• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
IUGLxFX.jpg

LOL did they really make a game based off her?

Man, Tropico 4 is looking better and better each time I check the site. But I'm pretty sure that it's only looking good by comparison beside the other terrible deals.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It was part of the NSFW bundle on vodo awhile back for like 14 bucks along with some other books and the like.
Though it is in digital here
http://www.jastusa.com/shop/my-girlfriend-is-the-president.html

That fifth picture in that link.

Warning for those of you at work. It's not safe for work.

Yeah, but they don't have an app do they? Most VN's are just standalone .exe's

Hopefully Steam becomes the non-eroge de facto distribution platform in the future.

cicero

I'm not the only one saying this. I mean, it's so obvious you'd have to lack even the slightest distance, and be 100% involved in the practice, to deny it (and, unsurprisingly, the mechanics that Valve puts into place during sales specifically aim to get users to be 100% involved and to lose any distance on the event's implications). But, while I'm annoyed by people who declare the world's end imminent when a game is on sale for the second time, I'm not actually arguing that there's a right or wrong in the sales' influence, because I recognise that I lack that kind of distance; but there's definitely a 'before' and an 'after' the democratisation of Steam sales. Plenty of developers have been complaining about this... you can argue that developers are by definition anti-consumer, but of course it's, like I said before, a very complex issue and not one that I would be able to summarise. But what matters though isn't what's right or wrong, it's that the complaints do exist. That's why I said that it might be possible that Valve's trying to progressively transition their sales towards a kind of event that's less focused on aggressive discounts, and more on the metagame that always accompany them.

Actually, what you specifically said was this, "I think it's definitely a possibility that Valve is currently trying to fix the ecosystem they partially damaged with the sales – we all know there's a problem with people never even considering games until they're on sale. It's a complicated issue, and Valve isn't the only one to blame"

What is your assumption that changing consumer expectations or habits has specifically "damaged" the PC gaming "ecosystem" based on exactly? Where are the direct statements by Valve or developers/publishers that sell on Steam that plainly lay out changed gamer expectations as some kind of systemic damage to the entire PC gaming "ecosystem"? Not to mention the simple fact that it is the publishers/developers that set prices, not Valve. So where are these "plenty of developers" who are complaining about Valve's supposedly damaging effect on PC gaming as a whole due to changed consumer buying habits or expectations?

How about at least elaborating on these "damages" that are taking place. Certainly any damages to the entire PC gaming ecosystem that you assume are already in effect would be seen and proved as a corollary drop in revenue, right?

I think that YOU dislike complaints about Steam deals and dislike heightened consumer expectations regarding huge deals. I think that is where all of this comes from, not any actually visible harm to PC gaming as a whole or any notable relatable decrease in revenue for Valve or the publishers and developers that sell their products through Steam.

Mozendo

To be fair the most new maps fet added for free. The DLCs have masks and some weaponstuff.

Free maps isn't going going to make the game anymore complete.
And the weapons such as grenades and sniper rifles should have been in the base game.

And wouldn't really surprise me if pre-planning was supposed to be in the base game since they went back on their were that safehouse customization was a thing and started to ban people on the forums who brought it up.

Hugstable

Banned
Not until we get Steins Gate, and I'm afraid we aren't getting it, even if it makes no sense not to release it on steam too. (._.)

you are welcome, enjoy!

I really wish they would just release Steins;gate. I don't see any reason not too as I'm sure it would sell quite well on Steam. Same with Higurashi which was supposed to be greenlighted or was greenlighted. I need more VN on steam!

Jawmuncher

Nice, thank you. If only steam would be a tad more open for this :(

In terms or regular VNs it's getting there thanks to greenlight.
As for anything else with even a bit of H in it, we're just gonna have to hold out...though I would argue that some AAA games have done worse than what is shown in these games depending of course.

Is this an actual good VN? I know nothing about it besides seeing it on JAST USA all the time.

Have only played a bit of it before the bundle purchase.
But I would say if the premise intrigues you than it's something you'll more than likely enjoy.

kierwynn

A little over an hour left, so going to repost once for anyone who may have missed it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-288D820E1EC03593 - Taken by mannerbot. 86 entrants total.

t1403916495z1.png

Chariot

Loren the Amazon Princess is pretty NSFW. It's censored on steam but the dev said there's a way you can patch it to make it unadulterated.
Yeah, but it would be nice if steam acvepted them by default. I mean there are adult games on steam!
In terms or regular VNs it's getting there thanks to greenlight.
As for anything else with even a bit of H in it, we're just gonna have to hold out...though I would argue that some AAA games have done worse than what is shown in these games depending of course.
I agree.

Can I get some help?
So, this has never happened to me before with GFWL, but here we go:

I installed DS and DSFix, and it worked fine. A few days later I couldn't sign in to it, as it was saying my Xbox Live email and password were wrong. Nothing seemed to be wrong, as I could sign into my 360 and the website just fine. I uninstalled the Marketplace client and the redistributable and reinstalled them with fresh ones from the website. That just made the game crash on startup. Verifying cache had the same results, so I reinstalled the game. Now it starts, but GFWL does not work or appear at all. I basically de-GFWLized the game somehow.

Does anybody know how to fix it? Windows 8.1 if it matters.

LuuKyK

I actually had to look up some video of Ikaruga to know what it was. Never heard of it before. A lot of people seems to love it in here.

How is Transistor compared to Bastion? I thought that Bastion was kind of boring. Is Transistor the same? Do you just keep fighting the same blobs over and over again?

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
A little over an hour left, so going to repost once for anyone who may have missed it!

Wow, great giveaway! I already have it and have 10+ hours playing but its a fucking great game (and made by a gaffer of course). Everyone needs this!

How is Transistor compared to Bastion? I thought that Bastion was kind of boring. Is Transistor the same? Do you just keep fighting the same blobs over and over again?

In Transistor, you can enter a planning mode, move around and/or set your action commands, then execute the commands. Very similar to Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 in that each command has a cost which is subtracted from an action bar. And you can mix and match your skills, as well as use skills to add modifiers to your other skills. Thousands of different combinations!

I really love Transistor, the combat was a joy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I am so bad at shmups. ;-; I always die like instantly. I dont even know why I keep trying them honestly.

I feel the same about Resident Evil REVELAITONS, but its so not happening. :(

Revelations I got it like for 8 bucks by trading :3

In Transistor, you can enter a planning mode, move around and/or set your action commands, then execute the commands. Very similar to Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 in that each command has a cost which is subtracted from an action bar.

That certainly sounds more interesting than the shallow combat in Bastion. I'll check out some gameplay videos.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is that because the publisher won't put it on Steam? The handful of VNs that are on Steam seem to be doing rather well.

According to a tweet from Jast, they said they were "working on it," so it might come to Steam eventually.

They did say that they "couldn't promise anything," though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom