• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
According to Revolution, Valve refuses to put it on the store.
Or Revolution aren't trying hard enough to bring 4 to the Steam store.

That must have been quite a while ago. To the best of my knowledge, the last time Valve prevented a release was last April, when Eador: Masters of the Broken World became available for pre-purchase; Snowbird was told that if it wanted to distribute the original through Steam without having to go through Greenlight again the game would need to be a pre-purchase incentive (a decision Valve later retracted).

Gangxxter

HAdGK0f.png

where r u 4?
Btw, when you play the game, make sure you turn of the hints in the game settings. Otherwise the game is way too easy (e.g. the game will show you which items you're able to combine in your inventory).
Also set "UI" and "Speech Text" to "Classic" in the visual settings.

Shepard

Just purchased Dark Souls 2 and Max, I'm pretty sure these would never come as only flash deals. Ill still hold for Ikaruga, Double Dragon and Strider, though, and I'm done.

DukeBobby

I know people are whining about the community options, but are State of Decay and Deadlight as good as they look? Never heard of either of them.

(LOL @ the teams still neck and neck 8 hours into the day. Surreal)

Deadlight isn't very good.

I haven't played it, but I've heard good things about State of Decay.

Oreoleo

I know people are whining about the community options, but are State of Decay and Deadlight as good as they look? Never heard of either of them.

(LOL @ the teams still neck and neck 8 hours into the day. Surreal. I wonder if the servers are going to be able to handle the last 30 minutes of so)

Can't speak to Deadlight but State of Decay seems to have pretty good word of mouth. That's what I've got my eyes on anyway.

Man, the whole organized team thing really broke down over the last few days, huh.

And I'm not really sure why. The additional rules for 2nd and 3rd place shouldn't have changed anything, in theory.

Oh well. I'm on red team. Can't complain.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

(LOL @ the teams still neck and neck 8 hours into the day. Surreal. I wonder if the servers are going to be able to handle the last 30 minutes of so)

Deadlight looks better than it is

State of Decay is better than it looks

Off to bed..
Nice giveaway. wanted to buy Shovel Knight, but Wolfenstein: New Order blew my budget on the sale. hope i win :)

A question: if i have a retail Crysis Key(bought waaaaaaay before origin existed), is it redeemable on either origin or steam? would try to give it away,if possible.

DukeBobby

Btw, when you play the game, make sure you turn of the hints in the game settings. Otherwise the game is way too easy (e.g. the game will show you which items you're able to combine in your inventory).
Also set "UI" and "Speech Text" to "Classic" in the visual settings.

Noted. Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice giveaway. wanted to buy Shovel Knight, but Wolfenstein: New Order blew my budget on the sale. hope i win :)

A question: if i have a retail Crysis Key(bought waaaaaaay before origin existed), is it redeemable on either origin or steam? would try to give it away,if possible.

Origin yes, Steam no. You'll need to have an EA CSR add the game to your account manually, though.

Deadlight looks better than it is

State of Decay is better than it looks
This is pretty much spot on.

State of Decay totally engrossed me in the first few minutes of playing it. To those looking into getting it, make sure to at least get the Breakdown DLC as well. It essentially lets you play endlessly until you run out of resources or get wiped out.

Prophane33

Might not get a sale badge this time. I've been amassing cards thinking that eventually I would end up getting them all via purchases or voting. That hasn't happened. Anybody wants a #3 or #5 for a #8 card. I'm aware there is a trade thread, but things move pretty fast in there (not that things don't move fast here), and I really only need 1 card.

Mainly been sticking to Indie stuff this sale. With the exception of Football Manager, a series I've been interested in for years, but finally decided to take the plunge. Over the last 5 years I've pretty much weaned down the type of games that I like and don't like (on PC at least). I'm still playing the Pokemon game that is collecting Steam games, I just happen to be collecting all of a certain type. Also, I'm either a spectacular cheapskate or own 90% of the games on sale.

Anteater

damn RE6 is great, played it the entire night on coop, and I got a foil, fuck yeah.

still waiting for speedrunners and double dragon

Mordeccai

Does anybody know whether or not you can dig the soundtrack for Transistor out of the game files? I really, really want to have it, but $7.50 is way too much considering it's the price of another game or two.

Would anyone recommend Baldur's gate I/II if you already had the originals? Would there be any additional benefits over the originals ( with mods added of course).

I am looking over videos and i cannot tell if the visuals for the EE's have been spruced up or if i did something wrong when installing easytutu on my original copies so looking for any info.

Thanks!

Tellaerin

Is Deus Ex: The Fall really that bad? I'm thinking about it because I have enough Steam credit to knock the game down to 30 cents.

I'm not expecting a console-quality game here. I know it's a mobile port, but is it at least a decent immersive sim?

I was seriously considering it last night. These guys talked me out of it. After what they said (and the gifs they posted), I'm really glad they did.

At some point the number of people with Bad Rats will eclipse that of non-Bad Rats owners, who will be the outcasts of the new Bad Rats-centric society, being made to enter and lose Bad Rats raffles for a lifetime. Best to prepare now, I suppose...

yami4ct

At some point the number of people with Bad Rats will eclipse that of non-Bad Rats owners, who will be the outcasts of the new Bad Rats-centric society, being made to enter and lose Bad Rats raffles for a lifetime. Best to prepare now, I suppose...

I just won a copy myself. The infection is spreading.

Thanks The_Super_Inframan.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
masochist giveaway #5

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-DAD8838F5A1CCD73 - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun. 5 entrants total.

t1404007119z1.png

drgambit

Banned
Still waiting for a
orange juice
sale!

(๑′ڡ‵๑)۶४४yϋᵐᵐӵ♡॰⋆̥

wilflare

I'm pretty sure that was actually before the Summer sale though. I remember passing it up because I was sure it was going to be on sale the following week, and then it hasn't been.

But that is my bad for skipping out on a good deal.

it was a deal (can't remember daily flash or community)
people were complaining in the earlier OT that WHY VALVE WHY PUT A GAME THAT WAS ON SALE JUST BEFORE SUMMER SALE (and on Humble store)

I was seriously considering it last night. These guys talked me out of it. After what they said (and the gifs they posted), I'm really glad they did.

Yeah. I was considering jumping on it, but the reviews indicating that this was worse than Invisible War, and a terrible port to boot, caused me to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom