• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambition

I've put about 3-4 hours into it so far. It is FANTASTIC. It hearkens back to old-school 2D platforming goodness like early Mega Man, but combines elements of such greats as Super Mario Bros. 3 overworld. It also has RPG elements with equipment upgradeability and various items you can use a la Zelda/Mega Man.

There's a good story to it though it's not the pillar of the game; the gameplay is where it shines. And the music... Oh my god the music. Godtier stuff there. I'm considering buying the soundtrack after I beat the game because it's just that good. And I personally never buy soundtracks for games.

I definitely recommend it! And congrats on becoming a full-fledged member. :)

Thanks for this, sounds great; I watched a review, and the impression I got from it was Zelda, Megaman, and Mario had a baby, haha.
And thanks :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you post a list

fq53QL6.jpg

tumblr_inline_n3pyclaUfp1qzwjsj.gif

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
1. Clyde
2. Token
3. Stan
4. Bradley
5. Leroy
6. Jason
7. Kenny
8. Tweek
9. Kevin
10. Jimmy
11. Butters
12. Craig
13. Timmy
14. Francis
15. Cartman
16. Kyle

inky

Do we think Adventure Cards will skyrocket in price on the final day or is selling now a good idea?

The other way around most likely. I think it has happened before already. They spike a bit and as soon as it happens people flood the market and it crashes until they reach like <.10 coming into the final hours.

Salsa

of course the cards will crash, they disappear after the sales, people will take cents rather than nothing

whoever didnt sell on the first days lost a chance at quite a few potential bucks

selling now and making the badge on the last day is what people have been saying since the start

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't see why they have to show your friends what you just bought. It's like you could get on and harass other people for what they buy. I have some of those non-gamer/gamer people who play MMOs and RTS and it's like I'm going to get harassed by them whenever I chose to buy a game. I'm not new to this by any means, but it's f*cking annoying. It's like showing people what's in your bag when you leave the store. I've done that once for a guy, but it was games they couldn't take (imports, etc).

I bought Bloodlines and it's like everyone can see it. I've owned it before, but damn.

I wonder if the last day of this Steam sale, everything goes back up in price aside from the repeat dailies, just like it was during the past Winter sale. Tomorrow may be the last chance to score any unadvertised deals.

dot

hi guys here's my list

• sanic #1
  • amy
  • crocodile guy
  • espio (who is this???)
  • knuckles #rekt
oh oops wrong list, that was my prediction of the teams on the last day.

Echoplx

of course the cards will crash, they disappear after the sales, people will take cents rather than nothing

whoever didnt sell on the first days lost a chance at quite a few potential bucks

selling now and making the badge on the last day is what people have been saying since the start

The last sale that had card expiration dates the prices gradually dropped over the course of the sale but stayed mostly the same on the last day.

I was salty because I was hoping for a crash but it never came.

Salsa

The last sale the had card expiration dates the prices gradually dropped over the course of the sale but stayed mostly the same on the last day.

I was salty because I was hoping for a crash but it never came.

well I consider it a crash if you compare first day to last

just a gradual one

And this is part of the reason I was so pissed about that random ban for getting a refund...

--

Here's a new webm in the "Let's laugh at Frost" series, showcasing a little bit of Luftrausers:
http://a.pomf.se/ulrfqs.webm

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh fine. My haul so far, including gifts, bundles and Modbot wins:

(Links are to my Steam reviews of said games)

RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition (MB)
SteamWorld Dig
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) (MB)
LYNE (gift)
Delver
Dinner Date (gift)
Bad Rats (gift)
Tidalis (gift)
Grimind (MB)
Ludwig (IG)
Kill Fun Yeah (IG)
Arcane Worlds (MB)
SOL: Exodus (MB)
Betrayer
Unepic
Defy Gravity (I don't know where I got this, not ModBot though)
Marlow Briggs

That's actually a pretty cool haul, especially the Witcher 3 preorder. Thanks again to Mokoi for that!

onionfrog

If I hadn't looked up some guides I would had quit Dark Souls at the Undead Burg so fuck that.
I think people underestimate how much of a culture shift D Souls can be for certain types of gamers.
I guess I should say, don't look things up before you start playing.
I mean, if you get stuck you could consult a wiki or ask someone on GAF, but don't look up all kinds of shit beforehand.
Like the Drake Sword, which is a crutch which will only hurt you later on in the game if you rely on it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
hi guys here's my list

• sanic #1
  • amy
  • crocodile guy
  • espio (who is this???)
  • knuckles #rekt
oh oops wrong list, that was my prediction of the teams on the last day.
You should make a list of what makes Sanic so hawt!!!

yami4ct

This might be the first steam sale I actually get all the cards without resorting to the marketplace. Every other sale, I end up with a bunch of the same 2-3 cards over and over. This time, I've gotten 7/10 so far. Kind of neat.

Salsa

*everyone saying don't do a list*

"oh FINE since everyone's doing it"

who are you guys kidding you just wanna post it you fuckers

Mono

Oh fine. My haul so far, including gifts, bundles and Modbot wins:

(Links are to my Steam reviews of said games)

RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition (MB)
SteamWorld Dig
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) (MB)
LYNE (gift)
Delver
Dinner Date (gift)
Bad Rats (gift)
Tidalis (gift)
Grimind (MB)
Ludwig (IG)
Kill Fun Yeah (IG)
Arcane Worlds (MB)
SOL: Exodus (MB)
Betrayer
Unepic
Defy Gravity (I don't know where I got this, not ModBot though)
Marlow Briggs

That's actually a pretty cool haul, especially the Witcher 3 preorder. Thanks again to Mokoi for that!

Dat bad rats

V4TwWJM.gif

AsylumX

My list so far:

Risk of Rain
Last Remnant
Shadowrun Returns
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
Torchlight II
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Plus (MB)

rtcn63

My list of of game characters that I would like to make love to:

- Freddie Fish
- Everyone in that Castle game
- The monocled Owl from King's Quest
- James Bond Jr. (If were he a woman)
- The Joker (Also if he were a woman, and with Harley Quinn)
- Is there a Facts of Life game? Because Natalie, yep, would shtup.

Turfster

*everyone saying don't do a list*

"oh FINE since everyone's doing it"

who are you guys kidding you just wanna post it you fuckers

I should get a SteamGAF sheriff badge or something, so people will listen to me! =p
(Nobody ever listens to me, even though I'm almost always right)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom