• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the VN and VN hybrids that I've played that are currently available on Steam, Long Live the Queen is the best of them. Dysfunctional Systems Ep.1 is a promising start but needs a little work that I'm confident will be accomplished with the next game. Heileen is sort of bad. Planet Stronghold is not good.

I've heard really great things about Cinders, though I haven't bought it yet. Go! Go! Nippon is supposed to be a decent introduction to the genre, still haven't played it yet. World End Economica is supposed to be good too. Cheery Tree High Comedy Club is supposed to be good too. The Analogue games have gotten a lot of praise.

Narcissu 1st and 2nd are free and supposed to be great. And filled with feels.

There's more coming out in the future too, like fault milestone 1.

I'd suggest waiting with Narcissu.

Early Access box said:
Also we are still doing script work which will occasionally break save files.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's broforce's time to shine on the flash sale.

you have no idea how right you were

oh wait maybe you do

I don't care about Quantum Break, I just want a Mr. Scratch spinoff!

Yes, I would give all of my money for it. Alan Wake 2, Mr. Scratch's Bad Day, anything just please

I still need to finish the DLC for this. I absolutely loved the game though.

felt eh towards The Signal, loved The Writer, American Nightmare was excellent despite the gimmick. Really cleaned up the combat, which makes me sad we might not see an AW2 for a very long time

Chariot

Of the VN and VN hybrids that I've played that are currently available on Steam, Long Live the Queen is the best of them. Dysfunctional Systems Ep.1 is a promising start but needs a little work that I'm confident will be accomplished with the next game. Heileen is sort of bad. Planet Stronghold is not good.

I've heard really great things about Cinders, though I haven't bought it yet. Go! Go! Nippon is supposed to be a decent introduction to the genre, still haven't played it yet. World End Economica is supposed to be good too. Cheery Tree High Comedy Club is supposed to be good too. The Analogue games have gotten a lot of praise.

Narcissu 1st and 2nd are free and supposed to be great. And filled with feels.

There's more coming out in the future too, like fault milestone 1.
I didn't like Go! Go! Nippon at all. It's like the wet dream of a western Otaku. The information about japan is actually interesting, but you better watch a documentary for that.
But I do support your reccomendations and add my hat for Cherry Tree High. A short, but very entertaining game.

mrgone

Art games, even below platformers on the "it's so indie" game hierarchy.

We have a chance!

Come on, everybody vote for the emotional pack today. I've been waiting for To the Moon this entire sale.
4WU5IkW.jpg

Shackzam

Wait it keeps on saying that broforce is the same 20% off it's been the whole sale what's going on? and fuck yeah I called it.

EDIT: I clicked on the games store page and the 33% was there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cloudbuilt potential 85%

someone pull out the wait for the daily deals sparkling gif and beat me over the head with it. Its Gone Home part 2 :(

also lol so many people bought CloudBuilt thinking it wouldnt get lower

shut your piehole salsa!

Caerith

I haven't considered Ace Attorney a VN either... I guess it's the lack of branching and the emphasis on solving the puzzle.

edit: I think that's what I mean, but apparently it's not divided in the west:

That distinction is hard to argue against, but with the way the Ace Attorney games are presented it wouldn't be a bad start to describe VNs as "like Ace Attorney, but with branching."

Ozium

I own To The Moon and Cat Lady on Steam and played Papo y Yo on ps3...

plus dat $3 Cloudburst yo...

Action - Platformer GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom