• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Speedrunners was only ever a choice in a community vote right? I'm holding off on Cloudbuilt hoping for Speedrunners to pop up again.

This is not Bad Rats:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jason Frost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-588188A95B919C27 - Taken by PaulExcellent. 2 entrants total.

t1403996360z1.png

Well I put a some points in for green, not that it matters since this is so obviously rigged.

Also I don't like these sale gimmicks... Just put the games on display and be done with it.

Or at least come up with a gimmick that leads to more games or bigger discounts.

I'd still get it. Just mentioning it because of all the remastered old rts games I'm seeing.

As for this sale I want a better discount on Age of Myth and a discount on Rise of Nations:) That would be awesome!

considering westwood studios is dead and seeing how red alert 3/C&C4 turned out i'm sure EA would find some way to screw it up

Dambrosi

Banned
Well I put a some points in for green, not that it matters since this is so obviously rigged.

Also I don't like these sale gimmicks... Just put the games on display and be done with it.

Or at least come up with a gimmick that leads to more games or bigger discounts.
Yeah, the Summer Sale 2012 gimmick was cool, afair. I wouldn't mind a repeat of that.

Leg-End

Yeah, that game is pure great.
I'm terrible at it, but it's still fun to fail.

Yeah at first it was a real headscratcher, I wasn't even earning enough coin to get even the basic upgrades. Now I'm getting a nice run most times, finding the Lich class helps a lot for getting further into it.

Great game though.

dani_dc

There's supposed to be a Pinball Arcade promo going on right now where you can purchase a "starter pack" of tables from within the game for a penny, IIRC. (I'm glad someone mentioned it again - I'd almost forgotten.)

Interesting, I had no idea.

Downloading the game now, but I might as well ask, can you pay with Steam wallet/Does the DLC get registered within Steam?

If you buy a 4-pack what happens? Do you get 4 'gifts' in your inventory?

No, you get one game added to your account and 3 gifts in your inventory.

The developers' commentary gives nice insight. If you didn't hate the game then give it a go. It works similiarly to Valve's developer commentary modes.

Cool, I think I'll check this out eventually.

Another thing about Gone Home was that
I was expecting a ghost any minute :lol

This is one of those times I wish Steam had a 24 hour return policy. Grabbed Cloudbuilt and it just does NOT work on my computer at all. I know I technically could go through customer service but going through that hassle and wasting my one forgiveness policy on a 3 dollar game is pointless.

Jak140

Finished Gone Home in less than 90 minutes. Game was ok for me but I was actually expecting more about the story.

Not bad for $2.99 though.
Did you pick up on the
father's story involving the uncle and how it affected his life and relationship with the mother (his wife) and his father?
One of the most effective and subtly told stories in gaming.

Sendou

Cool, I think I'll check this out eventually.

Another thing about Gone Home was that
I was expecting a ghost any minute :lol

Yeah it's the kind of game (GONE HOME SPOILERS)
where you expect something dramatic to be at the end. Maybe be it a body or whatever. That never comes though.
(GONE HOME SPOILERS)

iosefe

Speedrunners was only ever a choice in a community vote right? I'm holding off on Cloudbuilt hoping for Speedrunners to pop up again.

yup, a sadly failed one.

i bought it anyway, not expecting it to get a second pass. i just need people to play with now

Deitus

I probably should have sold all my summer cards given that the rewards I got for crafting the badges were garbage. But at least I didn't spend any real money, and I've still got $4.50 left in my wallet.

Did you pick up on the
father's story involving the uncle and how it affected his life and relationship with the mother (his wife) and his father?
One of the most effective and subtly told stories in gaming.

No, I didn't. I think I missed a lot of stuff actually, I was almost running around the house :lol

Sendou

Steam downloads games witch patches already included.

Thank god. It annoys to me to no end when consoles do it in a fashion where first you download the game and each time you try to boot the game it starts downloading a new update. That's so archaic it's not even funny. Not sure if it's better with PS4 and XBONE.

Ozium

Was about to craft a summer badge for Team Blue, and then I looked at the scoreboard.... sigh

edit: and they give me a "blue team victory" background... volvo gonna troll

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Thank god. It annoys to me to no end when consoles do it in a fashion where first you download the game and each time you try to boot the game it starts downloading a new update. That's so archaic it's not even funny. Not sure if it's better with PS4 and XBONE.

Tell me about it, the first time I launched LBP2 on PS3, I was greeted by some 3/4GB of patches, after downloading 15GB of the base game.

Turfster

You're going to laugh, but remember uPlay and GFWL?
They do that shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom