• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
thank god you bought a game for yourself

KuGsj.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broken Age -- MB-EE24A7CF91242CF9

t1404007549z1.png

So I was pissed about Steam derping out and not counting one of my votes towards a card. But I realized that there probably won't be enough votes for me to get another one anyway.

Chariot

Taken 4: Given
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for Bad Rats, I can tell you I hoard them all myself. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you take my game now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will gift you... the game."

Jawmuncher

Was going to play Wolfenstein but realized I need to make the Dino Crisis anniversary thread. Because Regina is always first in my book.

xBladeM6x

Oh god, games I bought in the Sale

• Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Thief
    Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (EMEA)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - Gold Edition
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition
    Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Syberia Collection
    The Swapper
    Ghostbusters: The Videogame
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    The Stanley Parable
    Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
    The Walking Dead Season 2
    ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Aliens: Colonial Marines

Don't know when going to have time to play them all.

Damn dude. You went all in, didn't you? xD

LGom09

It looked kind of incomprehensible from the videos, is it easy to wrap your head around?

I'd say so. The tutorial is quick and painless. I'm sure there are more mechanics that I haven't come across yet, but as of now, it's actually pretty simple.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
"Real game"?

Man, I dare you to get through the game let alone get decent times. It's a tough 3D platformer

I dislike time trials.

I dislike most (if not all) games in which time is a big part of the mechanic.

Which is why I never play the time trials in any game (mirror's edge, batman, bionic commando). I even hate the "break all targets!" smash bros minigame.

A game based on this is not my definition of "fun times".

PS3 finally added the option to "check for updates" in the game options in the last OS update. Still, it's dumb.

Whichever is cheaper. Or whichever you already own.

I own neither but I'm tempted to get the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 on Steam after missing the pack on GOG. That being said...

The latter

In that case, I'll wait for the GOG versions to go on sale again.

Garcia

I just hope this is the first and last time Valve introduces a meta-game to a big sale. In theory, things could be fun but in reality money always speaks. Team-switching/stealing tokens should have never existed from the beginning.

Tizoc

Oh god, games I bought in the Sale

• Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Thief
    Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (EMEA)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - Gold Edition
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition
    Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Syberia Collection
    The Swapper
    Ghostbusters: The Videogame
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    The Stanley Parable
    Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
    The Walking Dead Season 2
    ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Aliens: Colonial Marines

Don't know when going to have time to play them all.

This your first sale?
Cuz I applaud you for you fine taste in video games, especially since you got Marlow Briggs
Obama-toast1.gif

Although I notice you didn't get any of the big 3:
Dead Rising 3
Divinity OS
Witcher 3
Not a biggy though~

Spinluck

It's not much, but...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-F346640DBD3ADCE4 - Taken by Gangxxter. 1 entrants total.
The Ship #2 -- MB-DAD7C377A2DA3FF3 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1403996737z1.png

titanic.gif

For adventure game lovers~

ModBot said:
Instructions for soapypanda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Dream Machine: Chapter 1 & 2 -- MB-4EF93C85C36A1E6E - Taken by oipic. 6 entrants total.

t1404008234z1.png

But it did actually release early than billed, and it wasn't midnight, at least in the UK. Whether that was rigged is unknowable without someone with knowledge internally
It did release earlier than billed, but only because Steam games usually release in the afternoon EST.

I remember people noting that the progress bar moved at an irregular rate. I forget the exact details, but it was pretty generally accepted and realized toward the end that the event was always going to have released the game "early" at that exact time. Earlier than billed, yes, but players had little to no effect on the whole affair; it was always going to release at that "earlier than billed" time slot regardless.

But players were given the illusion of influence in order to encourage sales of the pack. At least in that instance Valve gave the Valve Complete Pack to the people who put in the effort. That was a nice end to it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a halfway point reminder!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-A65AA3AABCCAF8C6

t1404002972z1.png

QcaKxiy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom