• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hm, it says I'm locked out of the market until 8:56 today, but it's 9:28 and I still can't use it. Is the time in a different timezone or something?

Island

RyzBZiF.jpg
Such a great comic.

Lain

Guess I'll grab Cloudbuilt today instead of waiting last sale day (it won the vote right? I don't remember if it was in platformer category lol).

I'm going to start a little aspiration: beating every game I bought (and will buy) during this Steam Summer Sale 2014 before the Winter Sale 2014 starts and writing something (maybe a review) of each and everyone of them. Too often I just buy games without ever touching them during these bigger sales. At the very least this should give me a good idea of just how many games are left unplayed. I'll make a list of games I acquired later but for now I started with Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Ridiculously cheap price tempted me into buying this day 1 while that originally wasn't my plan. I'm very glad I did.

header.jpg

I wrote a small review:

I feel fairly confident right now this will be up there with the best games I'll play this year when all is said and done.

HAHAHAHAHA! (I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at myself. You, Sir, I salute you and your ambition). My ability to buy games has far exceeded my ability to play though games for years...the Winter break 2000 during my Senior year of University was the last time i was remotely caught up...it was a great winter break I'll tell you. I played through Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Resident Evil 3 (In one sitting. Started at 10PM, and played through till i was done at around 6AM other then getting some food at about 3AM) and finishing off with Final Fantasy IX.

Anyway, I'd bought my first PC around that time as well, and I never stopped buying console games. With all the humble/indie/royale bundles over the last 6 months, PC games in particular have gone through the roof.

What i'm saying, is I have no hope of ever going through all of these games...unless there's a console cycle where literally nothing interests me...and its not going to be this cycle. Even if noone else does on their console, Nintendo always delivers quality games, and there's enough that I suspect on the horizon, that will probably not make the jump to PC that I feel like I can buy a PS4 (at least until the Japanese Developers figure the whole port to PC thing out).

That having been said, for what its worth, this year's metagame, and getting cards for badges and selling by idling games...I did take the time to look and pay a number of them, so while I didn't finish anything, i at least looked at a fair few of them.

Anyway, good luck on your endeavor.

Sendou

What i'm saying, is I have no hope of ever going through all of these games...unless there's a console cycle where literally nothing interests me...and its not going to be this cycle. Even if noone else does on their console, Nintendo always delivers quality games, and there's enough that I suspect on the horizon, that will probably not make the jump to PC that I feel like I can buy a PS4 (at least until the Japanese Developers figure the whole port to PC thing out).

I think my backlog is past the point where I will play all the games there. I'm just trying to stop buying games I'll never play. That's just waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom