• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Interesting, I had no idea.

Downloading the game now, but I might as well ask, can you pay with Steam wallet/Does the DLC get registered within Steam?

I believe it's yes to both based on some of the comments I read, but I can't say for certain because I haven't gotten around to d/l'ing it yet. (So if you can confirm, let us know. : ) )

Sendou

Tell me about it, the first time I launched LBP2 on PS3, I was greeted by some 3/4GB of patches, after downloading 15GB of the base game.

The worst part is that there's no indicator that there's a patch waiting. So there you get ready to play a game. Maybe have a nice cold drink. Get comfortable on the sofa. Then the motherfucker starts downloading a patch that with the servers they use takes a few hours.

You're going to laugh, but remember uPlay and GFWL?
They do that shit too.

Can't remember that myself. I easily can believe that though. So stupid.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The worst part is that there's no indicator that there's a patch waiting. So there you get ready to play a game. Maybe have a nice cold drink. Get comfortable on the sofa. Then the motherfucker starts downloading a patch that with the servers they use takes a few hours.

This so much. "Oh, it finished downloading/installing, I 20 minutes before I have to go out, I'll just play through the intro" and SBAM, patch download. It's so irritating.

biocat

So which of the community sale platformers should I get? I have PS+ so I guess I'm getting Towerfall next from there.
Edit: autocorrect

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
My favorite game/gem of the sale. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Heavy Bullets -- MB-19B3BB6924880534

t1404007142z1.png

This so much. "Oh, it finished downloading/installing, I 20 minutes before I have to go out, I'll just play through the intro" and SBAM, patch download. It's so irritating.

PS3 finally added the option to "check for updates" in the game options in the last OS update. Still, it's dumb.

SteamGaf, do you recommend Baldur's Gate EE or the GOG version with mods?

Whichever is cheaper. Or whichever you already own.

Ruruja

Here's a little something back for the giveaways I won. There'll be 2 more giveaways but it seems you can only gift yourself a game once until it's redeemed.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

100% Orange Juice -- MB-BADB6D8B263569A8 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 34 entrants total.

t1403997421z1.png

Caerith

Ok, now I really have to replay the game.

Walkthrough for the spoiler:
Go to the garage and look up: you'll see a purple ball in the rafters. Take the milk carton from the recycling bin and throw it up, then take the ball to Sam's room and close the door. There's a basketball net on the back of the door. Make the shot.

dani_dc

I believe it's yes to both based on some of the comments I read, but I can't say for certain because I haven't gotten around to d/l'ing it yet. (So if you can confirm, let us know. : ) )

I can confirm at least the first account accounts. I think it applies for the second one as well, it doesn't show up under "DLC", but it appears on my Steam account under "Game Transactions". It might be because it's just three tables and not any of the DLC sold directly through Steam.
So overall I'm slightly confused over that.

Here's the steps if anyone is interested.

Here's a little something back for the giveaways I won. There'll be 2 more giveaways but it seems you can only gift yourself a game once until it's redeemed.

Entered, Thanks for the giveaway.
Still holding out on getting it in hopes of a flash sale.

Volcane

Oh god, games I bought in the Sale

• Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Thief
    Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (EMEA)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - Gold Edition
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition
    Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Syberia Collection
    The Swapper
    Ghostbusters: The Videogame
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    The Stanley Parable
    Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
    The Walking Dead Season 2
    ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Aliens: Colonial Marines

Don't know when going to have time to play them all.

LGom09

Cloudbuilt is pretty rad. Just played for about half an hour. Controls take some getting used to and the movement speed is extremely fast, but I can already feel myself getting better though and that's pretty cool. Will definitely play more of this.

Nordicus

Kyou

Cloudbuilt is pretty rad. Just played for about half an hour. Controls take some getting used to and the movement speed is extremely fast, but I can already feel myself getting better though and that's pretty cool. Will definitely play more of this.

It looked kind of incomprehensible from the videos, is it easy to wrap your head around?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Less than two hours to go!

ModBot 2 said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-3D97045E7E091585 - Taken by t0rment

t1404004032z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom