• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

This new buy feature of Steam is something I do not like. First it undercuts the market and second it is possible to make mistakes like $0.9 which has you placing an order for 90 cents. Almost made that mistake twice.

Ultryx

I wasn't expecting Wolfenstein to be 50% during this sale, but I'm really happy it is. I feel bad though for people who may have wanted it, but set a budget for themselves. This late in the sale and the budgets may already be used up.

One more day and it's been a great summer sale yet again! I do wish I didn't see some games repeat though.

Fewr

Nice, are you getting the DLC too? If you are then you let me know what you think of it. The only thing I know is that it's longer than the base game but it didn't take me much time to finish the base game so I'm curious.

I think I'll play base, and wait for end of year sale in case I want the DLC, the price might be even lower then.

KissVibes

Banned
No ikaruga, no luftrausers, no yawhg, no CSD, no unholy heights, no full bore, no escape goat 2, no aqua kitty, no 100% orange juice (even though that price is a killer, I'm lacking a few cents)

GabeN pls

I'll trade you a copy of 100% Orange Juice ($4.68) for Cloudbuilt & The Final Hours of Titanfall ($3.98).

Vuze

lol @ Watch_Dogs. ubipls
Also 15% off for Among The Sleep. MOAR
Kinda surprised Wolfenstein is already 50% off. Probably 10€ on the Wintersale then.

This new buy feature of Steam is something I do not like. First it undercuts the market and second it is possible to make mistakes like $0.9 which has you placing an order for 90 cents. Almost made that mistake twice.

I still hate checking the box every single freaking time you want to make a purchase if you refresh the page.

Uzzy

So I already have both Baldur's Gate games via GOG, and haven't played them (I know, I know), do these Enhanced Editions really add much? Or should I just stick with the originals?

Not planning to get them this sale, anyway, just wondering if I should keep them on my wishlist.

The Enhanced Editions give you stuff like modern resolutions and widescreen support out of the box, an improved UI, support for the classes and kits that were brought in for BG2 in BG1. You can get a lot of the same functionality in the original versions via mods, but the Enhanced Editions are great in the sense that you can just download them and go.

Pachimari

What games did people want that didnt get a sale? I dont get the complaints since pretty much everything got some kind of deal

This sale have been awesome but it's also my first. Got 123 games out of it as soon as I get Assetto Corsa and Anno 1404 Gold when I get home. And bought Rust and Cryostasis which were not on sale as well. Fantastic sales period to me honestly.

bigkrev

Finally, Broken Age for sub-$10!

Now, please just give me the fucking Street Fighter discount you had up for vote and the idiots in the community didn't vote for, and I can die happy

xBladeM6x

Wolfenstein!!!

At 50% off, you could not be happier with shootin' stranglin' stabbin' nazis!

comment_Vdx3sstyI4KkpQDyMBWOktDnvpHXhPMS.gif

I want to get Wolfenstein, but I've heard the game doesn't run that great on PCs with AMD GPUs. Is that still the case? I have a Radeon 7950 and I'm seeing reports of poor performance in the PC Configuration thread for the game here on GAF.

This sale have been awesome but it's also my first. Got 123 games out of it as soon as I get Assetto Corsa and Anno 1404 Gold when I get home. And bought Rust and Cryostasis which were not on sale as well. Fantastic sales period to me honestly.

123? You sure you don't mean 12,3?

Link Man

Banned
The Enhanced Editions give you stuff like modern resolutions and widescreen support out of the box, an improved UI, support for the classes and kits that were brought in for BG2 in BG1. You can get a lot of the same functionality in the original versions via mods, but the Enhanced Editions are great in the sense that you can just download them and go.

Thank you, added them to my wishlist.

Bsigg12

Awesome stuff! I think the sale was mediocre this year. There was some good deals but far too many repeats. Last summer I bought around 35 games (set a limit of $200), this one I've only bought 2 (same $200 limit).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Battleblock theater has amazing presentation and a great sense of humour. Game seems fairly straightforward but fun enough

xeris

Couldn't talk myself into Payday 2 since I probably won't have time for much co-op anytime soon. So grabbed the first one for cheap instead.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle
Rayman Legends
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Rogue Legacy
Battleblock Theater (x2 copies)
Papers, Please
Risk of Rain
The Witcher
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Good haul for me this sale, considering Wolfenstein (low budget!)and still need to pick up The Sandbox for my girlfriend, otherwise I'm tapped out. Hope I can win Wolfenstein but I'm not expecting it.

Oh dear only ~1800 summer sale #7 card have to sell until mine has any chance of selling.

Well at this point I'm in the black from buying the cards/packs to craft with so I guess that is cool. The worst thing to do is act as that will only accelerate the crash.

Deitus

So, early on crafting summer badges made sense, because the team switch tokens, and the point bonus and steal items were selling for a lot. But since it's the last day, the market seems to have plummeted for all but the rarest of these items.

So it's probably a good idea for me to just cut my losses and sell all my remaining cards rather than trying to craft a couple more badges right?

KingKong

Never played Baldurs Gate 1 or 2, it sounds like BG2 is considered the classic, so I can just skip the first game right?

I heard theyre pretty long too, is it one of those things where you spend most of the time in not very good combat and it's mostly nostalgia? The screenshots dont inspire a lot of confidence

So, early on crafting summer badges made sense, because the team switch tokens, and the point bonus and steal items were selling for a lot. But since it's the last day, the market seems to have plummeted for all but the rarest of these items.

So it's probably a good idea for me to just cut my losses and sell all my remaining cards rather than trying to craft a couple more badges right?

I've been selling my cards since day one. Let these fools have hope that they will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom