• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Last bump.

Decided to give away my extra copy of this game. Me and my friends have had a lot of fun with this game and I hope whoever wins it does the same. I know I can't force you not to participate but if you have no plans to play this game with other people can you please not participate as to give others a chance to enjoy it? Thanks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nidhogg -- MB-CAFB08ABBEA69C5E - Taken by Junko. 89 entrants total.

t1403998731z1.png

2590306-6027008441-ibi0f.gif

Oreoleo

I just hope this is the first and last time Valve introduces a meta-game to a big sale. In theory, things could be fun but in reality money always speaks. Team-switching/stealing tokens should have never existed from the beginning.

Well, this isn't the first time they've done a meta-game for a sale. But it's the first time they've tried to pit Steam users against each other in 'competition' and I think it's sort of.. mean-spirited? Goes against what the sale and Steam community should be about IMO.

Nordicus

I dislike time trials.

I dislike most (if not all) games in which time is a big part of the mechanic.

Which is why I never play the time trials in any game (mirror's edge, batman, bionic commando). I even hate the "break all targets!" smash bros minigame.

But do you still play and like these games if you don't worry about the time? Especially Mirror's edge?

Because you can play Cloudbuilt (and will for first playthroughs of stages) by ignoring the time trial mechanic and making it through as slowly as you need to. Granted, top times (and completion of different modes like "No Bullets") are connected to how many extra lives you get to beat levels.

See this bad boy obstacle here? Screw times, you'll be wondering how the hell you can get way up there through all that boost-management heavy wallrunning in one go. Because failing likely means death, I sure took my sweet-ass time with it.

Pachimari

If Thief, Goat Simulator, Wolfenstein, Shadowrun, Portal 2, Metal Gear Rising and a Ass Creed or Call of Duty game are there on encore day in 2 days, then I gotta grab those.

Seriously, there's almost no need for me to have other gaming platforms if it wasn't for Sony's and Nintendo's exclusives on PS4 and Wii U.

I guess getting Trials Evo cheaper than $5 isn't going to happen this sale. Too bad I had a couple chance before the sale to get it for that price and held out hoping it would be on Steam.

I wonder if it will be a photo finish. Or maybe a team will pull ahead in the final sprint :) If everyone tries to do that it may crash Steam though :D

If Thief, Goat Simulator, Wolfenstein, Shadowrun, Portal 2, Metal Gear Rising and a Ass Creed or Call of Duty game are there on encore day in 2 days, then I gotta grab those.

Seriously, there's almost no need for me to have other gaming platforms if it wasn't for Sony's and Nintendo's exclusives on PS4 and Wii U.

Games like Destiny and Metal gear solid V always justifies my purchase outside platform exclusives. I am too weak to wait for a PC release :(

Gangxxter

wooohoooo, thanks for The Ship, SpinDasher! I've wanted to get this game for so long now and finally I own it, thank you very much!

Ruruja

Mmm, that's good OJ.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

100% Orange Juice -- MB-54ACEF23CF69F039 - Taken by iosefe. 26 entrants total.

t1403999218z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

MbmDY6z.png

xheRJRF.gif
Mystery Game (probably Bad Rats, definitely not Shovel Knight) -- MB-1435CAB87E0F9154 - Taken by kevin1025. 135 entrants total.

t1404009343z1.png

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Anyone want to trade my #5 Foil for some regular summer cards? I just want to make a couple more badges.

fFjU87l.png

Offer trade to Stuggernaut on Steam ;)

Red Comet

Gotta give an endorsement to Chivalry while it's on sale. I've only played for an hour, and I utterly suck at it, but there's nothing like rushing head first in to battle only to have somebody score a home run with your head.

I don't remember who post that video of Cloudbuilt, but THANK YOU.

Saw the -85% sale, just buy it, never heard of it...

Finished the first level, i'm in love (i'm a fan of Mirror's Edge , that must play a part)

Decided to give away my extra copy of this game. Me and my friends have had a lot of fun with this game and I hope whoever wins it does the same. I know I can't force you not to participate but if you have no plans to play this game with other people can you please not participate as to give others a chance to enjoy it? Thanks.
Shit, I'm so sorry, I hope I don't win.

gorfyako

Banned
Hopefully I didn't fuck it up.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guacamelee -- MB-57D17E593C3706F6 - Taken by LordK. 5 entrants total.
Bit.Trip.Runner2 -- MB-A2392CF7F22A4F38 - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 6 entrants total.

t1403999521z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just played a bunch of Battleblock Theatre co-op, that shit is fun. Had no idea what it even was, really liked / liking it

MUnited83

For you.
Haul:
Patricians and Merchants Bundle
Scary Girl
Pac Man Championship Edition
Dungeon Siege Complete
Dragon Age Origins + Reawakening (already own the ultimate edition but I wanted those extra +1s :p)
Baldur's Gate
Adam's Venture Complete Pack
Death Track Ressurection
Urban Trial Freestyle
Borderzone
English Country Tune
Dishonored GOTY
Another World
Conflict Denied Ops
Championship Manager 2007
Bionic Commando Pack
Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass
Mercenary Kings
Shadowrun Deluxe
Broken Age
Joint Operations
Octodad
Strike Vector
Space Engineers
Assassins Creed 1,2,Brotherhood,Revelations,3
Resident Evil 6 Complete
Train Simulator 2014
Steamworld Dig +Soundtrack
Remember Me +DLC
Final Fantasy VII and VIII
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014
The King of Fighters XIII
Endless Space +DLC
Valiant Hearts
Castle Crashers DLCs
Rogue Legacy
Witcher 3(technically not part of the sale but whatevs)
Shadow Warrior Special Edition
Torchlight 2
Nidhogg
Space Hulk
Lego The Movie, The Hobbit. Lego DLCS
Guacamelee Soundtrack
Planetary Anihilattion
Batman Arkham Origins +dlc
Barbie Dreamhouse Party
The Wolf Among Us
Outlast+dlc
Betrayer
Skyrim Legendary
Age of Empires 2 HD+Expansion
State of Decay+ Breakdown
Ducktales Remastered
Slender the Arrival
Batman Blackgate
Bulletstorm
Dynasty Warriors 8
Post Master
Retro Grade
World of Animals Pet n Pals Collection
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Ubersoldier 2
El Matador
Coma Mortuary:Episode 1
Hard Truck Apocalypse:Arcade
Konung 2
Mafia 2 DLC
Defy Gravity Extended
Stellar Impact DLC
DARK +DLC
Storm: Frontline Nation
Kane and Lynch 2 DLC
Tidalis
Rochard: Hard Times
Fowl Space
Puzzler Worlds 2
Dark Void Zero
Tomb Raider Final Hours
Swarm Arena
Season of Mistery: The Cherry Blossom Murders
Roogoo
Insecticide Part 1
Championship Manager 2008
Flora's Fruit Farm
Dead Rising 3
Commandos 2
Crystals of Time
LYNE
Numen: Contest of Heroes

Will probably pick up around 10 more cheap wishlist games.

For adventure game lovers~

That's a cool giveaway. I remember playing chapter 1 (or at least part of 1?) as a demo. Mind you, I think the developers bit off more than they could chew. Releasing the game as episodes is fine. Taking two years and still having a couple of chapters to go? Ain't nobody got time for that!

dot

Damn...is that Shovel Knight or Bad Rats? I don't wanna join since it might be Bad Rats (since i already have it) but then again it really might be Shovel Knight....

what do i do

zzOC0Ll.gif

I remember playing DMC4 on the PS3. The backtracking o_o

I guess it is an unpopular opinion right now, but I also thought the overall campaign design of DMC4 turned a game with great boss fights and combat into a "god this sucks make it end and then never play it again" kind of game.

Very patchy experience for me, I really hated those puzzles.

...and bernardo why?

Shepard

There I am, with a happy little village with 6-7 houses, everything is going fine, then I decide to build 3 more, just to get more citizens and boom, half of my population dies of starvation. Banished is hard, man. :(

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Damn...is that Shovel Knight or Bad Rats? I don't wanna join since it might be Bad Rats (since i already have it) but then again it really might be Shovel Knight....

what do i do

http://i.imgur.com/zzOC0Ll.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't risk it, it's not worth it.

So far...

1. Jazzpunk - £5.49
  2. Skullgirls - £2.99
  3. The Stanley Parable - £3.99
  4. The Cave - £2.49
  5. Euro Truck Simulator 2 - £2.24
  6. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - £2.99
  7. Orion Dino Horde - £1.09
  8. Shadowrun Returns - £2.74