• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indignate

Any opinions on Dragon Commander? I have heard some good and some bad, but I also have almost no idea what you actually do in the game still.

RTS game where you can turn into a dragon. Has Risk-based conquest mode and cards to use for advantages on both the board and in battle and a Starcraft 2 style hub for researching and conversation. Lots of moral-based choices that give trade-offs on benefits and race relations.

RTS battles aren't base building focused (although you do construct buildings) and are designed to be quick and furious.

It's fun.

Volimar

Come on, boys. Daddy needs a new pair of XCOM: Enemy Unknown

iddXLV9.jpg

Can't place my finger on it, but there's something I like about you.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
masochist giveaway #4

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-1DF4065B306DEB48 - Taken by yami4ct. 3 entrants total.

t1404006206z1.png

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Off to bed..
ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-31339FB879BF2ECB - Taken by robotrock
Shovel Knight -- MB-871D3B9F3A121CD5 - Taken by BruteUA. 110 entrants total.
resident evil 4 / biohazard 4 -- MB-A6194F7935DD2D64 - Taken by crazyrabbits

t1404016030z1.png

Hey, it Fez!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Jason Frost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FEZ -- MB-7781E3FBEB843A5E - Taken by SEGIII. 6 entrants total.

t1404006280z1.png

RedSwirl

Is Deus Ex: The Fall really that bad? I'm thinking about it because I have enough Steam credit to knock the game down to 30 cents.

I'm not expecting a console-quality game here. I know it's a mobile port, but is it at least a decent immersive sim?

Alright, I've finally decided what I'm gonna pick up to end this sale. I'm gonna pick up Civ5, and any $2.50 game that looks good. My friend has Civ5, so I might be able to play with them. I'm pretty interested in Hotline Miami and Deus Ex for $1 each.

By the way, when Deus Ex Human Revolution was a deal. Did Deus Ex go on sale as well? Enhanced Steam doesn't tell, since the lowest price for it was $0 before.

Jeremy

Is Deus Ex: The Fall really that bad? I'm thinking about it because I have enough Steam credit to knock the game down to 30 cents.

I'm not expecting a console-quality game here. I know it's a mobile port, but is it at least a decent immersive sim?

Someone post the gif...

Deitus

So from the look of it, we aren't going to get a sale on:

Gunpoint
Teleglitch
Strider
VVVVVV
or Rayman Origins

And please don't start with the "you should just buy them anyway" nonsense. I might pick up a couple of them, but all of these games (except Rayman) were community choice, and people voted against them. Rayman Origins was just bullshit that it didn't go on sale when Legends did. Thanks Valve for the sale taunt.

BruteUA

Shovel Knight -- MB-871D3B9F3A121CD5 - Taken by BruteUA. 110 entrants total.

Thank you for using ModBot! Your entry has been recorded, and if you win you will be notified at the end of the raffle. If you find me useful, please consider donating to receive GAF Gold. More information can be found on the main page. Good luck!

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Ugh so tempted to buy the following games:

Thief
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Mercenary Kings

Something tells me I should wait till tomorrow though...

Gunpoint
Teleglitch
Strider
VVVVVV
or Rayman Origins

And please don't start with the "you should just buy them anyway" nonsense. I might pick up a couple of them, but all of these games (except Rayman) were community choice, and people voted against them. Rayman Origins was just bullshit that it didn't go on sale when Legends did. Thanks Valve for the sale taunt.
Gunpoint was on sale, I got it 75% off I think.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like that game used to hit at least 75% off for a ton of sales in a row, and now get's almost no love. Really wished I picked it up when all those were hitting.
Yeah, me too. I still haven't forgotten that day when it was on sale and I gave the demos a try, only for my internet connection to die once I decided to buy the Carpe Fulgur collection, and not coming back until the sale was already over.

Good times. Not.

tmarques

I know people are whining about the community options, but are State of Decay and Deadlight as good as they look? Never heard of either of them.

(LOL @ the teams still neck and neck 8 hours into the day. Surreal. I wonder if the servers are going to be able to handle the last 30 minutes of so)

Mordeccai

Okay I just played a little bit of Transistor and holy shit, this game is goregous and plays incredibly. I thought I would regret dropping more money on this game than I did on RE4, but nope. Totally worth the daily sale price.

This music, omg.

Quick question about Enhanced Steam, can it scan all your games to see how many and which ones you have installed, and display how many GBs (or TB) it would take to install the all of the games in your Library that aren't installed?

That would be neat.

yami4ct

I have $2.56 left in my wallet and i was thinking in The Last Remnant,

Thoughts?

I bought it a while ago and haven't had time to really dig into it, but it seemed neat. Pretty cool combat and decent visuals. For that price, well worth the shot if you like JRPGs.

Deitus

Gunpoint was on sale, I got it 75% off I think.

I'm pretty sure that was actually before the Summer sale though. I remember passing it up because I was sure it was going to be on sale the following week, and then it hasn't been.

But that is my bad for skipping out on a good deal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Gunpoint
Teleglitch
Strider
VVVVVV
or Rayman Origins

to be fair gunpoint was 75% off the day before the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom