• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last bump from me, less than 30 minutes left...

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shovel Knight -- MB-D6025F0134C2E156 - Taken by Altazor. 226 entrants total.

t1403917864z1.png

Is Alan Wake worth it? Somehow I haven't bought it in a previous sale.

It's a bit repetitive but I think it's short enough to not overstay its welcome and the presentation is gorgous with some great atmospheric effects. The writing isn't great but its self-aware in a fun and not annoying way for the most part.

And I get confused when people repost their giveaways, suppose that means I should enter in less of them though :p

So, uh, I just bought System Shock 2 since I've never played it.

I also bought four copies of Defy Gravity for their cards.

I figured that one deed balanced out the other.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
thisisneogaf.gif. lol fuuuuu. Hm, I played RE1, RE2, and RE3 back in the day and really enjoyed them. Haven't played any of the series from 4 onwards though, but like i said, kinda have the itch. Haha, I might just stick with RE4 for now and pick up Rev and 6 later.

Play Revelations, avoid 6. 6 is terrible.

And yes, I have played Biohazard 0-6 and CVX. 6 matches CVX in being terrible.

marrec

Banned
Play Revelations, avoid 6. 6 is terrible.

And yes, I have played Biohazard 0-6 and CVX. 6 matches CVX in being terrible.

RE 6 is amazing.

Don't play 1-3, they're terrible. The controls and camera are clunky and the 'scares' weren't very scarey in the 1990s much less today.

RE 4-6 are much better than anything released before then.

Articalys

By the way, when the same ModBot raffle is requoted multiple times, which post actually gets edited when it's over to show the winner + number of entrants? The original or the most recent?

Vibranium

Banned
RE 6 is amazing.

Don't play 1-3, they're terrible. The controls and camera are clunky and the 'scares' weren't very scarey in the 1990s much less today.

RE 4-6 are much better than anything released before then.

But aren't you forgetting REmake and Zero (though the latter is not as good)?

RE2 is also still awesome, even without a proper remake of its own.

Ugh, starting to feel those steam sale blues already. When will I find the time to play these games, I already had so many to play, I own all the other consoles with backlogs on those........I've made a huge mistake ;-;

Two years from now sure.

I already had a steam backlog before the sale began.
Still. Only bought one game so far ( LLTQ ). Not much interesting besides that.

marrec

Banned

But really though, RE 1-3 were okay for their time but are VERY dated and should be avoided.

The only reason anyone recommends them anymore is pure nostalgia.

It's okay to be blinded by that, I still enjoy bad things from my youth too.

I find even minor praise for Revelations nearly incomprehensible outside of Raid mode which is hurt by the combat. It has no real puzzles outside of turning valves, it's loaded with tons of forced combat scenarios where you have to kill dozens of enemies which would be acceptable if they hadn't simplified the combat so much. At the very beginning of the game there is some attempt at maintaining tension with Rachel but it's very quickly abandoned. It's just a mediocre action game with nothing in common with the original games and none of the great things that RE4/6 brought to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom