• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the Dead Space 1 PC port? I already have the game on 360 but wouldn't mind grabbing it on PC for another playthrough.

I always get scared with EA games when I see this shit:
It's capped at 30fps if you use in-game Vsync, so turn it off in-game and force it through your driver control panel to get 60fps or higher. Otherwise there weren't any problems with it that I saw.

yami4ct

Anyone know someone who won games in the daily team competition?

What are the odds on that? They have to be miniscule.

You have to actually contribute points to the winning team to get an entry, so that has to cut the number of possible entrants down quite a bit. Add in the 2nd and 3rd place winners and you increase the likelihood even more, but I'm sure the odds still don't come near 1%.

pZXPxma.png

xheRJRF.gif

I don't get what the big deal is. So what if one 8 hour window out of an 11 day period is devoted to highlighting something a little different especially when it is still a tiny portion of all deep discounts available to purchase at that time.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't get what the big deal is. So what if one 8 hour window out of an 11 day period is devoted to highlighting something a little different especially when it is still a tiny portion of all deep discounts available to purchase at that time.

Because "hurr durr mah games" apparently.

Oh wow I won dark souls. Thank you so much Sera O! It's much appreciated

Anyway GAF I've never played a dark souls game

Can anyone give me some tips for a noob who's not very good at games anyway?

I'm getting prepared to die over and over again

user237

I'd guess there were about 300,000 points scorers on the red team yesterday when they won (yeah I'm making this up).

There are 30 winners so they got a 1-in-10000 chance of winning 3 games.

If there are 500 neogaf members playing the game and 100 are on the red team, we should have about 1-in-100 chance of having a neogaf member win 3 games, on any particular day.

As you can see, this analysis is highly scientifical and should probably be used as the basis for gambling decisions.

Dambrosi

Banned
That community vote is.....erm......yeah.
Yeah, that's really...something. Voted for Animation since I'm a graphics dude, but I'm not actually buying any of them. Why would I buy work tools on Steam? Keep work and play separate, I say.

Bought Ys Oath and Origins as my first Steam games. Currently mulling over whether I should bother with Fortune Summoners.
Excellent first choices, you'll have fun with those. As for Fortune Summoners, it doesn't run too well on Windows 7 and 8 (severe framerate issues), but there are some fixes for that.

nexen

Yeah, I'm just chasing the dragon.
This sale isn't just repeating the same discounts over and over again.
This sale doesn't have significantly fewer bone cutting discounts on newer games.
This sale isn't repeating the same damn discounts we've seen a million times before.
This sale hasn't completely had its thunder stolen by the likes of Amazon, GMG, and countless bundles with deeper, earlier discounts.
Just me chasing the dragon. Yup.

End of an era. *Pours out 40*

Shields up, advance with caution.

Other than that just learn from the many mistakes you'll make.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Man I was fine with not buying anything more on Steam today/tonight and they had to put Typing of the Dead up... damn it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
  • The Typing of The Dead: Overkill
  • Strike Vector
  • Shovel Knight
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Bioshock Infinite Season Pass ROW
  • Lifeless Planet Steam Store and Retail Key
  • Tomb Raider ROW
  • BattleBlock Theatere
  • Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
  • The Swapper
  • Ikaruga
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

My haul so far.

Turfster

I managed to block myself completely within the first 5 minutes of Steamworld Dig.
This must be a new record, and is bad if it happens in your tutorial =p

You know, I get that Steam wants to expand into non-gaming software, but I feel like in doing so they should promote it separately. Give software its own sale or, even, give it a special showcase area within the overall Steam sale. Kind of sucks that we get no community-picked games on sale in 7 hours.

I managed to block myself completely within the first 5 minutes of Steamworld Dig.
This must be a new record, and is bad if it happens in your tutorial =p
I didn't think this was possible. Did... did you do this on purpose?

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I'm just chasing the dragon.
This sale isn't just repeating the same discounts over and over again.
This sale doesn't have significantly fewer bone cutting discounts on newer games.
This sale isn't repeating the same damn discounts we've seen a million times before.
This sale hasn't completely had its thunder stolen by the likes of Amazon, GMG, and countless bundles with deeper, earlier discounts.
Just me chasing the dragon. Yup.

End of an era. *Pours out 40*

Just like Winter 2013, Summer 2013, Winter 2012, Summer 2012.

Sajjaja

There's about 30 threads on this topic. You could check one of those out.

Turfster

I didn't think this was possible. Did... did you do this on purpose?

Kinda. I dug away pretty much everything when going down to the lever, so when I had to get back up and to the right, I was blocked by this huge gaping canyon =p
Nothing tells you you're supposed to get back to the other side, tho, so I can't be the only person to do this.

onionfrog

Don't look at any wikis or anything. Just go in completely blind.
The best souls experience

EDIT: Also, install DSFix asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom