all the dlc as it releases and effectively get one one them for free. At 25 I'm not in a rush to grab it yet.

oti

Banned
No wait, I finished Octodad (buy that!), Marlow Briggs (buy it twice!), Wizorb (nice) and Castle of Illusion (wonderful). Do I get an award now or something?

BJK

Time to send every member of pink team some sweet chocolates.

Just crafted my summer badge, so 10 points worth of that chocolate better be coming my way.
Note: Bad Rats are not made of chocolate.

Mostly just glad to see Transistor finally get it's daily!

Chariot

My man. Reminds me I need to download my copy of "My Girlfriend is the President or whatever it was called.
I had that and "A drug that makes you dream" in the fakku checkout, but since its US based the shipping are incredible high :/
Where dou you bought it digitally?

Sera O

Banned
Again for the new page.

I'm using the weekly rule to help those who never win stuff, for you are my people. You're free to enter for any/all but you can only win one. Once Binary Domain is claimed, I'll PM/steamgift the winner a code for the Dan Marshall pack DLC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-D5B17B96F19A6439 - Taken by LanceVance. 34 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-55DD266B32D440BC - Taken by onionfrog. 14 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-B9AE0B846413A4E1 - Taken by LGom09. 43 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-1C5EA6E471E3C8E9 - Taken by MadGear. 16 entrants total.
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill -- MB-FF51FD59A2D3EF0B - Taken by Nabs. 50 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-54A3544237A4BAC7 - Taken by C4rter. 9 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-76F42CE0CE5AEEE5 - Taken by Vecks. 6 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-707839B1CFB9394E - Taken by City 17. 8 entrants total.

t1403916986z1.png

Any kind amerigaf willing to do a $4.99 trade? I'd like to grab the Brigamore witches DLC for Dishonoured but it's $7.50 here. Would anyone happen to be buying a game at $5~ who would be willing to exchange gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom