• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEGIII

Neo Member
Does Portal 2 have an active active multiplayer and modding community? I played through the story on a (rented) PS3 copy already.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
iH7vIHp5FNrms.jpg

mj-laughing.gif

dani_dc

For any Europeans interested in Mercenary Kings, it's 50% off at Humble Bundle with a lower base price (15 euros instead of 19 euros).

Just FYI when the french revolution did this they called it the terrors. And it didn't work out. And the dude that ran the place got his head lopped off too. So, like, enjoy your chaos and your mayhem.

Tomorrow you shall enjoy us team Pink putting the board, and everyone in it, on fire.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
whoa nice

fuck you Bad Rats

I know this is terribly unrealistic and I'd never expect Stump or anyone else to even attempt it, but I wish there were a way to make Modbot differentiate between different "tiers" of games. It sucks to be barred from a giveaway for something like Wolfenstein just because you won Bad Rats in a joke giveaway a day/week prior.

Again though, I know this is basically impossible. Just a thought.

Uzzy

Never played Baldurs Gate 1 or 2, it sounds like BG2 is considered the classic, so I can just skip the first game right?

I heard theyre pretty long too, is it one of those things where you spend most of the time in not very good combat and it's mostly nostalgia? The screenshots dont inspire a lot of confidence

I wouldn't skip BG1 if you've never played it. It offers a different experience to BG2, concentrating more on low level wilderness adventuring, which is pretty neat. There's also a fair bit of the story that won't quite make sense if you skip BG1.

They are very long games too, with BG2 in particular being absolutely massive. I hit 200 hours in my first playthrough of BG2.

The combat is great and quite deep once you get into it, but getting into it can be quite a task. It is basically using AD&D 2nd Edition rules, which don't help in getting beginners in. But stick with it and you'll fall in love.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Broken Age looks so pretty. I just know I'll never play it. I like everything about adventure games except playing them.

Kadin

I love game reviews like this on Amazon: "This game is dependent on the hideous garbage known as Steam. Don't waste your money on the download - buy the discs."

That's very helpful, thanks. Oh and this is for Baldur's Gate II Enhanced.

The_Monk

Let it be noted that when Red wins, we take our victory magnanimously--but for pink team, winning is not enough, they need to destroy the board and ruin everyone else's fun. Does this not prove that red team is the natural winning team and that pink is not reading to handle the responsibility of winning?

Pink Team:

gif2-1.gif

You get a full game with this purchase

Comes as a free update when its out.

It's not a stupid question. Yes, you get the Act II update too.

Act II is included in that price.

From the gamepage:

edit: olla, I think we answered his question :D

You will get Act 2 when it releases, it's a season-pass type thing.

Holy shit thats a lot of replies, lol

Thank you!

I did check but I didn't see the part on the game page.

Aurarian

Are there going to be any new sales apart from community/flash sales tomorrow? I know it'll be a repeat of all the sales as well more than likely. Just wondering if I should hold out on Dark Souls II or not.

Best feeling: buy Wolfenstein at 50% off, then realize you will have to wait until 2am to play it because the 44GB download would put you over your download cap for the month and 2am is when your unmetered period starts.

I want to get Wolfenstein, but I've heard the game doesn't run that great on PCs with AMD GPUs. Is that still the case? I have a Radeon 7950 and I'm seeing reports of poor performance in the PC Configuration thread for the game here on GAF.

ran it on a 7950 with 0 issues 14.4 cat drivers

Ok, I wouldn't say this (again) if it wasn't for that Wolfenstein at 50% off, so, here I go - another damn day, another damn set of dailies and flash deals (and another damn Watch Dogs flash) without Dark Souls 2 :( Come on Namco, give us at least a flash sale :(

Mokoi

Banned
Best feeling: buy Wolfenstein at 50% off, then realize you will have to wait until 2am to play it because the 44GB download would put you over your download cap for the month and 2am is when your unmetered period starts.

Ahh wow! It will take me forever to download that.

And with that, I'm done. Got Chivalry, Broken Age, Shadowrun, and Cloudbuilt. All in all, I think I stayed just a bit ahead of my 100 buck budget so I'd say it was pretty alright all around.

Wensih

Very good choices there, loved both of them.

That's good to hear. I went ahead and bought other things this sale because I'm assuming these games will be deeply discounted in the next couple of months.

Tomorrow (after the daily/community/flash nonsense) my final day purchases will be:

Geometry Wars
LOVE
KAMI
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Primordia
The Cat Lady (?)
Papo y Yo
Thirty Flights of Loving
Year Walk
Oddworld Pack
Ballpoint Universe

Check out Ether One, could fit your taste.

I've looked into the game before. It does look pretty interesting. I'm not sure how well my crappy laptop would handle it, and I'm looking for games <$10 in this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom