• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

By the way, when the same ModBot raffle is requoted multiple times, which post actually gets edited when it's over to show the winner + number of entrants? The original or the most recent?

From what I can tell from looking at mine, the most recent one I posted was edited to show the winner and not the first one.

Levyne

Banned
Phew, I really need to take a break from Age of Empires II but it feels so good:

zF84w3Y.png

Building an army on Monks is amazing, love it.

The_Monk
(Today, 08:56 PM)

Zantar

Neo Member
So I'm probably going to bite the bullet and buy DMC4 at some point before the sale is over.

I've heard that the port of DMC3 is awful on PC - is it still playable? Dunno if it's worth getting the bundle with them both if DMC3 is unplayable.

Also do people recommend playing them with an xbox360 controller or kb+m?

Your own avatar is reflected in the Polaroid.

Huh?

I find even minor praise for Revelations nearly incomprehensible outside of Raid mode which is hurt by the combat. It has no real puzzles outside of turning valves, it's loaded with tons of forced combat scenarios where you have to kill dozens of enemies which would be acceptable if they hadn't simplified the combat so much. At the very beginning of the game there is some attempt at maintaining tension with Rachel but it's very quickly abandoned. It's just a mediocre action game with nothing in common with the original games and none of the great things that RE4/6 brought to the table.

Seems like we agree about RE6?

So yeah, I don't know.

RE 6 has a laughable story, yes... but the combat is the best of the series.

What RE game doesn't?
From Jill sandwiches to boulder punching roid rage...

gngf123

So I'm probably going to bite the bullet and buy DMC4 at some point before the sale is over.

I've heard that the port of DMC3 is awful on PC - is it still playable? Dunno if it's worth getting the bundle with them both if DMC3 is unplayable.

I highly recommend the 360 controller.

Jawmuncher

Im really intrigued on this rumored RE successor to revelations.
If it's true Capcom has their work cut out for them if they're trying to please everyone.

I like all the games but i'll take the 4-6 over 1-3 any day.

Articalys

Phew, I really need to take a break from Age of Empires II but it feels so good:

zF84w3Y.png

Building an army on Monks is amazing, love it.
I was worried for a sec that they didn't make a wololo reference, but I see they already did that for the first conversion achievement.

Ruruja

Well, since I don't really need it now, may as well wait I suppose. Was mostly curious if it was done big worthwhile step up or not.

I would say no, it isn't too different to 2012. I see F1 games as similar to FIFA/PES, in that there's little reason to buy an older version as it's "out of date" but your views may differ.

I would wait for 2014, as with the vast rule changes the game promises to be very different.

Turfster

Flash
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 75% off
  • LA Noire 83% off
  • Spacebase 9 66% off
  • Typing of the Dead Overkill 66% off
Community choice
  • Dead Space 75% off
  • Alan Wake 85% off Yes. Again...
  • Outlast 75% off Yes. Again...
  • Amnesia a Machine For Pigs 75% off Yes. Again..
Community votes
Pack 1: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Substance Designer 4 50% off
  • Fusion 75% off
  • Fuse 80% off
  • Raysupreme 75% off
Pack 2: LOLOLOLOLOL
  • Music Creator 6 75% off
  • Play Claw 50% off
  • Liquid Rhythm 50% off
  • MorphVox Pro 75% off

onionfrog

Thanks for Mark of the Ninja, Sera O!

EDIT: Dafuq at this community vote! They couldn't have brought back arcade or fighting games instead?

I thought you saying to not believe our lies :p

No no no, not to believe the filthy lies coming out of TheSeks. :p

Damn skippy!

Probably?
No.
You do it.
You do it NOW.

And the DMC3 port is moddable to be much better than the initial state of the port.
It definitely requires modding from everything I've found out about it though.

What? I could've sworn the current flash sales was just on the community sales!

How about something different, LoL!

Still waiting for Killer is Dead! :(

Kind of disappointing sales this summer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom