• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue-kun

Contributing to the statistics, then...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-E67A644F6615DD66 - Taken by LordK. 3 entrants total.

t1403916424z1.png

I would just do that, RE4 is a very long game and it has the benefit of being the best in the series. All of the Resident Evil games are pretty different outside of 5 which is a less interesting, confined version of 4.

Best in the series after RE 2 and RE remake. hehe seriously this re talk is amusing. I've been a fan since number 2 (hence why I believe it's the best as I never played 1 in it's original form) and so far I have enjoyed RE4, RE Rev and RE 5, but they are all different games and take the series in slightly different directions. They are all more action focused than the old classics, but they all offer varying degrees of resident evilness in their own ways.

The solution to potential buyers? Get them all! or watch gameplay videos and decide whether you like the looks of how they play.

Articalys

11 months 2 weeks
Games submitted to ModBot (including errors, duplicates, tests, etc): 25,584
Games claimed successfully: 23,644
Number of entry PMs: 164,451
Number of users who have PMed ModBot: 4,056
Number of users who have won at least one game: 2,160
Number of users who have given away at least one game: 1,321

Most common giveaways*:
1) Bastion
2) Mark of the Ninja
3) Thomas Was Alone
4) Dead Space
5) Mirror's Edge
6) Fez
7) Little Inferno
8) FTL

Number of dollars charged: 0
Number of ads shown: 0
Number of companies I've sold user data to: 0
92.4% of keys being properly claimed over that number of entries seems like a pretty good percentage.

liezryou

The people want more Alan Wake. I just hope Remedy is listening to their cries...

Wasn't alan wake 90% off last sale? Hmmm and all the other games that have been cheaper in recent sales going up in price this sale. ...HAS STEAM GOTTEN SMARTER ABOUT THEIR PRICE/SALE FLOORS? *GASP*

Kanokare

Just did level 2 of Typing of the Dead. Only got 56th place, probably because of that 1 mistake I had but I think it was a really good run so I'll upload that. Dat acting tho...

Nabs

Fuck yes. I'm going to buy Alan Wake when it goes on sale.
How? The odds are terrible. I gave up long ago, won one game and it turned to out to only be the beta.

I won one game. It was worth a dollar, and the guy who gifted it hounded me to play it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a quick reminder!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-F41B39EE80F401C0 - Taken by Majukun

t1403920339z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

jblank83

Wasn't alan wake 90% off last sale? Hmmm and all the other games that have been cheaper in recent sales going up in price this sale. ...HAS STEAM GOTTEN SMARTER ABOUT THEIR PRICE/SALE FLOORS? *GASP*

Publishers/Developers are setting their own sale prices now. Valve used to pitch sale prices and would push for drastic sales.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it strange that there's really only one dialogue branch in the entire episode, but that the branch itself is a series of logical arguments to state your case so it was pretty good.

That was my main sticking point with it. The only branching dialogue tree comes in near the end, and that's really it. Then you get one of two endings.

The game's music is great, the art is really good, the writing was really great and the few characters in the game felt endearing. But it sort of felt like there was some cut content due to time/funding constraints or something, as if there was supposed to be more to the narrative than what the final product was.

It's still good, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's a lot of unclaimed games just waiting for Modbot scavengers to snatch them up.

I periodically raffle off all the unclaimed junk in the system to catch things up and in the past it's mostly been 50% junk 25% actual unclaimed steam stuff 25% desura/origin turds sitting in the system forever. I would expect an unclaimed game raffle for everything that's been unclaimed up to around last month or so, and when I post it I'll post a warning in the Steam thread a few hours before and then post a thread in Gaming with all the unclaimed stuff.

UncleBiz

I periodically raffle off all the unclaimed junk in the system to catch things up and in the past it's mostly been 50% junk 25% actual unclaimed steam stuff 25% desura/origin turds sitting in the system forever. I would expect an unclaimed game raffle for everything that's been unclaimed up to around last month or so, and when I post it I'll post a warning in the Steam thread a few hours before and then post a thread in Gaming with all the unclaimed stuff.

The junky yard sale of leftover humble bundle games

That was my main sticking point with it. The only branching dialogue tree comes in near the end, and that's really it. Then you get one of two endings.

The game's music is great, the art is really good, the writing was really great and the few characters in the game felt endearing. But it sort of felt like there was some cut content due to time/funding constraints or something, as if there was supposed to be more to the narrative than what the final product was.

It's still good, though.

I suggest you take a look at the steam page for it, under about the game

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Redneck Racers this is fucking garbage -- MB-04BF23680866E096 - Taken by liezryou

Ugh, starting to feel those steam sale blues already. When will I find the time to play these games, I already had so many to play, I own all the other consoles with backlogs on those........I've made a huge mistake ;-;

the Alan Wake oversaturation surely means Quantum Break is coming to PC right?
Two years from now sure.

liezryou

I finally broke 100 games. Don't know what game was my 100th or when it even happened. :-(

what have u made me gaf

Ahaha, I think 100 games is where the addiction is just about to kick in. I remember my 100 games mark like it was yesterday. MORE GAMES i kept telling myself... Still do...

Sera O

Banned
One more time before it ends in 10mins:

I'm using the weekly rule to help those who never win stuff, for you are my people. You're free to enter for any/all but you can only win one. Once Binary Domain is claimed, I'll PM/steamgift the winner a code for the Dan Marshall pack DLC.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-D5B17B96F19A6439 - Taken by LanceVance. 34 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-55DD266B32D440BC - Taken by onionfrog. 14 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-B9AE0B846413A4E1 - Taken by LGom09. 43 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-1C5EA6E471E3C8E9 - Taken by MadGear. 16 entrants total.
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill -- MB-FF51FD59A2D3EF0B - Taken by Nabs. 50 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-54A3544237A4BAC7 - Taken by C4rter. 9 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-76F42CE0CE5AEEE5 - Taken by Vecks. 6 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-707839B1CFB9394E - Taken by City 17. 8 entrants total.

t1403916986z1.png

Cody_D165

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Redneck Racers this is fucking garbage -- MB-04BF23680866E096

loooooool

Haunted

Better live up to this promise. It is legally binding now that you've won.
wowowow

I was joking, but that actually ended up happening.

Thanks DrEvil! Downloading now... let's see how much I remember from back when I first played this classic! (definitely won't be able to even come close to finishing it, though :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom