• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera O

Banned
While we're on the topic. Have you played Juniper's Knot it's a short novel with amazing artwork. You should check it out because it is free.

Do you think that the Dysfunctional Systems VN is similar (seems to be made by the same dev)? I was curious about that, but should probably try this first since it's no risk. It would at least give me an idea of whether the writing grabs me.

Biochet

So many giveaways. Voted for Atmospheric - Horror since I'm gunning for Amnesia.

spock_slap.gif

but rogue legacy ;_;

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well, ModBot so far has had 165,000 entries over about 23,000 giveaways; if I could have charged $1 per ModBot entry the way the lottery charges...

ModBot has been used to give away 23,000 games? Holy hell. I know the great majority are probably cheap, bundles, and bad rats, but that's impressive.

Wookieomg

Anyone want to recommend me/steer me away from Resident Evil: Revelations and/or Resident Evil 6? Considering picking up both, kinda had an itch for action-y/horror-y games lately. Still haven't gotten around to playing the best of the bunch though (RE4), so I'm not sure if I should just wait till another sale or not.

Any thoughts?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Well, ModBot so far has had 165,000 entries over about 23,000 giveaways; if I could have charged $1 per ModBot entry the way the lottery charges...

By the way, good job with the modbot programming. It's pretty cool that it can handle all of that!

Give me your verdicts on Fear Collection, Resu, and Octodad Dadlist Catch.

The Fear collection is worth it for that cheapo price, really good horrorish FPS the expansions are OK they have there moments. Fear 2 is a good sequel if you want to grab that as well, Fear 3 is shit, I never finished it though so i have gotten better later in the game.

Card Boy

Banned
Has anyone here actually won something on SteamGifts? :O The odds of winning there are pretty insane,

only way to win at Steam gifts is private giveaways or giveaways that have a contribution requirement worth of games donated, the higher the amount the better your chances. Fuck ever trying to do the no requirement ones. You get like 1000 to 4000 entries on those.

So I just pulled the trigger on System Shock 2, are there any mods that would be considered 'essential'? I'm up for pretty much anything except maybe super modern looking model replacements.

Mokoi

Banned
Do you think that the Dysfunctional Systems VN is similar (seems to be made by the same dev)? I was curious about that, but should probably try this first since it's no risk. It would at least give me an idea of whether the writing grabs me.

Only the art style is the same. I haven't finished Dysfunctional, but the writing seemed to be pretty good. However, I'm not really qualified to know what is good writing actually is. Just know if your getting it just for the artwork like I did. Episode 2 is going to have a different artist since Doomfest the artist behind the first game is not going to be working on it.

Anyone want to recommend me/steer me away from Resident Evil: Revelations and/or Resident Evil 6? Considering picking up both, kinda had an itch for action-y/horror-y games lately. Still haven't gotten around to playing the best of the bunch though (RE4), so I'm not sure if I should just wait till another sale or not.

Any thoughts?

Do not buy RE6. There are some cultists who believe it's secretly the best shooter/action game ever made - do not listen to them. They are wrong and smell bad. It's a bad horror game and a bad shooter.

RE:R is pretty good. It's not revolutionary (or revelatory) but it is a fairly solid RE game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Only the art style is the same. I haven't finished Dysfunctional, but the writing seemed to be pretty good. However, I'm not really qualified to know what is good writing actually is. Just know if your getting it just for the artwork like I did. Episode 2 is going to have a different artist since Doomfest the artist behind the first game is not going to be working on it.

The writing in Dysfunctional Systems is great, it's just really short at around 2 hours long.

Chariot

What hppened anyway? I read that they parted way while looking at the kickstarter, but I don't think I grasped the details.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot has been used to give away 23,000 games? Holy hell. I know the great majority are probably cheap, bundles, and bad rats, but that's impressive.

11 months 2 weeks
Games submitted to ModBot (including errors, duplicates, tests, etc): 25,584
Games claimed successfully: 23,644
Number of entry PMs: 164,451
Number of users who have PMed ModBot: 4,056
Number of users who have won at least one game: 2,160
Number of users who have given away at least one game: 1,321

Most common giveaways*:
1) Bastion
2) Mark of the Ninja
3) Thomas Was Alone
4) Dead Space