• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to liezryou for broforce for 3 tf2 keys!! I just opened the pack for him so he has at least 3 more

Also nbnt i accepted your summer card trade. Happy crafting!

It was because castle crashers was on sale too. Both games in the bundle were on sale, giving the bundle an extra discount. With castle crashers discount only, the bundle was 12.49

I know :( I bought castle crashers too when it went on sale. I wanted to punch something when I saw the updated bundle price...

Turfster

Russian price for RE:Revelaitons is about as much as I want to spend on it, but I don't want to fuck around with keys.
No burning need to play it either, so I guess I'll just wait another few sales to get it.

Also, for those that wondered about the Kalypso launcher for Tropico among other games recently, you can just add 127.0.0.1 launcher01.kalypsomedia.com to your hosts file and it'll think you're offline and skip the whole account shit.

Lain

Despite what I posted some posts ago, I went ahead and got Broforce from liezryou.
Now to wait for the switch of the deals and then grab either Transistor or Shovel Knight if there isn't anything else of interest.

Levyne

Banned
I'm going to start a little aspiration: beating every game I bought (and will buy) during this Steam Summer Sale 2014 before the Winter Sale 2014 starts and writing something (maybe a review) of each and everyone of them. Too often I just buy games without ever touching them during these bigger sales. At the very least this should give me a good idea of just how many games are left unplayed. I'll make a list of games I acquired later but for now I started with Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Ridiculously cheap price tempted me into buying this day 1 while that originally wasn't my plan. I'm very glad I did.

header.jpg

I wrote a small review:

I feel fairly confident right now this will be up there with the best games I'll play this year when all is said and done.

Thanks for the review. I think I'll play through this today.

Because real bros already bought it a while back, bro.

(god, i'm in a temporary apartment between houses that's 3 blocks from a major college on a major street, and friday and saturday nights after the bars close, it's almost humorous how college kids actually *do* talk like that... last night, verbatim:

Bro 1: Bro. BRO. Bro bro bro bro bro bro
Bro 2: I know, right?
Bro 1: Brooooooooooooooooo

then again we were we any better? With our nonstop and non-conscious use of "like" as a pause word, and "dude" and "man" ? Ugh... now I feel like a cranky old man or something)
Dude, I'm only 22 and I still do this. Although that maybe puts me above what was college age for a lot of kids.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I swear having both steam, gog, and humble doing sales is so bad for me. Ive been resisting massive purchases the last few days. Its really bad when you have money in the bank, but you really dont have much money, if you know what im saying. The wallet idea is a good one but i would end up just refilling it i feel like. And then my mind is always blown when i start up one of these games i got for 2 dolla and get like 10 hours of awesome out of it, realizing i probably shouldnt have bought so many games.

railGUN

Banned
Sorry for the derail, but I figured this thread is probably full of Steam experts - I just received an email that said I had 47 RUB added to my Steam Wallet... is that possible without the account being compromised?

didamangi

Russian price for RE:Revelaitons is about as much as I want to spend on it, but I don't want to fuck around with keys.
No burning need to play it either, so I guess I'll just wait another few sales to get it.

Might want to contact Tenrius and see if he's still helping fellow GAFer getting Russian games via paypal. Very generous Russian dude.

Turfster

Sorry for the derail, but I figured this thread is probably full of Steam experts - I just received an email that said I had 47 RUB added to my Steam Wallet... is that possible without the account being compromised?

There was a bug that with a specific payment method in Russia, people could add money to random accounts. Don't know if that still exists tho.
Either way, this is not good, since people that did it mainly used it to troll accounts.

Might want to contact Tenrius and see if he's still helping fellow GAFer getting Russian games via paypal. Very generous Russian dude.

Yeah, but he's currently offline, and it's only on sale for 44 more minutes ;)
Like I said, it's no big if I do miss out on it.
After trying RE5 thanks to ps+, I'm not a big fan of more "modern" REs.

Mokoi

Banned

(god, i'm in a temporary apartment between houses that's 3 blocks from a major college on a major street, and friday and saturday nights after the bars close, it's almost humorous how college kids actually *do* talk like that... last night, verbatim:

then again we were we any better? With our nonstop and non-conscious use of "like" as a pause word, and "dude" and "man" ? Ugh... now I feel like a cranky old man or something)

Stop being so cranky bro. Nahh, it's pretty fun how much that is said. My friends and I replaced the word bro with hoes. We even had senior shirts last year that said team hoes on the back.

Vuze

Should I sell my Shovel Knight cards at this point (~.14 Eurocent)? I don't get games on release very often so I don't know how the price will develop.

The game is great btw but I still need to figure out which controls fit best for me. Not sure if I prefer controller oder KB for this.

Shit I'm 21 and like, dude and man are some of my most used words.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Rather quite annoying when a Steam Wallet code doesn't work. Store it came from says they activated it and it's just fine, contact Steam. Steam says it's an error (never specifically say it wasn't activated though) and to contact the company I got I purchased it from.

22 bros for life!

Oh you'll do it for a year and then grow bored with it before moving to something else. 23 maybe.

railGUN

Banned
There was a bug that with a specific payment method in Russia, people could add money to random accounts. Don't know if that still exists tho.
Either way, this is not good, since people that did it mainly used it to troll accounts.

What do you mean by "troll accounts"? The password is a unique one (random letters numbers and symbols) and I'm pretty sure I have 2 factor authentication on...

RyzBZiF.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Make sure you don't miss out on Broforce for $10! Only 39 minutes left to get it. It's actually pretty crazy stuff and fun as hell. Will definitely put more time into the game soon.

liezryou

Have you been messing around with russian VPN and/or buying stuff with ?cc=ru?

didamangi

Should I sell my Shovel Knight cards at this point (~.14 Eurocent)? I don't get games on release very often so I don't know how the price will develop.

The game is great btw but I still need to figure out which controls fit best for me. Not sure if I prefer controller oder KB for this.

It's got the greatest background profile though.

Eternia

I thought at one point this method was used to restrict account functions, thus "trolling" you because Steam didn't like random deposits of money of another currency or something.

Turfster

What do you mean by "troll accounts"? The password is a unique one (random letters numbers and symbols) and I'm pretty sure I have 2 factor authentication on...

It doesn't have anything to do with your account itself, it was a cash kiosk thing in Russia where you could just enter any account name and the money would be added to it.
As for trolling, people would add a small amount of money, a couple of rubles, then do a charge-back, restricting the account for like, 3 months.

Like I said, I don't know if this is still possible/happening, but this happened more than once last year. People speculated it was probably because the people affected pissed off Russian people in a Dota game, but that's hearsay.

dot

Amy rekking everybody and Injustice on sale, nice.

I voted for the Terraria category because it's going to win anyways.

is today the last day for the team stuff? Come on Sanic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom