• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the last day of new dailies up, it's official right? Valve just hates Double Dragon, Strider, Ikaruga, etc. and didn't actually want them to go on sale.

yuraya

I haven't been paying much attention to amazon during this sale. But can anyone confirm if the community choice games have been price matched by amazon as well? or has it only been the dailies/flash sets?

Kadin

So have there been any other GAFers who won some games from their Wishlist beyond the one on day 2? I remember seeing his screenshot, haven't seen any others since but this thread moves so fast so...

Gangxxter

This sale have been awesome but it's also my first. Got 123 games out of it as soon as I get Assetto Corsa and Anno 1404 Gold when I get home. And bought Rust and Cryostasis which were not on sale as well. Fantastic sales period to me honestly.
wtf, first sale and you bought 123 games??? and you also got Cryostasis? Isn't it super hard to get a key these days?

I want to get Wolfenstein, but I've heard the game doesn't run that great on PCs with AMD GPUs. Is that still the case? I have a Radeon 7950 and I'm seeing reports of poor performance in the PC Configuration thread for the game here on GAF.
I have a 7970 Ghz Edition and it runs good on my rig, somewhere between 30-60 fps, depends on how much is going on on screen. I have a weak CPU though (1st generation of an i7 @ 2.8 Ghz) and this game is very CPU intense.

pahamrick

Thanks to M&M, I couldn't resist. Got both Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions.

I have a confession, it'll be my first time playing both.

Deitus

I've been selling my cards since day one. Let these fools have hope that they will win.

That's what I should have done (and I actually did sell a couple cards on day 1 when they were at their peak price), but that $50 Purple token and $20 point stealer early on reeled me in like a sucker. All I spent was card money, so it's not a huge loss, but I could have made several dollars if I was just selling everything.

LiK

So have there been any other GAFers who won some games from their Wishlist beyond the one on day 2? I remember seeing his screenshot, haven't seen any others since but this thread moves so fast so...

two guys won the last i was here. but that's it.

i'm gonna pick up Cognition. Doubt that game will end up on the main page at all.

I've gotten literally hundreds of dollars worth of games from GAF generosity and hours of fun. this is but a small thanks in return

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wolfenstein The New Order -- MB-256F72FA38DAD8FC - Taken by nightstorm. 236 entrants total.

t1403987850z1.png

Make sure to read the message too

And for the people who wanted ikaruga, blame the bad taste of community choice voters.

AND COME ON IT'S AT 5€ RIGHT NOW
STHAP AND GET IT
>:eek:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Let it be noted that when Red wins, we take our victory magnanimously--but for pink team, winning is not enough, they need to destroy the board and ruin everyone else's fun. Does this not prove that red team is the natural winning team and that pink is not reading to handle the responsibility of winning?

Personaj

Neo Member
I have so many summer cards to sell but I can't until tonight because I'm locked from the marketplace. Watching the prices crash is slowly crushing me.

Just came into the sale to buy Dark Souls II, no chance of it going lower I'm guessing?

Bradach

I'm about half way through Wolfenstein and it is great fun. Best FPS I've played in years. The guns are so punchy and the story is actually entertaining.

Also Max Payne isn't bad at all. It's well worth that price.

Deitus

Let it be noted that when Red wins, we take our victory magnanimously--but for pink team, winning is not enough, they need to destroy the board and ruin everyone else's fun. Does this not prove that red team is the natural winning team and that pink is not reading to handle the responsibility of winning?

The game is just more fun with the board turned upside down.

Acccent

The pink dude projects a shadow, but not the board.

Also, the score bars now move smoothly up and down when swapping places.

Valve embracing the early access trend with their sales metagame

pahamrick

It's that time again. I have Summer Adventure Cards #1 and #2 for whoever needs them for crafting, just send me a PM with your Steam name.

Pink is so scared of losing again that after winning they decided to destroy the board and anyone else's chance of winning.

We reds look down upon such barbaric behavior.

Lomax

Just remember after the last couple of sales, the games that lost community choice votes were the majority of the dailies for the next couple of weeks (though the discounts didn't always match). So there's always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom